The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Or maybe he goes to BJ's for his cigarettes, Gracie. But hopefully he will confine his smoking to the apartment balcony and rooftop terrace since I'd think he'd be persona non grata in the apartment puffing away with a baby present.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

i wouldnt be surprised if madde was back to smoking from the day she has given birth.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Or maybe he goes to BJ's for his cigarettes, Gracie. But hopefully he will confine his smoking to the apartment balcony and rooftop terrace since I'd think he'd be persona non grata in the apartment puffing away with a baby present.
Aren't there some apartments now in NYC that are in smoke-free buildings meaning he can't even smoke in his own home? I recall that lady who fell off her balcony after lighting up and sitting on the railing as she could not smoke inside.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^That's true, but I would think that if Chris and Madde are inveterate smokers, they wouldn't have gotten an apartment in a smoke-free building. But I would hope that even if they can smoke in their apartment, they'll light up on the balcony or the rooftop terrace because of the baby.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Aren't there some apartments now in NYC that are in smoke-free buildings meaning he can't even smoke in his own home? I recall that lady who fell off her balcony after lighting up and sitting on the railing as she could not smoke inside.
Yes, most of the higher quality ones have gone smoke-free. They impose quite large fines through their owner's associations. Smokers wouldn't buy/rent in one of these dwellings.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now, now. Maybe he's desparately trying to cut down and this is his one or two. I knew many female smokers who never went back after children, in fact all of them.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe poor Chris is trying to grab his last ciggie or two before Madde bans him to the balcony!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Maybe poor Chris is trying to grab his last ciggie or two before Madde bans him to the balcony!
Yes, it's cold out there in February. Brrrrr.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bunte has checked what would happen with the child if Madeleine and Chris should separate one day.
Madeleine von Schweden Neuer Ärger wegen USA-Geburt! BUNTE.de
Translation
Old 02-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Madeleine's family travels to New York before birth
Prinsesse Madeleines familie rejser til New York før fødslen | Billed Bladet

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...edslen&act=url
Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergstrom becomes a father - hellomagazine.com

Jonas became a father to a baby girl on 13 February 2014!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I would think that this article is more suited to the "Royals Ex Partner's Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Bunte has checked what would happen with the child if Madeleine and Chris should separate one day.
Madeleine von Schweden Neuer Ärger wegen USA-Geburt! BUNTE.de
Translation
The couple haven't been married for very long and Bunte is already speculating about what will happen if they separate...

NB: I know the article wasn't speculating about a separation, but I just think it seems a bit strange to guess at these sorts of things at the start of Madeleine and Chris's marriage and parenthood.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a terrible magazine, I thought the DM was bad! Real trash!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, that's pretty lurid. Let's just plan the funeral before the person is dead.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Nobility

The Brit royals do that. Didn't they use the funeral plans for the queen mother, for Diana?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL, I was speaking metaphorically. The press is projecting a doomsday scenario for Chris and Madde when they're at the start of their marriage and expecting a child and basically looking at possible prospects for the failure of their relationship.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yep, The Queen Mother helped plan her own funeral. I'm sure there are already funerals planned for HM, Prince Philip, Charles, Camilla, and others. They are big, public, events, with huge guest lists, and can't be thrown together in a few days after a death. And details of what is to happen in the event of separation are nutted out before the marriage. I suspect there are formal documents in the nature of a 'pre-nup' drawn up before all royal marriages. I remember that being discussed when Mary and Frederik were married. It doesn't surprise me that this is being discussed in the press now about Madeleine and Chris.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is simply necessary protocol to have funeral arrangement and guest list up to date for any head of state or royalty. The staff at Washington DC cathedral is prepared for a funeral for a former or sitting president at all times. There is simply not enough time to put a guest list together in a few days if the unthinkable were to happen.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I would think that this article is more suited to the "Royals Ex Partner's Thread.

The couple haven't been married for very long and Bunte is already speculating about what will happen if they separate...
I am pretty sure that the Swedish court has gone through the same scenario more than once since it cannot be taken caren of by contract when children are involved.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Madeleine's baby
The court's secret preparations
SDT1409_

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine