The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Nobility

How the birth of Princess Madeleine's baby will be announced - hellomagazine.com

Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall says according to their sources queen Silvia will go to New York to be with Madeleine and Chris when the baby will be born. The king will attend at the cabinet meeting and tell to the government the name and title. The queen will of course not attend at Te Deum which is held in couple of weeks after the birth.
Hovet avslöjar allt om Maddes förlossning Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Aftonbladet's royal blogger and expert Roger Lundgren thinks that the Statement of witness will now be done by the Ambassador of Sweden in USA.
Madeleine's baby will become HRH Princess X of Sweden, Duchess of X. About Te Deum he says that it is also an old tradition. Will be exciting to see which of the family who will be a part of it because he expects that The Queen will be in the United States and support the princess when she will give birth.
Mer info gällande Madeleines baby « KUNGLIGT – bakom kulissen med Roger Lundgren[/QUOTE]

I think that this whole pomp and circumstances, after the Princess is giving birth overseas, feels a bit out of place and might raise once again many negative comments.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

So it's confirmed now that the baby will have a title? Or I should say "titles," since she'll be a princess and a duchess.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I had the same question. The royal website simply says the king will announce the names and titles.
PS I received jewelry on the birth of each of our sons, but that awful name hadn't been coined yet. It certainly isn't a "tradition" here, just another excuse to give a gift, like Valentines Day.

We, for example, didn't exchange jewelry gifts when we got married (besdes rings!) which apparently is a bridal tradition.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

The name push present was made up for some actress who had a baby and received expensive jewelry the name stuck.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

There are speculations in swedish media today that the King, the Crown Princess, Daniel and Estelle will travel to New York too
Old 02-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The queen told go Aftonbladet that she is going to USA and wants to be there when the child will be born: It is so exciting! Cross your fingers! The baby is due on 25th but one never knows if the queen will get there in time, it is only the baby who decides. Aftonbladet's royal expert Roger Lundgren thinks that both the queen and king will go to USA since their calendar is quite empty. But the king didn't want to comment about the future birth.
Silvia åker till New York inför födseln Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 02-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Yes, I had the same question. The royal website simply says the king will announce the names and titles.

Could also just mean the title "Miss O'Neill"
HH Princess of Bernadotte would be nice imo.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The queen told go Aftonbladet that she is going to USA and wants to be there when the child will be born: It is so exciting! Cross your fingers! The baby is due on 25th but one never knows if the queen will get there in time, it is only the baby who decides. Aftonbladet's royal expert Roger Lundgren thinks that both the queen and king will go to USA since their calendar is quite empty. But the king didn't want to comment about the future birth.
Silvia åker till New York inför födseln Nyheter Aftonbladet
Well, with this spate of non-stop winter weather the East Coast has been experiencing, I hope any of the Royal Family who's coming to New York will get here in time for the birth. Let's see, they're predicting milder temperatures for next week, so that might be a good window of opportunity for travel!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Who knows Madeleine's baby may not be born until early March? It is a possibility.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Well, with this spate of non-stop winter weather the East Coast has been experiencing, I hope any of the Royal Family who's coming to New York will get here in time for the birth. Let's see, they're predicting milder temperatures for next week, so that might be a good window of opportunity for travel!
Yes, it's bee nothing but snow, snow, snow for the East Coast. Good thing they're from Sweden, they'll be used to it.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Who knows Madeleine's baby may not be born until early March? It is a possibility.

More first babies are late rather than early.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Of course it is a possibility but I would think that queen Silvia goes to the States next week. She doesn't have anything in her agenda before March 13 after she returns from Sochi tomorrow. The king has a work event on February 18 and Victoria three events next week, last on February 20.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has new photos of Madeleine walking with Chris (who is smoking) in snowy New York. They went to a cafe. Expressen tells that now when Madeleine is close to giving birth, she has during the last weeks worked less than before and spent a lot of time at their new home. Even Chris seems to have had a lot of free time. Madeleine has also been walking alone and one day she spent an afternoon at a beauty salon specialized in nail care.
According to Expressen the couple bought a spacious apartment on one of Manhattan's most exclusive addresses. The home is described as a luxury complex with gym, wine cellar and roof terrace. The lobby has personal around the clock and the staff helps the residents with practically everything. In addition there is a communal wine cellar, a fitness center, a library that looks to be taken from an interior design magazine and a large furnished roof terrace at the top of the building where residents can gather around a fireplace.
Så här blir Madeleines nya babyliv i New York Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation
Old 02-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

its disappointing that Chris doesnt stop smoking to support his wife. nyc is such a hostile place for smokers anyway, he must he really addicted. i wonder what happens after the birth, if Madde starts smoking again.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Funny that Chris is not holding onto his wife while she walks. NYC sidewalks are very poorly cleared and slippery, I was there last week. And, my pregnant niece slipped and fell that same day in NJ. (she and baby just born are fine!)
Also, it is standard for even middling Manhattan apts to have round the clock doormen and supers.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Maybe she doesn't want him to hold her because she feels safer with her arms and hands free? Remembering my last few pregnancy weeks (thankfully in june) I'm sure I wouldn't have wanted to be held.

I'm so curious if there will be two princesses with the same birthday in Sweden soon.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
its disappointing that Chris doesnt stop smoking to support his wife. nyc is such a hostile place for smokers anyway, he must he really addicted. i wonder what happens after the birth, if Madde starts smoking again.
Duke: Anyone in the US that still smokes is really addicted - it's no longer easy or cool to smoke. Sadly, the cigarette companies manipulated the nicotine levels to their advantage.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I hope, that Chris will no longer smoke in their appartment, when the Child is Born..... hopefully he will be banned on the balcony, ah sorry, the TERRACE
Bye Bine
Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Only someone with Chris's wealth CAN afford to still smoke in NYC. But I'll bet he drives out to Costco on New Jersey to stock up.

It has been a terrible, icy winter up in New York (and much of the eastern half of the country) and I can only say I am so glad that I am not pregnant this winter!

Late February is a great time to have a child in New York. Very soon spring moves in and she can spend hours wheeling her infant around town. If your baby is born months earlier, you are often stuck indoors with the infant all winter, and that's just pure torture.

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine