The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

And what about the duchy of Uppland? It is near Gästrikland and could also be a possibility!

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm on team Uppland as well. I'm quite certain that Dalarna will go to Carl Philip's firstborn and I think that Medelpad is too small and it speaks against that it has never been a royal duchy. I think a future child of Victoria and Daniel will get Halland or Småland.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Madeleine of Sweden and is in the final stages of her pregnancy
Magdalena de Suecia ya se encuentra en la recta final de su embarazo

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...azo%2F&act=url
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Madeleine: Her pregnancy comes to an end peacefully in New York
Princesse Madeleine : Sa grossesse touche à son terme, paisiblement à New York

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...99%2F1&act=url
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Does this mean she has had the baby then? What is the latest?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Does this mean she has had the baby then? What is the latest?
I think it's a bad translation.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Oh o.k. I got a little excited there. Darn. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish gossip press this week:

Hänt Extra "Concern grows Madeleine's panic before delivery"
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

Stoppa pressarna writes that Madeleine and Chris have booked the luxurious New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell hospital for their delivery, but Madeleine herself was born home at the Drottningholm Palace. Victoria was born at the Karolinska Hospital, and she and Daniel chose it also for Estelle. Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning, that the staff of the hospital have told that Victoria was very determined that she wanted to be treated like all the mothers and got cheese sandwiches and tea after Estelle was born.
Madeleine, så var din egen födsel! Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Last week Svensk Damtidning speculated that Chris would have bought a "push-present" for Madeleine, this present is very important in USA and international circles.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Last week Svensk Damtidning speculated that Chris would have bought a "push-present" for Madeleine, this present is very important in USA and international circles.
it remains to be seen if she pushes or if she is 'too posh to push', its quite common to have a scheduled c-section these days.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has put more information about the birth of Madeleine's child to their website.
Information on the occasion of a royal birth - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall says according to their sources queen Silvia will go to New York to be with Madeleine and Chris when the baby will be born. The king will attend at the cabinet meeting and tell to the government the name and title. The queen will of course not attend at Te Deum which is held in couple of weeks after the birth.
Hovet avslöjar allt om Maddes förlossning Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Aftonbladet's royal blogger and expert Roger Lundgren thinks that the Statement of witness will now be done by the Ambassador of Sweden in USA.
Madeleine's baby will become HRH Princess X of Sweden, Duchess of X. About Te Deum he says that it is also an old tradition. Will be exciting to see which of the family who will be a part of it because he expects that The Queen will be in the United States and support the princess when she will give birth.
Mer info gällande Madeleines baby « KUNGLIGT – bakom kulissen med Roger Lundgren
Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Swedish gossip press this week:

Hänt Extra "Concern grows Madeleine's panic before delivery"
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

Stoppa pressarna writes that Madeleine and Chris have booked the luxurious New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell hospital for their delivery, but Madeleine herself was born home at the Drottningholm Palace. Victoria was born at the Karolinska Hospital, and she and Daniel chose it also for Estelle. Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning, that the staff of the hospital have told that Victoria was very determined that she wanted to be treated like all the mothers and got cheese sandwiches and tea after Estelle was born.
Madeleine, så var din egen födsel! Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Why not a tiara/necklace, it can the be given to the little princess, it seems there will be a title
Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine thanks fans for well-wishes during pregnancy as countdown begins - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Majesty

a push present? i never heard of that. :) sounds fun. so what are common push presents then? a piece of jewelery? something for the baby? or maybe there´s no rules and it's just something the mother wants?

i can't wait to hear about the birth and get to know the name of the baby, and whether she will receive a title.

i didn't know madeleine was born at the palace. how interesting, considering victoria was born in the hospital. is there any obvious reason for the king and queen to change their minds? personal preference maybe, but considering victoria was the heir they preferred to deliver her at hospital?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

"Push presents" are not an important tradition here and that term is mostly a silly tabloid concept.

Yes, it makes sense for a woman to get a gift celebrating the birth of a new child, and that's perfectly nice, but the moniker has always irritated me a bit.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
"Push presents" are not an important tradition here and that term is mostly a silly tabloid concept.

Yes, it makes sense for a woman to get a gift celebrating the birth of a new child, and that's perfectly nice, but the moniker has always irritated me a bit.
Agreed. Not American at least not on my side. Nice idea though but could do with a different "name".

I am glad that they decided to have the baby in NYC--the weather this year has been anything but predictable. With the unpredictability of babies along with the crazy weather we are having on this side of the pond right now--another big storm heading their way this weekend. At least Chris is going to be on the same side of the ocean when the time comes. Would have been awful if he couldn't have made it to Sweden in time for the birth due to "Mother Nature".
Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

I think queen Silvia will fly to New York to be there for M&C for the birth.

Her calendar shows no engagements between Feb 16 and March 13.

Also Victoria's calendar is freed up for quite a number of days.

These are exciting times!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I know many a person who is insistent on a "push prezzie." Al of them fit the same mold: high maintenance, and usually demanded of husbands/partners who don't have Chris' money.

It's not a "tradition" here. It's more a "Real Housewives" concept.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Madeleine has published a new pic of her in her fb page to say thank you to everyone who "sent her positive energy for her pregnacy!" :-)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
I think this must be old though. I doubt she looks like that now that there are just a couple of weeks to go! :-D
Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

she looks lovely on that picutre I adore her knitted coat
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is nothing wrong with a husband buying his wife something for the birth of their baby. My friend from Italy has gotten amazing jewels from her husband mother and mother in law for her 3 children. She said its very common there also.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine