The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 01-21-2014, 12:06 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
What perplexes me about this whole thing isn't that Madeleine wants to pick and choose when she is a Princess - she seems to have the support of her family, and as she's not the heir I can't see any problem with it - but rather the idea that this child might be given a title. If we had any real reason to believe that the family was going to return to Sweden and take up more of an official role - and that this daughter would likewise one day fulfil an official role - I would get it. But we don't have any indication of that. Chris made it clear that he didn't want a title when he got married, and they've since made it clear that they aren't going to be full time royals, with Madeleine only acting as such while in Sweden. So I don't get why they would then want a title for their daughter.
My question is:

Do they really want their child to have a title?

Or, is it just people taking their lead from the media and making a 12 course Banquet of the notion that they do. Has anyone seen an interview, read a reputable article, or has the Palace stated, that Chris and Madeleine want their child to have a Swedish title.

Or, is it just that we don't know but boy is the supposition/prediction/allegation/suspicion selling papers and filling up acrimonious pages of royal forums such as ours.

In short, are we just spinning our wheels and burning a ***t load of rubber?
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #462  
Old 01-21-2014, 12:27 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
My question is:

Do they really want their child to have a title?

Or, is it just people taking their lead from the media and making a 12 course Banquet of the notion that they do. Has anyone seen an interview, read a reputable article, or has the Palace stated, that Chris and Madeleine want their child to have a Swedish title.

Or, is it just that we don't know but boy is the supposition/prediction/allegation/suspicion selling papers and filling up acrimonious pages of royal forums such as ours.

In short, are we just spinning our wheels and burning a ***t load of rubber?
No, Madeleine and Chris haven't said that they want their child to have a title. But Madeleine has stated many times that she wants to keep her title and represent Sweden as the Princess of Sweden, so that makes me think that she wants a title for her daughter, and she wants to have the cake and eat it. And keeping herself the title would also give her a safe future if something goes wrong at the marriage.
And I still say that it is very stupid from the king's solicitor to tell to a swedish magazine already in September that the child will be a prince/princess and a HRH as a decided case, if that wasn't talked about at all.

About Madeleine and Chris having children so soon: After the engagement the swedish press wrote that all Madeleine's friends knew that she has wanted children for so many years and that they were certain that Madeleine and Chris would start a family right away.
__________________

__________________
  #463  
Old 01-21-2014, 04:07 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
About Madeleine and Chris having children so soon: After the engagement the swedish press wrote that all Madeleine's friends knew that she has wanted children for so many years and that they were certain that Madeleine and Chris would start a family right away.
Exactly, I personally think that Madde tried to get pregnant straight away, possibly even prior to their marriage, and that there were never plans to give birth in Sweden, let alone live in Sweden. No, I think that the intention has always been, since getting seriously involved with Chris, to stay in New York, be Mrs O'Neill in private (the choice is by Madeleine, of course) and be Princess Madeleine when attending events in Sweden or when attending social functions with her MIL. It would only fit the picture if Madeleine's daughter would become an HRH since Madeleine herself doesnt seem to get what is so controversial about this attitude. Instead of realising the problem, she seems to be 'disappointed' or 'offended' by critizism or 'media intrusion'.
__________________
  #464  
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
About Madeleine and Chris having children so soon: After the engagement the swedish press wrote that all Madeleine's friends knew that she has wanted children for so many years and that they were certain that Madeleine and Chris would start a family right away.
But in the interview given to a Swedish magazine after the marriage, Madeleine told that she would like to have some free time and only after that to start a family. While Chris told nearly the opposite.
  #465  
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
(snip) I think that the intention has always been, since getting seriously involved with Chris, to stay in New York, be Mrs O'Neill in private (the choice is by Madeleine, of course) and be Princess Madeleine when attending events in Sweden or when attending social functions with her MIL. It would only fit the picture if Madeleine's daughter would become an HRH since Madeleine herself doesnt seem to get what is so controversial about this attitude. Instead of realising the problem, she seems to be 'disappointed' or 'offended' by critizism or 'media intrusion'.
So..............she wants to have her cake and eat it, too.
__________________
  #466  
Old 01-21-2014, 04:59 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
But in the interview given to a Swedish magazine after the marriage, Madeleine told that she would like to have some free time and only after that to start a family. While Chris told nearly the opposite.
Bet they won't make that mistake again. In future they'll make sure they get their stories straight.
__________________
  #467  
Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
For a close comparison, Prince Constanjin of the Netherlands, WA youngest brother's children were created counts and countesses by royal decree by Q Beatrix. They have been living in Brussells for quite some time and were in the succession until Beatrix abdicated.
The children of Prince Constantin are still in the line of succession. But since the abdication of their grandmother they are not members of the Royal House anymore.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

  #468  
Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 PM
SwissRoyal's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Luzern, Switzerland
Posts: 90
Too bad no more pictures of M&C show up in the media. I liked those non-posed spontaneous pictures where they actually are very cosy with each other.
Much better than the posed 'look at me working a normal office job' pics that she posts on Facebook.

In the absence of real news, maybe some speculation on pics that would be worth a lot of money to the pabs ;-):

- Chris carrying Zorro in the NYC snowstorm
- Chris rubbing Maddie's baby belly
- C&M taking a walk with baby in a fashionable stroller (news alert: what brand does she pick?)
- Chris with baby in a baby sling (now that would be one sweet pic)
- ???
__________________
  #469  
Old 01-22-2014, 09:27 PM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
- C&M taking a walk with baby in a fashionable stroller (news alert: what brand does she pick?
Carolina Herrera My nieces had that pushchair and it is lovely! Perfect for a little princess
__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #470  
Old 01-22-2014, 10:34 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Too bad no more pictures of M&C show up in the media. I liked those non-posed spontaneous pictures where they actually are very cosy with each other.
Much better than the posed 'look at me working a normal office job' pics that she posts on Facebook.

In the absence of real news, maybe some speculation on pics that would be worth a lot of money to the pabs ;-):

- Chris carrying Zorro in the NYC snowstorm
- Chris rubbing Maddie's baby belly
- C&M taking a walk with baby in a fashionable stroller (news alert: what brand does she pick?)
- Chris with baby in a baby sling (now that would be one sweet pic)
- ???
Her baby registry is online so we can all see now what she picked.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #471  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,729
On the cover of Expressen Ectra

The super-exclusive maternity clinic
Here Madeleine can deliver in luxury
Gourmet dishes - own butler - the view
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandl...t=secondColumn

An article about the luxurious hospitals, among them New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, which according to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has chosen.
Chefs, Butlers and Marble Baths - Not Your Average Hospital Room - NYTimes.com
__________________
  #472  
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM
SwissRoyal's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Luzern, Switzerland
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Her baby registry is online so we can all see now what she picked.

Is it still online? I thought they deleted it right after it came out
__________________
  #473  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 PM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Is it still online? I thought they deleted it right after it came out
They did
__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #474  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On the cover of Expressen Ectra

The super-exclusive maternity clinic
Here Madeleine can deliver in luxury
Gourmet dishes - own butler - the view
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandl...t=secondColumn

An article about the luxurious hospitals, among them New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, which according to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has chosen.
Chefs, Butlers and Marble Baths - Not Your Average Hospital Room - NYTimes.com
New York/Cornell is to New Yorkers what Cedars-Sinai and St. John's is to Los Angeles... both super posh, prestigious hospitals.

I once spent four days at Cedar's suffering from a serious bout with the flu. My modest room had deep, thick carpets, TV and dvd/vcr,a large private bathroom and views of the Hollywood Hills.

I can only imagine what the suites for the non-commoners were like!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
  #475  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Noble Consort Ming's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, United States
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
The baby will also be born a swedish citizen (because of the swedish mother) and thus could use a title if a title is given to her.
Well, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Naturalized US citizens who don't give up their original citizenship are still required to give up their titles. And I can't think of anyone with a foreign title who was born an American citizen(I was trying to actually research this and didn't get anywhere).
__________________
How can I dislike the Vasas for running my country when their babies are so cute!
  #476  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On the cover of Expressen Ectra

The super-exclusive maternity clinic
Here Madeleine can deliver in luxury
Gourmet dishes - own butler - the view
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandl...t=secondColumn

An article about the luxurious hospitals, among them New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, which according to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine has chosen.
Chefs, Butlers and Marble Baths - Not Your Average Hospital Room - NYTimes.com
Lots of hospitals in the U.S. now have fabulous amenities.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #477  
Old 01-28-2014, 09:44 AM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Princess Madeleine's pregnant journey
Prinsessan Madeleines gravidresa | Svensk Damtidning

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...esa%2F&act=url
__________________
  #478  
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM
MoonShadow123's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ..., United Kingdom
Posts: 230
Princess Madeleine's pregnant outfits - hellomagazine.com
__________________
  #479  
Old 01-30-2014, 03:30 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,729
Svensk Damtidning speculates about which duchy the king gives to Madeleine's daughter. The king had a duchy close to his father's duchy, and Estelle's duchy is close to Victoria's. If the same goes for Madeleine's daughter, Dalarna (Dalecarlia) could be the choice. And also Medelpad has border with Madeleine's duchy. And of course Öland is close to Madeleine's heart as she spends her summers there. The last duke of Öland was Carl X Gustaf (1622-1660).
Ulrika Näsholm from the press department says that it is the king who decides the duchies.
__________________
  #480  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 544
I don't think it would be Dalarna if the little one really get's a duchy. Dalarna has also borders to Värmland which is Carl Philips duchy. And by speculating into the future I think it's nicer that a child of him and Sofia - who grew up in Dalarna - becomes a Duke or Duchess of Dalarna.
__________________

__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Madeleine & Chris: Best Dressed Guest Poll JessRulz Wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill: June 8th 2013 18 06-07-2014 05:15 PM
General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Ansgar Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 250 04-24-2014 10:04 PM
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill, Current Events Part 1: December 2012 - JessRulz Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 500 04-13-2014 05:47 AM
Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill; October 25, 2012 Elektra Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 337 04-26-2013 02:27 PM
Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012 Catharina Current Events Archive 486 10-25-2012 08:52 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]