Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the happy couple!!!

Do you think the child will be in the line of succession? The Constitution states that the child would have to be Protestant and raised in Sweden in order to have succession rights, but the couple currently reside abroad, right? Furthermore, the father is Roman Catholic; is he likely to agree to a Protestant upbringing of his children?

I think they will move back to Sweden in winter, and their children will be in the line of succession. They won't have a title, just boy/girl O'Neill and will be raised Protestant.

I guess their children will have royal godparents.

Do you think the child will be in the line of succession? The Constitution states that the child would have to be Protestant and raised in Sweden in order to have succession rights, but the couple currently reside abroad, right? Furthermore, the father is Roman Catholic; is he likely to agree to a Protestant upbringing of his children?

On the question of religion, I do think that the child will be brought up as a protestant. As far as I know, Chris isn't a very devout catholic (like some of the belgian Royals, for example). The marriage was also a protestant one. They didn't even have a catholic priest attending and assisting (which is possible here if you ask for it).

The question of where the child is raised could possibly be a trickier one. We'll have to wait and see. My guess is that they will move to Sweden eventuall, but perhaps not until a couple of years from now.

Yay my favorite princess is pregnant! So happy for them!

I doubt it very much, that they move to Sweden; and I'm sure they give a damn if their children are in line or not....

Congratulations to the couple, that's wonderful news! :flowers:

Wow, that was quick ;):p - congrats to the happy couple!

:wub::wub:

BYe Bine

Congratulation to the couple. Madeilene must be pregnant on her wedding day. Knowing how beautiful relationship she has with Estelle I am sure she will be perfect mum.

All those discussions about the fact that child must be raised up in Sweden are interesting. I did not know this. And I am curious if he or she will be in line of succession.

Congratulation to the couple. Madeilene must be pregnant on her wedding day. Knowing how beautiful relationship she has with Estelle I am sure she will be perfect mum.

All those discussions about the fact that child must be raised up in Sweden are interesting. I did not know this. And I am curious if he or she will be in line of succession.

Madeleine was still seen smoking on her wedding day, I am curious if she will ditch this habit now.

I dont think they will raise their children in Sweden. She might give birth in Sweden though, not sure. If they are clever they wont allow the kid to be in line of succession.

That's a great news! I'm so happy for them! Now I'd love to see Victoria having a second baby! :D

Now I await the pictures of Estelle and baby cousin!

Really great news! I think she was already pregnant at the wedding, but probably they didn't know yet.
A cousin for princess Estelle! It would be great if Victoria and Madeleine were pregnant at the same time. (I'm expecting an announcement for Victoria each day actually.)

I wasn't surprised that an announcement was made. I did think she would get pregnant right away. Im happy for her and hope she has a good pregnancy.

I am just the opposite, I was sure she and Chris would not become parents for a few years at least!

This is quite a surprise for me, and very happy news for the newlyweds and the Swedish Royal Family!:flowers:

Congratulations to the Happy Couple,I had thought we'd hear about Victoria's second pregnancy first!

I am not surprised either; Chris will turn 40 in nine months, Madeleine is 31...

Congrats to them and future grandparents uncle and aunts! :bunny::swedenflag2::baby::duckie::hug::rose2::rose2::fireworks:

This is great news! Very happy for them.

Will the child be born a Royal Highness and prince/ss?

I read that unlike her aunts, she is still HRH Princess of Sweden, so the King could give the child a title if he wants. The child could also be just O´Neill.

I think the baby will be a duke/duchess or something. And also not a Royal Highness, probably just a 'Highness'. So for example, His Highness the Duke of ... or Her Highness the Duchess of ... I don't know if this is possible in Sweden as well...

Very very happy to ear these news. Congratulations to the couple

YAAAY!!! Lovely new! So delighted for them - congrats to the newlyweds!!!

was certain they'd wait a while, I am very surprised

congratulations :p

It's wise when older parents conceive right away. I think Guillaume and Stephanie should do the same. Stephanie is nearly thirty. Still young, but it's wise to have babies when young, if all is prepared for a good home. When I was pregnant at twenty-nine, the young girls in my pre-birth class wondered if I was "afraid" to have a baby at such an old age. Things have changed, twenty-nine is still young today, but still, mother nature has her schedule, which trumps our human designs.

I don't think the baby will have any title at all. But it would still be in the line of succession.

I don't think the baby will have any title at all. But it would still be in the line of succession.
I agree. I believe they will take the route Princess Christina took. No titles or HRH or HH. Just O'Neil.

Wow, they didn't waste any time!

Congrats to Madeleine and Chris!

Is this the shortest time between wedding and pregancy announcement?

congratulations to the couple1 and yes they didn't loose anytime!
now are they living in new York? so where the baby will born?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom