The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful news. Congratulation to the couple and to the Swedish royal family.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

wow, so quick! i heard of some parents trying for a baby for such a long time before they were pregnant, and it seems that clearly it wasn't a problem for madeleine and chris. one lucky couple!

it's great news, congrats!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Courtier

It was so quick! Madeleine and Chris are going to have a honeymoon baby just like my husband and I did
Old 09-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Congrats to Madeleine & Chris on their expecting news. That didn't take long.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That was quick! Honeymoon baby?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely to hear ! They are right not to wait too much
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Serene Highness

I'm very excited for them! I was just thinking about it few days ago... She got pregnant so soon! Maybe they wanted to hurry up! (Chris is almost 40)...
I think she got pregnant around her wedding time. Maybe the day of the ceremony she was already expecting! :hugesmile:
It would be wonderful the baby to be born the same day of estelle! She was due in early march too! :)
Fri the chinese calendar: baby girl... but I'll wait to see the belly
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Madeleine expecting first baby with Christopher O'Neill - hellomagazine.com

Maybe Madeleine got pregnant on her honeymoon?! Wonderful news.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Congratulation to the couple :-) I am happy to see a cousin for Estelle

I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Nobility

this is splendid news! im thrilled for the whole family!.....i know that its too early to mention this, and that it is the king who has the final say, and that the kid/s must be brought up in sweden, but i wonder if the child will be made and HRH, or given a dukedom or some kind of aristocratic title, or will be just mr/ms
Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the happy couple!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Do you think the child will be in the line of succession? The Constitution states that the child would have to be Protestant and raised in Sweden in order to have succession rights, but the couple currently reside abroad, right? Furthermore, the father is Roman Catholic; is he likely to agree to a Protestant upbringing of his children?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they will move back to Sweden in winter, and their children will be in the line of succession. They won't have a title, just boy/girl O'Neill and will be raised Protestant.

I guess their children will have royal godparents.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post
Do you think the child will be in the line of succession? The Constitution states that the child would have to be Protestant and raised in Sweden in order to have succession rights, but the couple currently reside abroad, right? Furthermore, the father is Roman Catholic; is he likely to agree to a Protestant upbringing of his children?
On the question of religion, I do think that the child will be brought up as a protestant. As far as I know, Chris isn't a very devout catholic (like some of the belgian Royals, for example). The marriage was also a protestant one. They didn't even have a catholic priest attending and assisting (which is possible here if you ask for it).

The question of where the child is raised could possibly be a trickier one. We'll have to wait and see. My guess is that they will move to Sweden eventuall, but perhaps not until a couple of years from now.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yay my favorite princess is pregnant! So happy for them!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Nobility

I doubt it very much, that they move to Sweden; and I'm sure they give a damn if their children are in line or not....
Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the couple, that's wonderful news!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Wow, that was quick - congrats to the happy couple!

BYe Bine
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Nobility

Congratulation to the couple. Madeilene must be pregnant on her wedding day. Knowing how beautiful relationship she has with Estelle I am sure she will be perfect mum.

All those discussions about the fact that child must be raised up in Sweden are interesting. I did not know this. And I am curious if he or she will be in line of succession.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
Congratulation to the couple. Madeilene must be pregnant on her wedding day. Knowing how beautiful relationship she has with Estelle I am sure she will be perfect mum.

All those discussions about the fact that child must be raised up in Sweden are interesting. I did not know this. And I am curious if he or she will be in line of succession.
Madeleine was still seen smoking on her wedding day, I am curious if she will ditch this habit now.

I dont think they will raise their children in Sweden. She might give birth in Sweden though, not sure. If they are clever they wont allow the kid to be in line of succession.

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine