The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
True, but that was before women had equal succession rights as men,
for example Victoria and Madeleine are both duchesses in their own right, but their aunts, the kings sisters were never given dukedoms, even when they were still HRH's, because of male promigeniture, yet the current king was made duke of jamtland at birth......so im guessing should this child be made an HRH she would be made a duchess, just like Princess Estelle, because that's how things are usually done in sweden, with people in the line of succession
I think a better solution for this child and also for Carl Philip's eventuell future children would be to make them only Highness like in Denmark and not Royal Highness if they would have them to have Titles.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

So it is confirmed? A daughter for Madeleine?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
So it is confirmed? A daughter for Madeleine?
Yes, the Deputy Director of the Information and Press Department, Annika Sönnerberg, confirmed it to Svensk Damtidning, which was behind the scoop that it will be a girl.

And Annika Sönnerberg has told to Aftonbladet that they will ll get back to details and further information, particularly where the birth will take place.
She states that the birth is expected at the end of February or early March.
Madeleine bekräftar Det blir en flicka Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Google Çeviri
Old 11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Commoner

According to Swedish magazine Svensk Damtidning Madeleine is set to give birth to a daughter on February 25th 2014.

The magazine claims the princess has registered with US-based website Buy Buy Baby ahead of a planned baby shower.

Madeleine avslöjar barnets kön och när det kommer | Svensk Damtidning
Old 11-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Did Madeleine will give the Silvia name the baby?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Did Madeleine will give the Silvia name the baby?
Who knows.

I do think the first name of the little girl will be Lilian, in honor of the late Princess Lilian.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

I agree about Lilian. Silvia may be one the middle names though.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

a honour to lilian would be great, although i don't think that will be the first name, but one of the other names they choose.

i'm surprised on the other hand they have confirmed the gender of the baby - as far as i remember, they didn't do it with victoria. wonder why they felt the need to confirm it for madeleine.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness

It's great she's having a girl. I'm all for a female take over in this family ala in the Dutch one.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
a honour to lilian would be great, although i don't think that will be the first name, but one of the other names they choose. i'm surprised on the other hand they have confirmed the gender of the baby - as far as i remember, they didn't do it with victoria. wonder why they felt the need to confirm it for madeleine.
i believe they confirmed she was having a girl,because she registered on a baby shower website as having a girl.and the press found out so with the preverbal "cat out of the bag " they had to confirm the gender
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Courtier

I knew she was having a girl! Wonderful news! Just luck! ( I've got it right twice! Duchess of cambridge and now P. Madeleine!:-) )
Old 11-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall said yesterday in Expressen's live-TV Primetime that he thinks it looks now that Madeleine is giving birth in New York.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall said yesterday in Expressen's live-TV Primetime that he thinks it looks now that Madeleine is giving birth in New York.
If that's true, I hope her children aren't titled.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
If that's true, I hope her children aren't titled.
Ohh..this sounds like the kid is being punished for not being born on Swedish soil..
The titles issue should be decided not keeping in mind the place of birth, but a long-term plan regarding the future role/expectations from the couple and their kids..
Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

In general, I find it ridiculous that children that are not from the family of the heir/ess to the throne should become HRH's.

In Madeleine's case, its the well known cake issue, wanting it all. Its her right to give birth in New York, live there, have her child titled etc. But she will have to live with constant critizsm as she has only shown little understanding towards this issue imo (giving private interviews, posting private pics on twitter but complaining at the same time etc) but that's her decision. I am pretty sure Madde will point towards the press when she becomes unhappy, never take a realistic look at herself in this situation. There is no doubt that wanting it both ways will result in herself and her family suffering, but everything has its price.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
In general, I find it ridiculous that children that are not from the family of the heir/ess to the throne should become HRH's.

In Madeleine's case, its the well known cake issue, wanting it all. Its her right to give birth in New York, live there, have her child titled etc. But she will have to live with constant critizsm as she has only shown little understanding towards this issue imo (giving private interviews, posting private pics on twitter but complaining at the same time etc) but that's her decision. I am pretty sure Madde will point towards the press when she becomes unhappy, never take a realistic look at herself in this situation. There is no doubt that wanting it both ways will result in herself and her family suffering, but everything has its price.
Agreed 100%. Should be interesting to see how all of this unfolds in the future.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

To already know the sex of the baby has taken out all the pleasure of waiting for me !
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Ohh..this sounds like the kid is being punished for not being born on Swedish soil.. The titles issue should be decided not keeping in mind the place of birth, but a long-term plan regarding the future role/expectations from the couple and their kids..
I don't think it's punishment- if not being titled was a punishment, we were all punished at birth! I think it's that a a royal title comes with certain obligations and responsibilities, not on this baby's part but on Madeleine's. If she wants her child to help represent Sweden; then she needs to plan accordingly. If she doesn't- well, her family can live happily ever after in New York, just not with royal titles.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine, as a Princess, has grown up knowing the rules. So no surprises for her regarding the place of birth/titles debate.

Why anyone would think to change the rules for her is strange to me. She hasn't asked for them to be changed (or we would know about it). IT looks like a case of onlookers caring more than the participants.

That said - if you wanted a really secure monarchy, then having at least 2 potential heirs for the future is a good thing. I'm being practical here, no emotional involvement at all. No sign of a sibling for Estelle yet; Carl's future state as husband and father still undecided. So Madeleine having her child in Sweden would be a really sound, practical idea. For the sake of the monarchy, not Madeleine.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine