The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Madeleine strikes me as very conscious about status & title. I can sense the drama, she wants a title for her child but wants to live with her family as private people at the same time. You cant have everything but if you try to, you'll have to accept critizism.

It would be healthier for the family for the kid to have no title and live as they please.
From all of the photographic evidence I find that Madde and Chris absolutely HATE the intrusion into their private lives. I can only see this as a point of contention between the two when the child/children's lives are really invaded. I think that the paps following a pregnant Madde all around NY was more than they bargained for. And if the child is an HRH, that will only increase the attention of the tabloids.

Does she really want all of the invasion of privacy for her child? Not only does she want to have her cake and eat it too here, but it seems downright contradictory on her part - she does not want the press attention, the drama, so she does things that ensure that there will be even more of it? Doesn't make sense to me.

But I'll bet that the Swedish press is thrilled that the child has a title.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Gentry

I think,... how ever Madde and Chris will decide, the Yellow Press is going to eat them alive. You can't be everybody's darling.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Sensation
Madeleine tells herself
We are having a daughter
The real due date
The reveiling document
The princess's society doctor
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...a2#/299658a2/1

Edit: Stoppa pressarna web magazine quotes the story of Svensk Damtidning. Madeleine has registered to website BuyBaby and made a wish list for babyshower. For the gender she has written: It's a girl and to the due date she wrote 25th February, which is about a week earlier what the court has told
http://stoppapressarna.se/kungligt/p...a-fa-en-flicka
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Majesty

Aftonbladet says this is the list
View Gift Registry - buybuyBaby.com**

photo
Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Gentry

I wonder if it's really theirs. It's only the most important staf on the list, you know, a stroller, car seat etc. I guess the 'smaller things' are already taken so they are off the list.

If her due date is Feburary 25th it means she was pregnant at the wedding
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

I saw this on twitter as well. But honestly though, couldn't anyone have made up that account? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out to be fabricated by journalists and made just to squeeze a story out of nothing.

However, if it is true, it'll be interesting to see whether a spokesperson from the SRF will come out and confirm that she indeed is having a girl or not.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
I wonder if it's really theirs. It's only the most important staf on the list, you know, a stroller, car seat etc. I guess the 'smaller things' are already taken so they are off the list.

If her due date is Feburary 25th it means she was pregnant at the wedding

No, a 40 week pregnancy takes you to about 1 week less than nine months. Few know this. I was given my conception dates by ultrasound techs - they are that good when measuring a baby, and it did not work out to nine months exactly. But if she was pregnant at the wedding, nobody really cares. But I would not be surprised if the court said "early March" to deflect from the conception.

I always had a "gut" that it would be a girl and born very close to Estelle's birthday, whether early, induced, on time. So I tend to think it's true.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

Hey, did anyone see the Sophie Giraffe rubber toy on the registry for 23 bucks?

LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Karen Lennmor, the chief editor of Svensk Damtidning to Expressen: it was research work - no tip - which led to the discovery of the site.
- After that I have had this confirmed by members of Princess Madeleine's circle of friends in New York. Therefore, we say that we believe this is one hundred percent safe.
So there is no chance that someone has created profile in Princess Madeleine's name?
- It is microscopic. Then it had been only someone who put up the page in the hope that we would find it, we've never been tipped off about this but actively sought information ourselves.
The press department of the royal court tells that it did not know about Princess Madeleine registered a wish list.
They also can not dismiss the information as false.
- I do not know these details and I do not know the website, Annika Sönnerberg.
Nu avslöjar Madde könet på barnet Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
No, a 40 week pregnancy takes you to about 1 week less than nine months. Few know this. I was given my conception dates by ultrasound techs - they are that good when measuring a baby, and it did not work out to nine months exactly. But if she was pregnant at the wedding, nobody really cares. But I would not be surprised if the court said "early March" to deflect from the conception.
I must have counted sth wrong!. You give birth 10 months after conception, so here June -> March. I made a mistake in counting and thought she got pregnant in May.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

I've always been saying it's a girl so wait and see
Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you believe the registry thing, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you...
As far at the title, that is the King's decision.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
If you believe the registry thing, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you...
As far at the title, that is the King's decision.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be just something if she has a girl on Feb 25th?
Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since they registered their wedding gifts wish list at an internet website, this wouldn't be so surprising at all. The court should deny it if it is fake.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Since they registered their wedding gifts wish list at an internet website, this wouldn't be so surprising at all. The court should deny it if it is take.
Agreed If it was fake the court would have denied and they didn't
Old 10-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Royal Highness

So here is a woman who wants privacy with her husband and yet registers for the baby on the internet, giving her real name (don't most celebs give a fake one?), giving gender and due date - a due date she must realize will raise a few eyebrows given her March 7 wedding.

I'm beginning to agree that she says one thing with regards to privacy and then does another. Either that or she wants it both ways.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Swedish court has done such a poor job in a the latest scandels in involving the King, CP, that I have no faith in their ability, unlike some other RF.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
The Swedish court has done such a poor job in a the latest scandels in involving the King, CP, that I have no faith in their ability, unlike some other RF.
Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton is only working part time for Prince William, so they could hire him as a consultant! That would be a huge help, considering that I've never thought much of the SRF media/PR department. They say things when they shouldn't and vice versa. If I were Madeleine I'd hire a personal PR firm in NY.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine's pregnancy gynecologist is 42-year-old Ilana Lyn Brownstein. She works also at New York Presbyrerian Hospital. Her office is quite close to Madeleine's and Chris' home. Patients tell that a normal doctor's examination at doctor Brownstein costs 3854 SEK, about 440 euros.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

I agree that the issue is not important, but I am among those who feel she was pregnant at her wedding; yes do you remember some comments on yhis site, made at that time :"her dress did not really fit well at the front" we can now imagine the dress was slightly "adapted", and her face looked tired.

She has some contradictions, she likes to believe she can behave as an ordinary person, and have her privacy respected.

Regarding the cost for the gynecologist, we have to bear in mind, the US health system and costs cannot be compared to most European systems.

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine