The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
It would just be HH
The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning that the child will also be a HRH. We shall see when the child is born. But it would be quite odd if the king's solicitor would say something like this to a swedish magazine if it isn't true.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning that the child will also be a HRH. We shall see when the child is born. But it would be quite odd if the king's solicitor would say something like this to a swedish magazine if it isn't true.
It's said otherwise in the article of Gala. But maybe they madea mistake with the translation. We'll see what is right in march, But to be honest, just HH makes more sense for a royal very far from the future main royal family than HRH. It would be like they practise it in Denmark. Frederiks (crownprince) kids are HRH whereas Joachims (just prince) kids are just HH.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It's said otherwise in the article of Gala. But maybe they madea mistake with the translation. We'll see what is right in march, But to be honest, just HH makes more sense for a royal very far from the future main royal family than HRH. It would be like they practise it in Denmark. Frederiks (crownprince) kids are HRH whereas Joachims (just prince) kids are just HH.
Sweden's royal court is very different from the danish one, children of 4 and 5th in line to throne , have already been granted HRH and Ducal titles in the past and Princess madeleine's children shouldnt be an exception
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Courtier

I didn't know that. But I knwo that Sweden is noch Denmark. It would just make sense to me. That's all I was saying.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I didn't know that. But I knwo that Sweden is noch Denmark. It would just make sense to me. That's all I was saying.
i see what you are saying :) (i hope i didnt come across as arrogant in my previous post, i just wanted to say what has happened in the past just in case some one didnt know)
Old 10-20-2013, 02:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Johan T Lindwall speculates on his video report, that if Madeleine gives birth in New York, it will be at Mount Sinai hospital. Women who give birth there get a suite with a view to Central Park, flat screen TV and room service. Madeleine and Chris have said that they will be in Sweden to plan about where to give birth, but Madeleine hasn't informed yet where the baby will be born. If Madeleine will give birth in Sweden, it would happen at the Karolinska Sjukhuset (where Estelle was born) or at Sophiahemmet, which opens a private maternity ward just in March when the child should be born. At Mount Sinai it costs over 20000 SEK a day to stay. Madeleine will continue her work at Childhood and attend at the Nobel celebrations and at queen Silvia's 70th birthday celebrations.
Sjukhuset där Madde kanske kommer att föda Nyheter
Where she gives birth depends on where her doctor is. Many rooms at Mt. Sinai do have views of Central Park and virtually hospital room now have flat panels. I don't think women in NY chose their hospitals for the views. There's several great hospitals, New York Hospital is much closer to their home. As for the costs, Chris' insurance will cover the hospital bill.

As for them moving to Sweden - I doubt it. Didn't Chris just start a new job with a new firm? If he becomes a Swedish citizen or resides there aren't there some tax implications? All for a baby fifth in line (and most likely will move farther down in the future)?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen writes that Madeleine hasn't decided yet, where she will give birth. According to Expressen Victoria tried to persuade Madeleine to give birth in Sweden because she is worried about the criticism Madeleine gets if she gives birth in NYC. Also queen Silvia has called Madeleine and tried to ger her to give birth in Sweden. The queen is worried about the criticism Madeleine would get if she doesn't give birth in Sweden, it is a royal birth, and what it would mean to the child's place in the order of succession. Annika Sönnerberg from the press department said to Expressen that no decision has been made. If Madeleine would give birth in Sweden, she would probably stay there when she comes home for the Queen's birthday. The child would lose it's place in the order of succession, if it is raised as catholic or it is mainly raised in USA.
Madde trotsar Silvias vädjan om födseln | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 10-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Nobility

I can certainly see why a Swedish royal princess not choosing her own country to give birth in would be insulting to many.People will get over it though.But if the child is for all intent and purposes going to be born and raised a very rich but normal American kid then he or she should not be an HRH-or any other title really. Can't have your cake and eat it also.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Expressen writes that Madeleine hasn't decided yet, where she will give birth. According to Expressen Victoria tried to persuade Madeleine to give birth in Sweden because she is worried about the criticism Madeleine gets if she gives birth in NYC. Also queen Silvia has called Madeleine and tried to ger her to give birth in Sweden. The queen is worried about the criticism Madeleine would get if she doesn't give birth in Sweden, it is a royal birth, and what it would mean to the child's place in the order of succession. Annika Sönnerberg from the press department said to Expressen that no decision has been made. If Madeleine would give birth in Sweden, she would probably stay there when she comes home for the Queen's birthday. The child would lose it's place in the order of succession, if it is raised as catholic or it is mainly raised in USA.
Madde trotsar Silvias vädjan om födseln | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
I completely understand Maddes problem. Her child shall be HRH (and this is only possible if born and raised in SE), but will be tooo far away in the line of succession to become heir(ess) one day.
On the other hand she has her new life in NY.
So what to do?
I really really hope the child will be born in Sweden....
BYe Bine
Old 10-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think that it would make sense if Madeleine and Chris's child is born in Sweden (that way the baby can still be in the line of succession and the press won't make a fuss), however it would be more practical for Madeleine and Chris if it were born in New York. If I were Madeleine, I would travel to Sweden two/one month (s) before the due date, (if the airline allows it) so that the baby can be born there.

In the BRF, Maud Windsor was born in California (please correct me if this is wrong) and there wasn't any fuss, but that's probably because she's a minor member of the royal family and your average person would'nt know who Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor are.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

I understand the symbolism behind a place of birth, but does it really matter where this baby is born? Isn't it more important an HRH's sense of identity, language, involvement with Sweden, etc?

It would seem silly to give birth in Sweden and then raise it in NYC and have all the perks of HRH. On the other hand, a mere birth in NYC but a strong Swedish identity afterwards seems to be to be far more important.

Madde might be most comfortable giving birth in NY. Her husband works there, they live there, the doctor who knows her history is there. If she has to go to Sweden one month before her due date, and then remain there until they are medically cleared to fly, what is the point? Will that force a separation with her husband? Can he get to Sweden at a moment's notice when the moment arrives - babies can be early. Seems cruel to force that separation.

Personally, if I were Madde, I'd tell the public, "oh yes, I'm giving birth in Sweden - why, I would not think of the child drawing its first breath anywhere else." And then a few months from now, say "Oh dear, oh dear, Doctor has just told me I cannot fly." Wink, wink, Madde...

Although a much easier solution would have been no titles for this child - just little Miss/Master O'Neill. Then the Swedish public would have no say. As long as it's an HRH, and Madde is an HRH, it's their business.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Ya know, even given the baby was likely unplanned so early, things like this and O'Neil's role in the royal family should have been thought out once they agreed to marry just because of the dynamics involved. JMHO.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Although a much easier solution would have been no titles for this child - just little Miss/Master O'Neill. Then the Swedish public would have no say. As long as it's an HRH, and Madde is an HRH, it's their business.
I quite agree! I was surprised to hear that Madeleine's child would be HRH. None of the Kings sisters children received HRH when they were born.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I quite agree! I was surprised to hear that Madeleine's child would be HRH. None of the Kings sisters children received HRH when they were born.
Only one of the King's sisters is HRH herself, HRH Princess Birgitta. Her children are His Serene Highness Prince Carl Christian of Hohenzollern, Her Serene Highness Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern, Mrs. Eckbert von Bohlen und Halbach and His Serene Highness Prince Hubertus of Hohenzollern.
But the times are different now and the title and HRH of Madeleine's child is something which the king decides.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Maybe the best option wouldbe for Madeleine and Chris to say that they want to raise their child without HRH,then it wouldn't actaully mater where the babywas born and they would be free to do as they wish. Surely the Swedish people would quite like one less royal to support.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Madeleine strikes me as very conscious about status & title. I can sense the drama, she wants a title for her child but wants to live with her family as private people at the same time. You cant have everything but if you try to, you'll have to accept critizism.

It would be healthier for the family for the kid to have no title and live as they please.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Madeleine strikes me as very conscious about status & title. I can sense the drama, she wants a title for her child but wants to live with her family as private people at the same time. You cant have everything but if you try to, you'll have to accept critizism.

It would be healthier for the family for the kid to have no title and live as they please.
I agree. She wants to live private and is often angry about the paparazzis and that the tabloids write about her. But at the same time she poses happily for 5 covers of Elle and for an 11-page interview.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Nobility

That does not speak well for her maturity at all if this true.So...she wanted the hot American millionaire business man AND the private life AND the perks and notoriety of a princess....and possibly a special title for the kid..... with no criticism . alllrighty then.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Courtier

I've often thought that, she wants it all her own way, the perks of being royal and teh perks of being a private, rich person. I think the best all around would have been for it to have been made clear when she married that whilst she would keep her title her husband and children would not get any.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Nobility

On that note..... is it a case of the being the baby, a daddies girl? A bit spoiled? Tale as old as time.

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine