Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events 1: December 2012 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Chris always looks like he needs a bath. He looks oily and smarmy to me. However, he does have a beautiful wife.

Does anyone know if his businesses are OK? I'm wondering if maybe they're tanking and he's decided to become the spouse of a working royal?

Does anyone know if his businesses are OK? I'm wondering if maybe they're tanking and he's decided to become the spouse of a working royal?

Chris just told at an interview, that he works very long days, sometimes 100 hours a week and travels a lot. Since the representative of the County Administrative Board of Gävleborg told to the press already on 23rd January, that Madeleine comes to Gävle on 2nd February, and only yesterday it was changed that also Chris comes, I think that Chris found out of his working schedule that he could go with Madeleine.
Maybe they decided that because of the huge negative press it would be good if Chris would go with Madeleine. Since it is a visit to Madeleine's duchy, it is quite important one, although it is a short visit.

Chris is coming now into a bad position, basically he declined a title and all that goes with it but bad press now forces him to suck up to the press and play the prince on Madde's side. I think if they move back to Sweden for Leonore's sake the problems will only begin.

i think it's great that chris goes with madeleine, although i don't think it would be damaging to his and her image if she went alone. chris made clear he didn't want a title or a royal role so nothing would surprise us if he were to decline to go. however, as any gentleman would do, he tried to make his schedule fit with his wife's because it's an important event for her.

I think Chris will accompany Madeleine whenever he is needed to be fair.... Now, she is pregnant and her engagement is not in Stockholm so I guess she might want his support...

Last edited:
I guess Madie & Chris know what they want and what they are planning for.
For the public it remains mysterious which is not good for Chris, since questions will soon rise: what is he doing?? still active in the banking sector? connections to London "city", teleworking from Stockholm? or simply being the husband of Madie??
Learning Swedish? from the video Year with the RF, I had the impression he understands it. He also repeated "I have no official capacity". Moving from a management postion in a bank to someone without any official capacity must not be that easy.
I think the situation is potentially damaging for him.
I wish them the best.

Chris has said before the wedding that he would like visit other parts of Sweden because he's only been to Stockholm, Kalmar and Oland.....so his wife's visit to Gavle would be the perfect time to see more of the country, besides Gavle is the regional capital of Gavleborg, and the capital of Madeleine's dukedom, Gastrikland......and since she is The Duchess of the place they're visiting, maybe thats why he wants to join.

Why did he left the Bank Sector ?? as Anne2 says it remains mysterous..
I don't like this man , his mother and sibings.

Why did he left the Bank Sector ?? as Anne2 says it remains mysterous..
I don't like this man , his mother and sibings.

Chris worked for Noster Capital hedge fund, he had stopped working there in April or May 2013. The swedish press told about this a couple of days after their wedding and that Chris would start working as a "business angel", start his own company and invest in new companies.
Hovet höll Chris beslut om jobbet hemligt Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Eva Malmborg from the County Administrative Board of Gävleborg told to Expressen:
- The court called at the end of the week and told me that even Chris O'Neill would take part at the visit. It was a pleasant surprise.
Do you know why he comes?
- No, no idea. Just got the news that he will be with at the visit and it is fun. As far as I know, it's the first time Chris O'Neill visits Gävle.
Expressen has sought the court for a comment.
Madeleine besöker Gävle - med Chris Nyheter Expressen
Translation

:previous: Perhaps he is trialling how viable it is for him to have a home base in Sweden with his wife and daughter and still function within the world of finance.

Great if he is and, if not, still great that he is getting just a little more involved in Madeleine's world.

He's probably just going to be a supportive husband and visit a place that is obviously important and of meaning to his wife. Perhaps it's no more than that.

He's probably just going to be a supportive husband and visit a place that is obviously important and of meaning to his wife. Perhaps it's no more than that.

But because his attendance was told to the hosts many days after Madeleine's visit was published, it seems that at first he had planned to work, then maybe a work trip had been cancelled and he decided to go with Madeleine. It may also be that the court told him that he should go, due to the bad press they had got during the last weeks.

But because his attendance was told to the hosts many days after Madeleine's visit was published, it seems that at first he had planned to work, then maybe a work trip had been cancelled and he decided to go with Madeleine. It may also be that the court told him that he should go, due to the bad press they had got during the last weeks.

Interesting idea. :flowers: Wonder if we will be seeing more of him. How will he will take to all the fuss? Ha! Funny. :p

Last edited:
Svenskdam will be in Gavle today and updating their site as time passes
http://translate.googleusercontent....gavle/&usg=ALkJrhh0kkkqMoPsoQaOqdzXkdrMJyT87g
They also got a comment from the county governor
''- It will be great fun. The princess is really easy to deal with. She is a very charming and nice person, says the visit host, Governor Barbro Holmberg

The visit begins at 12:00 in Gävle with lunch for about 50 invited guests.
- The visit was the princess' initiative, which feels great, says Barbro.

Already discussion about the visit started as early as last summer Barbro tells us that there are lots of things they would like to show off, but they eventually decided to visit two places where the princess had not been before.
- I do not really think the royal family understands how important it is for a county to get a visit like this. It gives pride to the county, and pride is something very important for us', says Barbro.

I think if Chris was a doctor, working in a hospital for a fixed salary, nobody would care. If you are a banker, especially a freelancer, you are perceived as shady and immoral these days or a fake, enriching yourself on other people's money.
I believe too that the court told him to go, for dammage control. He doesnt look comfortable and it shows that the royal role is not his role.

I thought he worked as Banker and occasionaly he will come to Sweden for ex the Nobel Price.
They left USA , they paid what they had to and moved to Europe.
Where are they living ?
It is not the Man to be his wife's Consort...

I thought he worked as Banker and occasionaly he will come to Sweden for ex the Nobel Price.
Where are they living ?

Madeleine, Chris and Leonore live at an apartment at the Royal Mews, when they are in Sweden. They pay rent for their apartment to the Office of the Governor of the Royal Palaces.

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Greeting Ewa and Olle Westling
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...15/10963810_1564355830473931_2111430930_n.jpg

KUVAT Prinsessa Madeleine edusti hehkuen – kätki vauvamahansa telttaan - Viihde - MTV.fi

Photo gallery
Prinsessan Madeleine till Gävle - gd.se

Last edited:
Where are they living ?
I think that Chris now is self-imployed. Nowadays, with smartphones, laptop computers and fast internet, he would be able to work from nearly everywhere. Although in the long run, it might be easier for him to have a permanent basis in London, as it's a financial hot spot. If Chris doesn't explain details on his work to the public, that's probably very common in the financial sector. On the other hand that leaves room for speculation, especially now that the banking sector is very much criticised. I won't be easy for him to combine business live with being the consort of a Princess, even if he has no official role.

Has there been any reports on if he spoke some Swedish? Ofc not fully, but do we know if he threw in some words? :)

Has there been any reports on if he spoke some Swedish? Ofc not fully, but do we know if he threw in some words? :)

Is it really necessary? He is their in a supporting role only. He has not indicated any plans for being a working member of the SRF.

Is it really necessary? He is their in a supporting role only. He has not indicated any plans for being a working member of the SRF.
Kind of necessary. Not in a "get understood" way, but in a "get accepted" way. No one expects him to be fluent, and since he's not a working member he has lower standards, but some rudimentary Swedish would go a long way to get accepted. For now he is some mystic, sketchy dude working with money (but no-one knows exactly how) and doesn't live near here. It doesn't sit well with the general population in Sweden. She seems more International than Swedish now and him not knowing a word of swedish does not help that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom