Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events 1: December 2012 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been writing about articles about this Madeleine fine problem to the General information thread. It is a big news in Sweden.

I was looking att the televised national day celebrations, and when the king adressed Madeleine and Christopher, he got reader, and reader in the face.
At the end om the tv-shot he vas lika a boiled carbfish.
I think he is VERY shy and uncomfortable whit the mediafollowing.

they are not as affectionate as her sister victoria and daniel in public.

They are two different couples, Chris and Maddie aren't into big displays of affection in public there is nothing wrong with that.

I was looking att the televised national day celebrations, and when the king adressed Madeleine and Christopher, he got reader, and reader in the face.
At the end om the tv-shot he vas lika a boiled carbfish.
I think he is VERY shy and uncomfortable whit the mediafollowing.

Haha i noticed that too ;) He was very red in the face when they travelled with the king and queen in the barouche to Skansen too. But maybe he was sweating. I was in the audience at Skansen and it was a very hot day.

they are not as affectionate as her sister victoria and daniel in public.

There is no such thing between these two..he's an arrogant piece of a substance and she's the price chick he wanted...that's tout!...Nope..and it would be normal if any love of affection would shine through on pics or even on their faces without the odd photo-shopping...But No...And NO,that is not normal...And also..he declined becoming a Swedish national...ok...but he also declared he will refuse to sing the Swedish National Anthem..You know,He IS getting married to the daughter of a King,he could have the courtesy to honour his in-laws by even just attempting to sing the Swedish National Anthem..and maybe even get close to a little warm up by the Swedes..at all....But nope..that riggidydiggedy-no-good-for-nothing-except-scam-kid...is discribed as maybe shy.....and blushing..Shy is NOT in his vocabulary..at all.

The Swedes don't give a fig for this marriage,nor for Madde nor for Chris.

How different do they all take to her elder sister and Daniel and Princess Estelle...Unbelieveble,Madde....what have you done?Besides throwing any popularity or plain affection from the Swedes out of the window by coming up with this absolute creep

I agree that he comes off as a bit of a creep. Just not my cup of tea, this couple. But I'll still enjoy watching the wedding!

It's a good thing Victoria is the Crown Princess. She alone of her siblings has the gravitas to be the next monarch.

What could in your eyes Princess Madeleine and Chris do to improve their image in publicity?

Moving back to Sweden? Becoming parents?

Last edited:
What could in your eyes Princess Madeleine and Chris do to improve their image in publicity?

Moving back to Sweden? Becoming parents?

Many royal reporters and experts have been speaking about Madeleine's bad image. They all say that Madeleine isn't close to the people and easy to approach like Victoria, she is more like a high society woman, a real princess, common people feel that she is very far away from them. She doesn't speak with the people and show interest in them. She has still the image of a party princess celebrating at the tables of the Stockholm restaurants. People think that when she was in Sweden, she wasn't working much and now that she lives in the States she has gone even far away from them. And when she comes to Sweden or represents in NY, she is photographed mostly at the glamourous events and not in normal work events. There have been messages in swedish message boards and forums, that why is this wedding held in Sweden, if she loves NY so much she should have gotten married there.
Many of the experts think that it will be very difficult for Madeleine to improve her image. Maybe having children will improve it some way, but if she stays in NY, she will be distant for the swedish people.

Handsome though he is, my personal observation/opinion is that there is something that just doesn't sit well with me about Chris.

Perhaps most, or ALL of us (myself included!) could be considered guilty of thinking that, in his way, Chris was somehow supposed to morph into: "Daniel: The Sequel", once his engagement to Maddie became official.

And that's not fair.

BUT . . .

Having put THAT out on the table . . .

Since the first pics of them started to pop up after the announcement of their engagement, one thing I've noticed about him is that he doesn't seem to be a happy person. He HARDLY EVER smiles in ANY pic I've seen of him, so far.

Personally, if I were in his shoes, I think I'd be grinning like a death's head, 24/7.

And in NOT cracking a genuine smile at least a time or two more than he has in their pics, he's coming across to me as: "If I didn't HAVE to do this, I WOULDN'T!", or "GET ME OUTTA HERE!", while Maddie stands alongside him, beaming and grinning from ear to ear (to the point where you can almost see her wisdom teeth!!).

Frankly, most of the time, to me, he looks like he's just about ready to punch somebody's lights out.

God KNOWS, he has no problem shooting a bird when he seems to be feeling beleaguered and set upon.

Which, to me, smacks of childishness.

I can understand shyness.

But give me a BREAK!

It's not like, in these months leading up to their wedding, he doesn't KNOW he's going to be Flavor of the Month.

At least for a WHILE, anyway.

So what's up with his not putting on at least a passable show of some kind of happiness for his upcoming wedding?

Build a bridge and get OVER it, I say!

If he's as shy/unhappy about getting married as 95% (at least) of his pics with and WITHOUT Maddie indicate, to me, then maybe the two of them need to sit down, have a REAL talk, and pull the plug on this.

He just mostly comes across to me as a REALLY not-so-happy-to-be-where-he-is-and-doing-what-he's-doing type of guy.

And that is VERY off-putting.

Which, if it's true, could be a recipe for disaster, down the road.

Oh, well . . .

Better Maddie than ME!

And yes, that WAS a nice pic of him kissing her hand.

Too bad he couldn't've done that (or something similar!) a whole heckuva lot SOONER!

One of the great things about a major royal event is that all sorts of experts and people voice their opinion.
Sexolog: Derfor er mænd vilde med Madeleine | GO'

Here is what a Danish sexologist has to say about the fact that men in general find Madeleine pretty hot.
Rikke Thuesen explains: "Madeleine has something feminine mixed with independence and (she) awakes both an caring gene and the hunter in the man at the same time.
She is this gentle, smiling soft-cheeked girl. She is somehow marcipan-delicious.
Madeleine has a delicate gentleness which signals that she would like to be protected and give the man his space by her side. In contrast she has this a little more exuberant, athletic and energetic side, which signals that she is a strong woman, who can accomplish things in her own right.
She also looks like a girl with good genes. Men are instinctively turned on by a woman who has a width at the hips that signals that she can deliver babies".

- And with this piece of information in mind I'll grab a cold beer and go out continue painting the windows. However, I will certainly subscribe to the fact that there is nothing wrong with Madeleine's figure. :p

Well, vee, at least he is not an attention..., for the lack of a politer word, junkie. But you are right, it wouldn't hurt him to crack a smile once in a while.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone can say Chris is an unhappy person just because he doesn't smile. The King doesn't seem to smile much either. I know that I don't smile much and have been told to smile by strangers. Some people just aren't all smiley and happy on the outside it doesn't mean they aren't they just don't show it.

Chris was smiling and looked happy yesterday. Lets be real he is having to go from having a private life to having press follow and take pictures of him that can't be easy.

Let's not forget that Chris is pretty much new to the royal scene. He and Madeleine didn't date for years so he could get a good feel of what life would be like in this new world he's about to enter.

I think everyone should get a chance to know him, instead of judging him right away.

Let's not forget that Chris is pretty much new to the royal scene. He and Madeleine didn't date for years so he could get a good feel of what life would be like in this new world he's about to enter.

I think everyone should get a chance to know him, instead of judging him right away.

I totally agree.

I wish them a long long happy and lucky life as being married.

it could be too that he is uncomfortable with his new language, not understanding what is going on and/or being said about him. I know that would make me feel uncomfortable and unsure.
He just looks like an extremely reserved person who does not wear his emotions on his sleeve, so to speak.
I know that I used to get criticised a lot when I was younger cause I never went around smiling or "looking" happy. But that did not mean that I was unhappy. Even to this day, I don't around smiling. I have what people call a poker face, but it's my attitude that reflects my mood. you can tell when I'm happy, mad, ect. maybe this is the same with him?
Also, to this day, my aunts and uncles speak in spanish around me "thinking" I know what they are saying, and it still makes me feel uncomfortable, even thou I get the jest of what is being said.

Can't see the pic unfortunately. Access forbidden :-( Can somebody upload it?

Thank you! Now I can see it. :) Personally I think both are glad when the wedding fuss is over.

Thank you! Now I can see it. :) Personally I think both are glad when the wedding fuss is over.

Me too. Probably counting the hours until the royal circus is over and praying for a honeymoon without being bothered by paps and then a normal life in NYC.

Maybe he's Irish (half Irish anyway). Maybe he got the Irish melancholy gene. The melancholy Irish do, however, laugh uproariously when you get them started, so he may laugh in private, and photos don't capture it.

On my mother's side, a long line of 100% Irish. I've got their number, and mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom