The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
These pictures are quite clear. The 'cigarette' is being passed from friend to Chris to Madeleine. It looks like a joint to me.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
But it´s not even lit when Chris gets the cigarette.

And hereby I mean cigarette, not a joint.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

What if it's a cigarette/joint... Mind blown ...you're welcome

Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
But it´s not even lit when Chris gets the cigarette.

And hereby I mean cigarette, not a joint.
You're correct, it is not a joint! It is a cigarette! I can't see Maddy being a pot smoker first off and secondly, it's too fat and has too much ash to be a joint.

NO I DO NOT PUFF! I have been around and seen many people who do, and my brother did. This is simply a rolled up cigarette from papers and tobacco.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish MTV3 quoting the story in Expressen
Madeleine comments the photo where she and Chris are smoking to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen. She tells that they have been trying to stop smoking, but it isn't easy.
- We are at the photos with our friends. We don't carry cigarrettes with us, we want to quit, Madeleine assures.
The photos have got a lot of disapproval.
- The situation may look bad, but it has an explanation. At this lunch a friend of the couple had cigarrettes. Swiss people are rolling their own cigarrettes, it is very common in Switzerland, Director of the press, Bertil Ternert commented to Expressen.
Madeleine thinks that she should stop smoking because of her status. She has once managed to stop, but started again. Madeleine and Chris have together promised to stop smoking after the skiing holiday.
- I have spoken about this with Madeleine many times. Both she and Chris want to stop smoking, says Ternert.
Madeleine has during the last days represented in Sweden with Childhood Foundation. At the weekend she left Sweden to New York to Chris.
Madeleine selventää paheksuttua kuvaa tupakoinnistaan - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

These explanations are a little odd, when there are other photos from the ski trip with Madeleine a cigarrette and cigarrette box in her hand.
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/1/Q13579238821466947_2.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/1/Q13579238821466947_3.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s04/1/5/W1357999127146221_1.jpg

A spokesperson from the swedish royal court contacted yesterday austrian newspage Heute and told that it was a normal cigarrette Madeleine was smoking, not a joint.
Schwedisches Königshaus Prinzessin Madeleine rauchte doch keinen Joint! Heute.at
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I get that Madeleine should stop smoking for her own health, but I don't see why the royal court has to comment on it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I get that Madeleine should stop smoking for her own health, but I don't see why the royal court has to comment on it.
Probably because smoking a joint is a crime in most places, and most likely where they were skiing. I get that marijuana is harmless, but I don't think royals should knowingly break the laws of the jurisdiction they are in.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
It's a roll your own cigarette. I had a friend who use to roll his own because he was too cheap to buy a pack
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Agreed. I can't figure out why the palace would comment on it!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^Probably because there's been a lot of comment and controversy over whether it's a joint or cigarette and the palace felt it had to step in and clarify the matter.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know which languages Chris O'Neill speaks?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Does anyone know which languages Chris O'Neill speaks?
I haven't seen mentioned in any article what languages Chris speaks, queen Silvia said after the engagement that Chris speaks many languages.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
These pictures are quite clear. The 'cigarette' is being passed from friend to Chris to Madeleine. It looks like a joint to me.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Looks like a hand rolled cigarette to me. I have rolled both in my past and can tell the difference quite clearly. It is much to uniform and loosely rolled to be a joint. Of course we can't see them inhaling in action, but if there was any question that would be immediately put to rest depending on whether they were expelling smoke immediately after inhaling or holding it in for an extended amount of time before expelling. On a practical note, I seriously doubt someone of her position and media interest would be so careless to smoke a joint in broad daylight in a public area.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris were seen walking in Djurgården in Saturday morning. Chris returned to New York during the weekend.
Madeleine och Chris på Djurgården Hovbloggen
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris had dinner with Madeleine's friends Dag and Natalie Werner at restaurant Daphne on Wednesday evening. According to Expressen Madeleine has had intensive days but yesterday evening it was time for a well needed break, a dinner with friends.
Här njuter Madde och Chris av utekvällen Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris have been seen in New York
Prinsessan Madeleine i kavaj & trasiga jeans Mode Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips Expressen

More photos of Madeleine and Chris near their home in NY.
Madeleine ja Chris bongattiin New Yorkin kodin ulkopuolella Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...s22-madde2-121
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Majesty

Welcome to New York, mommy! Princess Madeleine of Sweden takes King and Queen out for royal feast in Harlem with banker fiancé:
Read more: Welcome to New York, mommy! Princess Madeleine of Sweden takes King and Queen out for royal feast in Harlem with banker fiancé | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Madeleine's parents King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia visit her and Chris O'Neill. - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris arrived this morning to Sweden. According to Expressen they have been resting at their home, but went also for a lunch. Annika Sönnerberg tells that of course they are very involved in the preparations of publishing the banns and are working with that.
Madde och Chris är här inför bröllopet Nyheter Expressen

And from Aftonbladet
The couple enjoyed the sun and looked to be in great spirits. The court has nailed basically everything in terms of the wedding.
- Most things are at their place for the planning, says Bertil Ternert.
Här laddar de för bröllopet Bröllopet Aftonbladet

Gallery
Madde ja Chris ovat Tukholmassa valmistelemassa häitään Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Old 05-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris had yesterday evening dinner with their friends at restaurant Strandvägen 1. Their dinner was disrupted by an automatic firealarm, there was no fire.
Madeleine and Chris meet the king and queen today to discuss about tomorrow's publishing of the banns. According to Expressen, Eva O'Neill arrives today to Sweden, she will stay at the central Stockholm. Tomorrow the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel host a private dinner.
Madeleine och Chris tvingades utrymma Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Madde och Chris utrymde restaurang Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 05-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Commoner

Is there any live streaming of the wedding on the internet ? If so does someone have a link ? Thanks in advance.

Tags
chris o'neill, current events, princess madeleine