The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

And the Helmet??????

Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine and Chris are having a nice holiday in Gstaad with Louise Gottlieb and other friends. They seem to be on a good mood and have been seen hugging while skiing.
But Expressen writes: Here they smoke together
The organization A Non Smoking Generation reacts over that the princess appears at the photos with a cigarette in her hand, the chairman Ann-Therese Enarsson says:
- It's sad when role models, especially those with such an impact at the young women like she has, choose to smoke because it is so dangerous to your health.
Här ryker de ihop Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

The finnish press writes widely about Madeleine and Chris smoking together
Röökipari - Madeleine ja Chris sauhuttelivat yhdessä - todella ikävää - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
Madeleine ja Chris sauhuttelivat Alpeilla – katso kuva - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi
I have to voice my very sincere disappointment in Madeleine and Chris. For anyone to smoke today they must be totally ignorant about the health risks not only to themselves but also to everyone around them. Second hand smoke is especially bad for small children. The smoke stays in your clothes, skin and hair long after you have extinguished the cigarett and impact infants and children.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Majesty

It's just one of those nasty habits that's very hard to break but its up to them if they want to stop smoking.

Looks like they are enjoying themselves.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Courtier

What are they smoking?

??? Is it usual to share a Marlboro with your sweetie?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

For people who smoke is a normal thing, but of course she is a Princess and a very well known person so she should care more for her posture and attitude towards the public...but it seams that she doesn't care at all...also to me a very important issue is the ski helmet, she should be wraring a ski helmet for her safe, of course it is not fashion at all wearing it..but it's safe!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos
Prinzessin Madeleine - Skiurlaub in Gstaad • NEWS.AT
http://www.heute.at/news/oesterreich...6574?SORT=DESC
Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
For people who smoke is a normal thing, but of course she is a Princess and a very well known person so she should care more for her posture and attitude towards the public...but it seams that she doesn't care at all...also to me a very important issue is the ski helmet, she should be wraring a ski helmet for her safe, of course it is not fashion at all wearing it..but it's safe!
I think it is pretty obvious that Madeleine has and is making a very obvious statement . . . "I was born a Princess and that is an accident of birth. I did not make any promises to be a sterling role model when I was born, my baby footprint is on no contract . . . so back off!"

She is merely the cosseted daughter of very wealthy parents, probably has a trust fund courtesy of her parents, grandparents, etc. In this she is hardly alone as there are thousands of women in the same position. The fact that her father is a king and her sister a future queen is irrelevant. She, like Princess Stephanie, has obviously decided what she wants for her future and it is not cutting endless ribbons or merely becoming an ageing decoration.

Who is to say she has not made the right choice. Not all of her choices will be wise but then, whose are?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think it is pretty obvious that Madeleine has and is making a very obvious statement . . . "I was born a Princess and that is an accident of birth. I did not make any promises to be a sterling role model when I was born, my baby footprint is on no contract . . . so back off!"

She is merely the cosseted daughter of very wealthy parents, probably has a trust fund courtesy of her parents, grandparents, etc. In this she is hardly alone as there are thousands of women in the same position. The fact that her father is a king and her sister a future queen is irrelevant. She, like Princess Stephanie, has obviously decided what she wants for her future and it is not cutting endless ribbons or merely becoming an ageing decoration.

Who is to say she has not made the right choice. Not all of her choices will be wise but then, whose are?
Well said.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Am I missing something?

Am I the only one who thinks that she and her friends are sharing a joint?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post

It does look a bit like that to me as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
It does look a bit like that to me as well.
Madeleine ja Chris sauhuttelivat Alpeilla – katso kuva - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

If that is a "joint" it is the neatest, fattest, most uniform cigarette-like joint I have ever seen depicted. Personally, whilst I think they are establishing their "independence" from the House of Bernadotte, I do not think they would be flagrantly flouting the law, or doing anything to bring her family into disrepute to do it!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

If that is a "joint" it is the neatest, fattest, most uniform cigarette-like joint I have ever seen depicted. Personally, whilst I think they are establishing their "independence" from the House of Bernadotte, I do not think they would be flagrantly flouting the law, or doing anything to bring her family into disrepute to do it!
Yea, that absolutely looks like a cigarette to me. Doesn't look at all like a joint.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think she will ever do that in public...she is a very VIP person who cares for her apperance..smoking is one think...but the other thing is impossble for princess Madeleine to do that in public..she cares a lot for her apperance...and for what the people think of her...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Courtier

These pictures are quite clear. The 'cigarette' is being passed from friend to Chris to Madeleine. It looks like a joint to me.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

only in one picture it looks weird, in the others it is definitely a cigarette!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Courtier

In the US, it is not too unusual to see someone smoking marijuana on a ski lift. Is it usual in Europe for people to share regular cigarettes?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Even if it is a cigarrette, it is bad enough that at least the austrian press is writing about that it is possible a joint.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Well, whatever it is, it seems that Mr. O'Neill is getting a baptism by fire into fame.

I personally think it's a cigarette. They've both been spotted numerous times smoking and I can't imagine they'd be so stupid to smoke a joint in public. If Madde doesn't know by now there are paps everywhere, then I don't know what to say.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is a cigarette and for me it is not a big thing that they are sharing it.

At the time I smoked I often had shared cigarettes with friends.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
These pictures are quite clear. The 'cigarette' is being passed from friend to Chris to Madeleine. It looks like a joint to me.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
It is a joint.

Tags
chris o'neill, current events, princess madeleine