The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 03:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
Is it the same dress than we've seen on Kate Duchess of Cambridge and the one Princess Alexandra wore at Prince Felix wedding ?
Same dress as Alexandra not Catherine;

Catherine - http://www.posh24.com/photo/1516678/...ss_of_cambridg

Alexandra - http://smartladieslovestuff.com/fash...eddingsept2013

Old 10-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if a poll for her baby will be create

Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are the same dress in different colors. Kate just looks far better. It is a pity to wear the same thing that someone else makes look really stunning. Alexandra looked nice, but not after the other photo.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
They are the same dress in different colors. Kate just looks far better. It is a pity to wear the same thing that someone else makes look really stunning. Alexandra looked nice, but not after the other photo.
They aren't the "same" dress since Kate's is from Jenny Packham and Alexandra's from Tadashi Shoji.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
They aren't the "same" dress since Kate's is from Jenny Packham and Alexandra's from Tadashi Shoji.
true! What about Madlines?
Old 10-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

A royal bargain! Four-months-pregnant Princess Madeleine attends black tie gala in $367 gown | Mail Online

I fail to see any reason to mention the price of the dress.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
i agree there's no need to bring up the price, besides at 380 Euros it isnt really a bargain......one of the reasons i dont like the daily mail is that they always have to mention kate every time they have an article about royals who are not english.....it kinda detracts the attention from what the article is really about
Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Gentry

Just stumbled upon something funny

Just found something really funny, look at Madde's shirt:
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad912px.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	290354

And then Chris's profile pic on Instagram: Instagram.

I actually think this is rather cute
Old 10-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Majesty

There has been quite a few articles in daily mail about Madeleine they never white this much before
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Madeleine and Chris at the Central Park in New York today, November 4, 2013:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine ja Chris lenkillä lähes identtisissä asuissa - Chris puuskutti punaisena - Viihde - Viihdeuutiset - Ilta-Sanomat
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris were seen walking in NYC, according to Expressen they went from their home to their gym and then to Madison Avenue.
Madeleine visade upp babybulan i New York Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation
According to Expressen's sources, Eva O'Neill is also invited to the queen's 70th birthday party.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Madeleine will not attend the Nobles - quote from her facebook page:
It saddens me that I won't be able to attend the Nobel Festivities this year. Due to the fact that I'm expecting a baby girl in February, it would be hard for me to participate in the lengthy program over the two days. My heart, however, will be in Stockholm.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Madeleine will not attend the Nobles - quote from her facebook page:
It saddens me that I won't be able to attend the Nobel Festivities this year. Due to the fact that I'm expecting a baby girl in February, it would be hard for me to participate in the lengthy program over the two days. My heart, however, will be in Stockholm.
Quite dramatic. The royal family are just as the honour guests at the Nobel ceremony, and Madeleine isn't the most important person there. So she can't participate at the lengthy program on two days while she is pregnant. But millions of women work for eight hours a day when they are 7 months pregnant. And Madeleine says nothing about that flying to Sweden would be tough, obviously because she and Chris are planning to fly to Sweden a week later.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree Lady Finn.

But maybe Madeleine is very uncomfortable or simply not having an easy pregnancy. I will try to give her the benefit of the doubt here.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Quite dramatic. The royal family are just as the honour guests at the Nobel ceremony, and Madeleine isn't the most important person there. So she can't participate at the lengthy program on two days while she is pregnant. But millions of women work for eight hours a day when they are 7 months pregnant. And Madeleine says nothing about that flying to Sweden would be tough, obviously because she and Chris are planning to fly to Sweden a week later.
I agree as well, I said it in another thread, although pregnant women have kind of a card blache, it looks a bit like nitpicking to me: nobels without Chris no thanks, mom's birthday a week later with Chris sure thing. We are talking about a swedish princess here whose duty it is to attend such events. To skip the most high profile event of the year of the SRF and attend a private one a week later leaves a bad taste. I would have understood if she had said, sorry guys, I cant fly anymore, thats it for me. I am curious if Madde goes back to NY after Silvia's birthday.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Sometimes I get the impression that M is a bit spoiled, like she wants to have her cake and eat it tooooo. Over the years of viewing her, it seems that she like to *have it my way or the else*. I think being a royal you have a huge responsibility to your position and your country, it would have been better for her to go to the Nobles and done some small event without a lot of standing or sitting (say put in an appearance for the family) and stayed in Sweden for her mother's birthday. That would have made things look a lot better for her and still would have made the family look more on a positive side then negative. Her being this way does not make her look like she really wants to do the job, just to have the perks and be called a princess. Some non-royal women that have married crown princes of Europe have really taken on the role and done the job with flying colors, say now Queen Max whom I just adore. M really should decide how she wants to play the role of princess and wife, she can do both but not one just when she feels like it.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Administrator

And sometimes I think people just like nitpicking with Madeleine.

Every woman's pregnancy is different and we don't how the specifics of her pregnancy. What wrong with wanting to fly to Sweden once instead of twice within a short time period and in the company of her husband? How awful is that? Maybe she has an appointment of some sort in NY between the Nobels and her mother's birthday and can't fly back and forth. And she actually prefer to fly with her husband Did anyone think about that?

As previously stated Madeleine isn't the most important person there, so really it shouldn't matter if she doesn't attend. All you really need is the King, Queen, Victoria and the person being honoured.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I am a bit dissappointed now, too.
Why does she not fly to Stockholm and stays until after Christmas? She wanted to fly anyway..... being too stressful, gosh, why then just attending the first day, Dec 10th? And leaving out the other activities?
Victoria did the same 2 years ago....

Seems not to be a valid reason to me missing the most important Event of the year, sorry. And yes, this is a duty of a princess. Looking like spoiled to me, too.
BYe Bine
Old 12-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I am a bit dissappointed now, too.
Why does she not fly to Stockholm and stays until after Christmas? She wanted to fly anyway..... being too stressful, gosh, why then just attending the first day, Dec 10th? And leaving out the other activities?
Victoria did the same 2 years ago....

Seems not to be a valid reason to me missing the most important Event of the year, sorry. And yes, this is a duty of a princess. Looking like spoiled to me, too.
BYe Bine
Some airlines don't allow pregnant women to fly for safety reasons, and Madeleine is quite far along now, so perhaps that's why she isn't attending. Victoria lived in Stockholm during her pregnancy so it was "easier" for her.

However I do agree with you on some points, it's quite disappointing not to see Madeleine attend. Now that we know that Victoria won't be in attendance either, we'll be seeing less tiaras and gowns.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!

Tags
chris o'neill, current events, princess madeleine