Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events 1: December 2012 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Mr. O'Neill looked like he was happy. I know he is not the smiling type of person (I myself am not either) and people perceive you to always be either in a bad mood or mad at something. But it just seems as if he is not a happy person. He does look uncomfortable in the greeting line standing next to Madeline. I wonder if being in Sweden just make him uncomfortable because of his wife's position? Or just because he can not understand the language to well???
In any case, Madeline looks wonderful and I absolutely adore her top!!!! I would love to own one like that!!!

I actually feel almost sorry for him: he has always looked so uneasy and unconfortable that I think he made the right decision to remain a private person... Madeleine is already looking huge! Can't wait for baby 2

Last edited:
I actually feel almost sorry for him: he has always looked so uneasy and unconfortable that I think he made the right decion to remain a private person... Madeleine is already looking huge! Can't wait for baby 2
I agree about this. He seems to get uneasy around the royal fuss :p I don't blame him!

I thought he worked as Banker and occasionaly he will come to Sweden for ex the Nobel Price.
They left USA , they paid what they had to and moved to Europe.
Where are they living ?
It is not the Man to be his wife's Consort...
Erm . . . I think Prince Philip, Prince Henri and Prince Daniel would all take issue with that.

There appears to be genuine warmth in the greeting to the Westings
There certainly is. Many have commented on how uncomfortable Chris looks, and they are right, he does now but this was not something that he intended to be part of. But life intervenes and things change and he's basically winging it behind Madeleine, for which I give him a big A+.
I love this photo because it looks so real. The smile on Madeleine's face is beautiful and Chris looks so happy, almost like someone threw him a life preserver!

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...15/10963810_1564355830473931_2111430930_n.jpg

But all joking aside the Westlings look like very welcome guests and they look more relaxed and comfortable than Chris, so I am thinking that they are really supportive of Chris as they themselves have been in the same situation as he is and are living proof that things can get better.

So we will see if this is just a oncer or if he intends to put a little more time into supporting Madeleine. But, either way, give him a little time and practice and yes, brush up his Swedish, and things with improve I think

On a side note, more of a curiousity, what languages does Chris speak? His early years in Switzerland must have exposed him to more than a few other languages. So English, French? German? Italian? Romansh? I'm guessing German as he spent time their in his youth but if he speaks more than one language Swedish shouldn't be an insurmountable obstacle.

Look Philip married Elizabeth because it was the best thing for him and Lord Mountbatten made sure of that. Elizabeth was very much in love. , that he may love her now, is another thing. I can't speak of Henri, I believe, it was an attractive opportunity, but would he have married her if she was not who she is. And he is the lucky one. Daniel seems to love his wife and his daughter, but a prince? Whatever. Chris is his own man. I think he would rather be in New York. He is not cutout for this type of smiling and existing. Hope he finds something for himself that is satisfying.

Look Philip married Elizabeth because it was the best thing for him and Lord Mountbatten made sure of that. Elizabeth was very much in love. , that he may love her now, is another thing. I can't speak of Henri, I believe, it was an attractive opportunity, but would he have married her if she was not who she is. And he is the lucky one. Daniel seems to love his wife and his daughter, but a prince? Whatever. Chris is his own man. I think he would rather be in New York. He is not cutout for this type of smiling and existing. Hope he finds something for himself that is satisfying.
Wow, I applaud you for managing to fit so much cynicism and sexism in such a short post. Quite an accomplishment!

I actually feel almost sorry for him: he has always looked so uneasy and unconfortable that I think he made the right decision to remain a private person... Madeleine is already looking huge! Can't wait for baby 2

OMiGosh! How funny! :flowers: I had forgotten that Madeleine was pregnant and I was thinking that she was hanging onto the baby weight from her first for a long time. Okay, she's pregnant. All explained. :p

It takes a certain sort of personality to be willing to go along with the "smiling and existing", and in Chris I see an independent man who doesn't want to do that and wasn't prepared to give up his identity to conform, and I applaud him for it. Madeleine would have known that about him before she married him. It doesn't make him better than Daniel though, whom I also applaud for the way he has taken on and settled in to his role with good grace and love. Both men are deserving of respect.

It takes a certain sort of personality to be willing to go along with the "smiling and existing", and in Chris I see an independent man who doesn't want to do that and wasn't prepared to give up his identity to conform, and I applaud him for it. Madeleine would have known that about him before she married him. It doesn't make him better than Daniel though, whom I also applaud for the way he has taken on and settled in to his role with good grace and love. Both men are deserving of respect.

Agree 100%. :flowers: Nicely said.

Very well said!

I love this photo because it looks so real. The smile on Madeleine's face is beautiful and Chris looks so happy, almost like someone threw him a life preserver!

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...15/10963810_1564355830473931_2111430930_n.jpg

I think that the photos with the Westlings are very genuine and show that Madeleine and Chris like them. Chris seemed relieved to meet them because he knows that they are warm and genuine people who don't judge him, but like him. Chris knew very well that everyone he met yesterday, judges him and his behaviour. The photos with the Westlings show also that Daniel's parents spend a lot of time with Victoria and Daniel at the Haga Palace and Solliden, since Madeleine and Chris have mostly been in Sweden in the summer and Christmas, and yet the relationship between them and the Westlings is real and warm, so they have met many times.

Gallery from the visit to Esri Sverige
IBL Bildbyrå

Gallery from the visit to the youth center Helges
IBL Bildbyrå

Prinsessan på besök i Gävle - P4 Gävleborg Sveriges Radio

Margareta Thorgren from the court press department told to Aftonbladet that there was a gap in Chris's calendar, so he could attend.
According to court the princess will continue to work for Childhood even now when the couple lives in Stockholm.
- Childhood is an organization that exists in several countries. Headquartered in Stockholm, said Thorgren.
When Madeleine lived in New York, she received apanage when she represented Sweden at various events and occasions. How it gets now, the court don't want to tell.
- I don't comment on the apanage, said Thorgren.
Madeleine fortsätter jobba Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine posted about the visit on her facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden

she writes:
''Today Chris and I visited Gävle together. It was a very interesting and happy day. I'm glad I could share it with Chris.''

Chris also gave a comment to svenskdam at the youth centre
"It's been great working with my wife today, and what these kids are doing is incredible. I have never in my life seen so much talent gathered in one room!''

In regard to Chris most of the visit at the youth was conducted in English....however when asked about his Swedish he says that progress, is 'slow but certain'
When asked about becoming a dad again he said: ' It goes without saying, it's absolutely wonderful to be a father again'
After the visit Madeleine said:
"It's been a really fun visit, it's so much fun to be back!''
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...hris-och-madeleine-det-har-varit-fantastiskt/

Last edited:
I think that the photos with the Westlings are very genuine and show that Madeleine and Chris like them. Chris seemed relieved to meet them because he knows that they are warm and genuine people who don't judge him, but like him.
As the Westlings doesn't seem to take part in that many royal events that doesn't have to do with family matters, perhaps one of the reason why they were present today was to make things more comfortable for Chris (and Madeleine), so that there would be a couple of familiar faces there, and people whom they liked to be with.

Chris O'Neil doesn't look comfortable smiling in posed pictures. But I have seen him in pictures where he is obviously smiling spontaneously and it looks very nice.

Gallery from the Gavle visit:

Belga

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom