The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More photos at today's Expressen
The cover
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...6-4ac0d49e7def
What is he doing in this picture?

Old 06-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
What is he doing in this picture?
He´s reading a book about the Kennedy clan...

Old 06-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
They should have gone to Cuba. Great beaches and friendly people, and not much chance of being hounded by paps.
Not very comfortable in Cuba. Also, I can imagine the hubbub from some quarters of the kings daughter going to a communist country on her honeymoon.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Not very comfortable in Cuba. Also, I can imagine the hubbub from some quarters of the kings daughter going to a communist country on her honeymoon.
Actually the hotels and private villas one can rent are more than comfortable and the beaches are amongst the best. You will meet people from all over the world on holiday there including Swedes. I myself usually go once or twice a year. It is only the Americans who have a problem with Cuba, although I have met Americans on holiday there who have traveled through Mexico, The Bahamas or Canada to get there.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt if they are there. I have no problem wherever they chose to be. Comfortable and luxurious are quite different. Cuba is still behind the times, some of it is our fault ( the U.S.), there are better places to spend a vacation and, certainly, a honeymoon, when your budget is non-existent.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Courtier

Madeleine and Chris had a list of presents for their friends:
Madeleine von Schweden: DAS ist ihre heimliche Geschenkeliste! - BUNTE
Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Actually the hotels and private villas one can rent are more than comfortable and the beaches are amongst the best. You will meet people from all over the world on holiday there including Swedes. I myself usually go once or twice a year. It is only the Americans who have a problem with Cuba, although I have met Americans on holiday there who have traveled through Mexico, The Bahamas or Canada to get there.
I agree with Countess, whose post is below yours. My family still lives in Cuba, and it's ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, but I'd expect the accommodations are not as nice as 99% of other places in the Caribbean.

I should sen you a private message to see where you've been ....
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Madeleine and Chris had a list of presents for their friends:
Madeleine von Schweden: DAS ist ihre heimliche Geschenkeliste! - BUNTE
If the list was clearly for their friends why is it re-posted here?
Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Madeleine should take a deep breath, count to ten and take it easy. Your options today are to struck a deal or to go to a pap-free place. That is not the location they chose of course. But expecting to be left alone in this situation, plus complaining but posting on facebook at the same time, on what planet is she living? Hard to understand because Madeleine has been part of the game all her life, she should have understood by now that with the press it has to be give and take or nothing.

Its like Kate & William, in an ideal world people should respect your privacy. But in in reality, they dont. Get over it or act accordingly and move on. If she didnt expect what just happened she is either too arrogant or too naive or the honeymoon plan was another masterpiece organised by Ternert.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Media expert Paul Ronge on TV4 about Madeleine being angry to Expressen.

Ronge understands Madeleine in a way but she should understand that the tabloids want private photos too. You shouldn't criticize the tabloids about that they managed to take the photos, and you shouldn't lose your temper with the journalists, they are doing their job. You can't choose that the media takes just photos that are good and positive for you. Madeleine is a little like a reality star, she is known about that she is a princess and not about her work unlike Victoria who is seen ashardworking and professional. Yes, there should be a line which is enough, but you have to self make that line, like Victoria and Daniel did, they were interviewed and let themselves to be photographed on their honeymoon and then asked that they wanted to have some privacy. They had thought about that and it was good. Ronge thinks that Madeleine has herself written to Facebook about the photos, it was unprofessional and private. Ronge says that some people think that Madeleine and Chris should have been left in peace, but he has also spoken with royalists, who think that it would be better if Madeleine would give up her title and the apanage and live happily with her billionaire in NY.
Prinsessan Madeleine reagerar starkt mot pressen - Nyhetsmorgon - tv4.se
Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Sounds like the media trying to justify their own behaviour. The tabs in London used to do that all the time with Diana saying they were only doing things because the people wanted these kinds of pics and if there wasn't a market for them they wouldnt go after pics..
Old 06-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Courtier

Madeleine and Chris back to Sweden on the 4th July.
I guess they'll be present at CP Victoria's birthday on the 14th July as well..

More info:
http://svenskdam.se/2013/06/den-4-ju...-sverige-igen/
Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Media expert Paul Ronge on TV4 about Madeleine being angry to Expressen.

Ronge understands Madeleine in a way but she should understand that the tabloids want private photos too. You shouldn't criticize the tabloids about that they managed to take the photos, and you shouldn't lose your temper with the journalists, they are doing their job. You can't choose that the media takes just photos that are good and positive for you. Madeleine is a little like a reality star, she is known about that she is a princess and not about her work unlike Victoria who is seen ashardworking and professional. Yes, there should be a line which is enough, but you have to self make that line, like Victoria and Daniel did, they were interviewed and let themselves to be photographed on their honeymoon and then asked that they wanted to have some privacy. They had thought about that and it was good. Ronge thinks that Madeleine has herself written to Facebook about the photos, it was unprofessional and private. Ronge says that some people think that Madeleine and Chris should have been left in peace, but he has also spoken with royalists, who think that it would be better if Madeleine would give up her title and the apanage and live happily with her billionaire in NY.
Prinsessan Madeleine reagerar starkt mot pressen - Nyhetsmorgon - tv4.se
Paul Ronge certainly got it right when he refers to Expressen as "tabloid". No serious journalist would consider it their job to find or take pictures of Madeleine and Chris on their honeymoon. He is confusing journalists with paparazzi.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Paul Ronge is a media expert, he is right at that the PR of the wedding wasn't especially good, not before or after. That Chris cancelled the promised interview to SVT's program "The Year with the Royal Family", wasn't a very good thing. The media got used to a good service before Victoria's and Daniel's wedding with many TV-interviews and two big interviews at the newspapers GD and SVD, which the tabloids could write about too. And Victoria and Daniel gave interviews on their honeymoon to both Aftonbladet and Expressen. The media got used to a good service from the Royal Family then and are now disappointed.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

So basically if they would have given an interview they would have been left alone by the paparazzi's? Yeah right.... Why shouldn't we critisize tabloids for inviding their privacy? This article by Ronge doesn't make any sense at all! Instead of writing on facebook Madeleiene/the court should start a law suit IMO.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
So basically if they would have given an interview they would have been left alone by the paparazzi's? Yeah right.... Why shouldn't you critisize tabloids for inviding your privacy? This article by Ronge doesn't make any sense at all! Instead of writing on facebook Madeleiene/the court should start a law suit IMO.
To what avail? They are public persons on a public beach. Victoria got annoyed with the paps in Spain, didnt start a lawsuit either.
Making a deal would have been the only option and Chris should have avoided to annoy the press by cancelling an interview, not a good start.

These lawsuits are a waste of money and energy, will take you nowhere.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
So basically if they would have given an interview they would have been left alone by the paparazzi's? Yeah right.... Why shouldn't you critisize tabloids for inviding your privacy? This article by Ronge doesn't make any sense at all! Instead of writing on facebook Madeleiene/the court should start a law suit IMO.
Victoria and Daniel gave interviews from their honeymoon to Expressen and Aftonbladet. After that they continued their honeymoon for over a month and there wasn't any paparazzi photos published. Perhaps Madeleine is more interesting for the American press, but I think Paul Ronge has it right, royals or other public persons shouldn't criticize the reporters about that they have done their job and found the couple from a famous holiday resort.
Victoria and Daniel were annoyed by the photographers in Spain, and returned home two days earlier than they had planned. But I haven't read from anywhere that they had complained about the press to anyone, they just left home.
Starting a law suit against the press from paparazzi photos from a famous holiday resurt is a waste of time.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Commoner

I think preemptively releasing a photograph or granting an interview usually works. For the press, it's usually a competition to be the first to publish. I can't imagine that anyone would be interested in publishing/seeing pictures everyday of a month-long vacation and I don't think any new pictures have come out since the ones from Expressen and the one Madeleine herself posted.

The press were asking Madeleine and Chris for a joint interview leading up to the wedding and they promised to do one after the wedding. I think it would have made more sense to either just say outright that they would not be granting any joint interview or that they would do an interview once they got back from their honeymoon or were home in NY. Right now, the press really wants that first joint interview and after that's done, their interest is naturally going to wane.

In some way, the attempts to be inaccessible and secretive actually end up drumming up interest. Curiosity is part of human nature. Like instead of sneaking out of the country, maybe you're better off getting interviewed at the airport and just saying "Yes, we're leaving for our honeymoon. Please respect our privacy." ?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to Expressen, Chris O'Neill will attend the festivities on Victoriadagen:

Chris O'Neill deltar på Victorias födelsedag | Kvällsposten
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
According to Expressen, Chris O'Neill will attend the festivities on Victoriadagen:

Chris O'Neill deltar på Victorias födelsedag | Kvällsposten
Yes, but Bertil Ternert can not yet say, where Chris is going to sit or stand.

Tags
chris o'neill, current events, princess madeleine