The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's almost as if she is saying, she can beat them at their own game. But that time is past, if that's what she is going for, she is asking for trouble by posting this picture. The paparazzi is going to think it's open season now. Yet again, I think that the court should have handled this. But on the other hand, their press officer probably doesn't know how to.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Yeah a bit but I also can see her point.
Like wok kim said she's trying to show it in her terms.

Instead of getting mad and charging the press she chose to post pics by herself to show that we don't need them to know about her honeymoon destination, etc etc etc. It just shows how wise she is. She's trying to be a bit different and impose herself IMO.

I liked her attitude.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
Maybe it's her way to fight back and show her honeymoon on her terms now
If she wanted to control her honeymoon and the publicity, she should have published a photo of them on the first day. I don't think that she is so stupid that she didn't understand that the press would find them when they went to a place where William, Kate and the Beckhams have been before them. People in the island know that celebrities come there.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...23708615&pos=2
Old 06-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Madeleine and her husband are entitled to their privacy if and when they want it - especially on their honeymoon!
The fact that she has posted her own photos of herself on Facebook has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the issue of privacy. She chose to do so and was comfortable with that. Clearly what she is not comfortable with is the idea of being photographed by other people at certain times, and for them to gain financial benefit from such photos.
I stated in another thread (about the topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge) that I consider anyone stalking about, unknown by anyone taking photographs of people in swimwear (or indeed without) should be classified as a pervert and locked up.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Princess Madeleine and her husband are entitled to their privacy if and when they want it - especially on their honeymoon!
The fact that she has posted her own photos of herself on Facebook has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the issue of privacy. She chose to do so and was comfortable with that. Clearly what she is not comfortable with is the idea of being photographed by other people at certain times, and for them to gain financial benefit from such photos.
I stated in another thread (about the topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge) that I consider anyone stalking about, unknown by anyone taking photographs of people in swimwear (or indeed without) should be classified as a pervert and locked up.
I completely agree about the paparazzi stalking. Totally uncalled for. I'm more confused/bewildered, but the way she handled it afterwards. They made it until Friday without pictures being published, that's a lot longer than I thought they'd get.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Bertil Ternert, the court press department didn't know where Madeleine and Chris went for their honeymoon. Johan T Lindwall from Expressen said to Dagens Media that finding out the place was a team work. Ternert says that Madeleine shows the feelings she has.
Prinsessan Madeleine De förstör vårt privatliv - Dagens Media
Translation
Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Madeleine and Chris shouldn't have to release a picture on their honeymoon. They shared their wedding with the world that should have been good enough. The honeymoon was their private time.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
If she wanted to control her honeymoon and the publicity, she should have published a photo of them on the first day. I don't think that she is so stupid that she didn't understand that the press would find them when they went to a place where William, Kate and the Beckhams have been before them. People in the island know that celebrities come there.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...23708615&pos=2
that is true, but i think maybe she wasn't expecting that and now she istrying to fight back. However, this is just my opinion and i am definitely not an expert on Princess Madeleine.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she is probably to busy in her honey moon for all this, she might had her PR doing all this!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

For sure, it's very likely she's sending her photos over to her PR to handle, case in point that one of her on the beach.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

IMO it's something completely different if you decide for yourself to post a private picture of yourself or if someone else is secretly taking pictures of you and selling them to gossip magazines. I can fully understand that Madeleine and Chris are annoyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch
I completely agree..

Old 06-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Commoner

At first I thought that photo the press released of them in their swimwear had to be an old one since Madeleine's hair seemed lighter, shorter and less sleek than it's been looking recently. Ha, some conspiracy theorist I am.

Now that pictures have come out, the media's interest is naturally going to wane. It's usually about being the first to break a story. The paper that released the pictures now has a contest for a trip to The Seychelles, but the winner probably won't get to stay at the same resort.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

Only a few people know where the couple went on their honeymoon or where they are going on their honeymoon. This is not something that the couple would share with everyone who is employed by the royal family.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

They should just leave.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

They should have gone to Cuba. Great beaches and friendly people, and not much chance of being hounded by paps.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait View Post
Now that pictures have come out, the media's interest is naturally going to wane. It's usually about being the first to break a story.
I'm guessing this is what Madeleine and Chris are hoping. I think releasing the photos is their way of fighting back, and I think it is a good idea. I hope it works.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos at today's Expressen
The cover
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...6-4ac0d49e7def
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...9-a98f7517fe3e

Madeleine and Chris have been photographed reading books, from quite close, since Expressen knows what books they are reading. Chris read ”Nemesis: The true story of Aristotle Onassis, Jackie O, and the love triangle that brought down the Kennedys” , and Madeleine read a book "Livet efter dig" (A Life after You), a rather dark and bitter history, where romance is lined with trauma and personal tragedies.
Unlike older sister Victoria the princess couple has been secretive with the trip. Victoria and Daniel celebrated their honeymoon on a paradise island in the South Pacific. They lined up at the interview and pictures.
- We have an amazing time, said the Crown Princess and her Prince to Expressen's reporter Malin Roos when they took a boat to a beach to meet her.
But although the court said that there would be interviews after the wedding Madeleine and Chris have stayed away. Only yesterday Expressen could publish beautiful outdoor pictures of how good they have it, but then the princess complained on tabloids on Facebook.
Den nya sidan av Madeleine och Chris Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 06-15-2013, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Good grief. No one should have to give interviews while on their honeymoon or have to worry about being papped. Is one thing to have to open up your wedding to the media and the public, its an entirely different thing to be expected to open up your honeymoon to the media and the public. Is the public really served by knowing what they read on the beach? What else does the public feel they need to know now, what they eat, what they wear to bed, how often they have sex??? Where does it end?
I bet if any poster here was on the receiving end of this crap they would be screaming blue bloody murder!!!
So much for past claims by some posters that the Swedish media only cover their royals when they are on official duties but leave them to the lead their private lives in private. Total BS. Expressen is obviously just as bad and malicious as anything London tabs could dish out.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Aristocracy

there are only so many 5 star super luxury resorts to go to in the Seychelles or fiji or Tahiti etc. so its really not hard to put camera man in these locales. the odds are one of them will be correct. unless Madeline or Chris actually knew someone that owned a private tropical island that no outsiders knew the comings and goings of of then youd have seclusion and privacy. but you go to one of these resorts and you will get spotted
Old 06-15-2013, 04:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
So much for past claims by some posters that the Swedish media only cover their royals when they are on official duties but leave them to the lead their private lives in private. Total BS. Expressen is obviously just as bad and malicious as anything London tabs could dish out.
I actually think this marks a new trend. Expressen has been a bit sleezier than Aftonbladet in the past, but this time they crossed the line. Up until now, most tabloids didn't publish paparazzi pics.

For what it's worth, our other tabloid Aftonbladet didn't post any pics of the royal couple. They wrote about the trip (after the location has been disclosed) and posted pics of the hotel and so on.

It will be really interesting to see how this will affect the royal familys relationship with the tabloids.

Tags
chris o'neill, current events, princess madeleine