Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, Princess Adrienne News 1: June 2014 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, those were sweet photos of the children with Heidi of Gotland. It's cute to see Leonore reunited with her little furry friend again.

From Princess Madeleine Facebook!!

"Happy Valentines Day from Leonore and Nicolas!
2764.png
"

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=e821a4366625ee269422926a7a2f3250&oe=5B202538

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5391749/Princess-Madeleine-shares-sweet-snap-children.html

Sweet Princess Leonore is 4th today!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfa2EkXn6xy/?taken-by=kungahuset
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18....re_4ar_(1)foto_Erika_Gerdemark_kungahuset.jpg

http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamil...ssanleonore4ar.5.419c8d9d16194a5766618da.html

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5414997/Portraits-Princess-Leonore-Sweden-turns-4.html

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such a charming photo of Leonore and Nicolas - they've grown up so much! It seems that they are close to one another which is cute to see. One can definitely see Leonore's lively personality here ?

Happy Birthday Princess Leonore.
She is so very pretty.:flowers:

Thanks for sharing these new images, Eya :flowers:
Lovely pictures. She's starting to resamble her mother more and more.
Happy Birthday, Princess Leonore.

Reactions: eya
Leonore is officially cute! ?

Those eyes... No wonder she has her dad wrapped firmly around her little finger. :D

Leonore is so cute and she looks a lot like Madeleine in these photos! Always nice to see her.

Last edited by a moderator:
One has to add Princess Adrienne to the title of the thread.

Adorable photos of Nicolas on the pony :flowers:

I love the pic of the horse checking on baby Adrienne, too sweet ?

Yes, seems time we need to add a name to the thread title.

Such sweet surprises! Nicolas looks like he is particularly enjoying his time with his horse.

Adrienne has the same type of eyes like her sister!

Madeleine's most recent post suggests that they are well aware of Leonore's behavior and how people talk about it. I think it is her way of saying, "she is her own person, let her be."

Must indeed be a response to Leonore's behavior during her sister's baptism. It's great that Madeleine highlights her daughter's character. However, given that she was made a princess, she should learn to behave like one outside the woods as well on those occassions when that is called for. The baptism is primarily a family event, so I am glad she wsbn't removed but it would be a relief for especially her parents if they would be able to teach her to behave a little bit better in public.

I wonder whether we will hear rather sooner than later (given that Leonore turned 4 in February, so at te latest in 2 years - assuming 6 is the offical age for formal schooling in Sweden) that the family will stay in London resulting in a non-Swedish schooling for the children and removal from the line of succession. Would that mean they would loose their styles of royal highnesses as well?

Last edited:
Must indeed be a response to Leonore's behavior during her sister's baptism. It's great that Madeleine highlights her daughter's character. However, given that she was made a princess, she should learn to behave like one outside the woods as well on those occassions when that is called for. The baptism is primarily a family event, so I am glad she wsbn't removed but it would be a relief for especially her parents if they would be able to teach her to behave a little bit better in public.

I wonder whether we will hear rather sooner than later (given that Leonore turned 4 in February, so at te latest in 2 years - assuming 6 is the offical age for formal schooling in Sweden) that the family will stay in London resulting in a non-Swedish schooling for the children and removal from the line of succession. Would that mean they would lose their styles of royal highnesses as well?

Even if she had not been made a princess, she should be taught to behave in public when needed as ordinary middle-class children are. Call me conservative if you want, but Leonore's behavior yesterday was far from cute or acceptable given her age.

On the issue of titles, no one has been removed yet from the line of succession since the adoption of the amended Act of Succession, so we don't have a clear indication of how titles would be handled should that occur. In the past, when (male) princes of the Royal House forfeited their succession rights, they lost the titles of "prince of Sweden" and "duke of [xxx]" and also lost the style of "Royal Highness".

The Marshal of the Court clearly stated when Leonor was born that Madeleine's children would have to move permanently to Sweden by the time they reach school age (around 6 years old in most countries) to conform to the Act of Succession. Madeleine, however, has been making an effort to give Leonor a "Swedish upbring". Not only does she apparently speak Swedish, but she has been de facto attending Swedish preschools on a part-time basis while she is physically in Sweden. I assume that is a sign Madeleine intends to fight to keep her children's royal title and styles. We will have to wait and see how that will unfold in the future though.

Last edited:
I think this was damage control from Madeleine. She has seen the headlines and photos in articles about yesterday, and especially seen the many screenshots in social media. So she published a photo of Leonore hoping that it would take the attention away from her behaviour in the christening. She knows that the press publishes the photo and it will be copied in social media. As a mother, Madeleine as the right to defend and support her child.

I've read some of the preparatory work that lead up to the changes in the line of succession in 1979 where it's quite explicitly stated that anyone in said line of succession should hold the title of Prince/Princess and HRH because of tradition. Therefore, this is my interpretation, if you're removed from it you would loose your titles. Though as other's have stated in the forums it would make no sense to first go through all this pomp and circumstances involving duchies, christening gifts (at times highly controversial in the duchies) of they don't intend to keep these titles atleast until adulthood.
Who knows, maybe the inquiry by the Constitutional Committee regarding, among others, the future form under which the Royal House will operate will solve this issue sooner than we think.

This photo hae been copied from Adrienne's godmother Anouska d'Abo's private Instagram account. So very likely she didn't want it to be published in free accounts.
I agree. It's a lovely picture but obviously not meant for public use. Madeleine is very generous with sharing pictures of her family so no need to share ones intended to stay private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom