The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Nicolas is a copy of his father. He resembles Christopher O'Neill a lot. I don't see any lineaments of Madeleine and her family.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

New picture of Prince Nicolas:

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMad...type=3&theater

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^ cute.

Here's another picture of Princess Madeleine strolling with her kids in Stockholm today.

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-1-700x476.jpg
Old 09-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Gentry

Omg how cute is the one with the horse
Old 09-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
very cute picture
Old 09-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Awww!

I'm guessing that Nicolas is more fond of ponies than his big sister.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Leonore

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMad...type=3&theater

Quote:
The fall is here!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^ I knew that Madeleine would also sooner or later release a photo of her kids for the fall time!
Old 10-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
^^^ I knew that Madeleine would also sooner or later release a photo of her kids for the fall time!
Madeleine definitely enjoys the spotlight and having herself and her kids being awarded full royal status even though they are only 6th, 7th and 8th respectively in the line of succession. It is ironic how she wants to have a private life with her family in London and be a glamorous princess when it suits her.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

She uses her facebook page to promote the work she is doing for her charity. Right below that post is the post on her article in time magazine about child sexual abuse.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Madeleine definitely enjoys the spotlight and having herself and her kids being awarded full royal status even though they are only 6th, 7th and 8th respectively in the line of succession. It is ironic how she wants to have a private life with her family in London and be a glamorous princess when it suits her.
that is the view that many people take on madeleine. i also find it somewhat confusing....

my guess is that the pictures she publishes of leonore and nicholas in the gardens are taken in their private (probably communal, as they all are in her area of london) garden that comes with their house in london for the use of their residents. who knows, maybe it is her way of allowing her kids to have some privacy, as if she publishes pictures the papparazzi will leave her alone. yet again, i doubt most people in london know who she is so they probably can leave a fairly private life.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt that the paparazzi in London would even bother with Madeleine's kids. There are so many more people in London that would bring more money for their photos.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I only partly agree with you here. I think Madeleine enjoys glam events as she has always been used to it.Fair enough. The issue of the titles of her kids is a totally different matter, which should not be discussed here, and of which I have my own opinion. I think that she is doing what other royals are doing in regards of giving photos of her children: rather than being papped or having her kinds's pics taken unwanted, she prefers to release some pics on her own. I can't blame her, and I think this the best controlled manner to expose her children, without being harrassed by paparazzis. If she can do so by using facebook, why not?
I agree with you on her "having the cake and eating it too", but I also think that it would be difficult to find a better solution as the things stand right now, particularly as they have been since her wedding.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I only partly agree with you here. I think Madeleine enjoys glam events as she has always been used to it.Fair enough. The issue of the titles of her kids is a totally different matter, which should not be discussed here, and of which I have my own opinion. I think that she is doing what other royals are doing in regards of giving photos of her children: rather than being papped or having her kinds's pics taken unwanted, she prefers to release some pics on her own. I can't blame her, and I think this the best controlled manner to expose her children, without being harrassed by paparazzis. If she can do so by using facebook, why not?
I agree with you on her "having the cake and eating it too", but I also think that it would be difficult to find a better solution as the things stand right now, particularly as they have been since her wedding.

Is there any evidence that the paparazzi are out there to take pictures of Nicolas and Leonore, or that they even bother about them ? I don't think so.

Releasing photos of your children is a common practice for senior royals, but it is not so common for collateral branches of the current royal families. The Danish royal court releases pictures of Joachim's children, but, elsewhere, we don't get frequent pictures of Constantijn's kids, or Laurent's, or even of Edward's and Sophie's. Granted that Carl Philip and Sofia also release pictures of their son, but at least Carl Philip lives in Sweden and seems to be taking up more official royal engagements than his younger sister. The contradiction in my opinion is that the O'Neill family is supposed to be a private family, but Madeleine still wants her children not only to be treated as full members of the Royal House, but also to be public figures in line with their cousins.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is there any evidence that the paparazzi are out there to take pictures of Nicolas and Leonore, or that they even bother about them ? I don't think so.

Releasing photos of your children is a common practice for senior royals, but it is not so common for collateral branches of the current royal families. The Danish royal court releases pictures of Joachim's children, but, elsewhere, we don't get frequent pictures of Constantijn's kids, or Laurent's, or even of Edward's and Sophie's. Granted that Carl Philip and Sofia also release pictures of their son, but at least Carl Philip lives in Sweden and seems to taking up more official royal engagements than his younger sister. The contradiction in my opinion is that the O'Neill family is supposed to be a private family, but Madeleine still wants her children not only to be treated as full members of the Royal House, but also to be public figures in line with their cousins.
First question: I would not underestimate the paps, if that the correct phrasing.When Madeleine was pregnant (and even after) with Leonore, there was a photo of her out and about almost every week. Granted, it was not London, but New York, still. And don't forget the shots of her kids while on holiday.

The bolded part made me laugh. Is Carl philip really working so much more than his sister? He seems to have changed his schedule only after he got married, and quite slightly imo, if you take away the joint engagements
with his wife. Plus, he is higher that Madeleine in the royal sucession order.

About royal life versus private one, I agree with you. I think the matter is much more complicated since they family seems "split" in two. On one hand, we have Madeleine, a princess in her own right,; on the other, a man who rejected a title, and thus, a private person. How should things be sorted out? I'll give my humble opinion here: Madeleine and Chris should have thought about a solution before getting married, and before having children. Now, they both are trying to compromise, but it isn't working so great. But, I'll repeat, this belongs to another thread.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
First question: I would not underestimate the paps, if that the correct phrasing.When Madeleine was pregnant (and even after) with Leonore, there was a photo of her out and about almost every week. Granted, it was not London, but New York, still. And don't forget the shots of her kids while on holiday.
I know for a fact that there are paparazzi out there looking for them on a regular basis in London.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I know for a fact that there are paparazzi out there looking for them on a regular basis in London.
Thak you. I don't know where the idea of Madeleine not been chased by paparazzi comes from
Old 10-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Majesty

for the royal fans who are also Game of thrones watchers, i thought you may enjoy hearing that gotland may be chosen as a filming destination. as you all know gotland is leonore's duchy. the article below mentions how other filming locations have turned into tourist destinations, so GOT filming in gotland may help with the duchy's economy if chosen.

HBO considering filming Game of Thrones in Gotland, Sweden
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-31-2016, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery of Leonore at Dana Press
ROYAL: SPEZIAL Prinzessin Leonores Steckbrief
Old 01-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas wish a happy new year:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Princess...87555264715245