Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like there's a double standard going on between how CP and Sofia are treated, and how Madeleine and Chris are perceived.

So supposedly princess Madeline is supposedly moving in with her millionaire financier boyfriend and the queen is supposedly shocked plus supposedly the princess does not wish to return to Sweden in order to attend to her dister's duties when she goes into labor. This is supposedly what is happening. Could this be true? I don't know but I don't know if Madeline would ever act like this?

I really do wonder what is going through the minds of Swedish media, Sofia was referred to as an unofficial member of the Swedish Royal House while meeting the Finnish Head of state and treated as a Representative Sweden and not fuss is made of it, CP joins her charity, and she does things connected to one of his, Sofia moves in with CP and helps him renovate both his farm house but my god how dare she take Chris? While I don't think bring him along was the best idea, it is the least of problems in the royal family.

It's probably because of this hypocrisy with CP and Sofia that Madeline wants to move in with Chris and stay in the US. Frankly, I don't blame her! I would do the same.

I'm glad she brought Chris with her. It's her way of showing her family that you cannot have one rule with one child and another rule for another child, especially when two are adults.

CrownPrincessJava said:
It's probably because of this hypocrisy with CP and Sofia that Madeline wants to move in with Chris and stay in the US. Frankly, I don't blame her! I would do the same.

I'm glad she brought Chris with her. It's her way of showing her family that you cannot have one rule with one child and another rule for another child, especially when two are adults.

I completely agree with you about that. I would have done the same too. But we have to remember that we don't know what's really happening. We only know about the "media version".

Last edited:
Well, it seems to be obvious, that Madeleine is not intending to come back to Sweden soon. If she even does not return supporting her sister, while the new heir will be born, this is a strong message. And I can understand Queen Silvia, if she is everything, but not happy with this situation.
I undertstand Madeleine, too... if Chris is the love of her life (hope she did it better this time), she wants to stay with him.
But a healthy balance between here and there, Sweden and NY, this would have been the diplomatic compromise. Sad, that she seems to see this different.

BYe Bine

The SRF seems pretty disfunctional to me, the adults playing childish games or taking decisions while wearing family preference glasses, and not professional glasses, what should be the case.

Everybody seems to do what they want and nobody seems to hold the reigns strong in terms of a professional public image. Silvia & CG seem clueless parents at this stage - probably because they dont even agree with each other anymore or hardly speak.

Even in normal families, its rule No 1 to treat every child the same, if Sofia is welcome in the family, so should be Chris. And if Sofia attends events with CP, why not Chris. I would be annoyed, too.

The future must be, either work for your country or your are out. Its a trend that will be forced upon all royal houses. My prediction is that Madeleine & CP will be the last crop of spares who are allowed to take the priviledges for granted.

I think it is pretty unfair to judge any situation when all one has is gossip, media speculation and particular with no real response from how the family feels or how Madeleine really feels. Truth is none of us know anything.

Madeleine maybe royalty, she might appear to be the spoiled youngest, yet I see it no reason to judge her on her personal life. She is still a person with feelings, a grown woman who deserves to be respected for privacy. It's clear she takes Childhood Foundation seriously. If she didn't I don't think she would be working at it.

I am sure everyone can agree people deserve their private life, not everything you hear in tabloids is true and I can almost guarantee that Madeleine probably doesn't read here or the tabloids unless it's serious. All this has done is try and make her character seem less than it is, but it's only judging it from the outside not the inside. That until you know a person for who they are despite titles you'll never know anything more than that.

While it is true she hasn't been home to Sweden, she has been home a few times, past holiday, maybe the summer. I can't say it doesn't make her look the best but then again I do not know her as a person all I see is her in pictures. A picture can tell you a thousand words, but Madeleine hasn't said anything about how she feels and it's her right. Chris appears to be a good person, but I don't know him either. If you love someone then make it your own.

Perhaps in her own time she will go home again. The family seems to pull together in times of issues, from what I've ever watched they seem like a family and that above all things shouldn't be forgotten--they are a family, royal or not.

I can understand the impulse to want to rebel because of the hypocrisy (who doesn't hate it when one sibling gets special treatment?) but there is a good reasons why boy/girlfriends aren't brought along. It may seem harsh that they can't bring someone important to them along to accompany them but a boyfriend aren't members of the royal family and they don't represent them either. And if you want to keep your private life private you can't have an official boyfriend that's why they aren't suppose to be knowledge by the court. Publicly commenting (and joint appearance is a form of comment) would weaken their argument the boundaries of where what is public and what is private start and end. If what Madeleine desires is more privacy then the last thing she should have done is to bring Chris along.

Moving in together is a different matter, as long as she doesn't talk about it will remain a private choice. CP and Sofia on the other hand making everything up to the public having the court talk about Sofia, and talking to the press about moving into together, they even posed for a photo outside their home:bang:. The court needs to make some serious changes, a new PR person who knows what they are doing and a new spokes person who doesn't comment on private things at the very least.

I think it is pretty unfair to judge any situation when all one has is gossip, media speculation and particular with no real response from how the family feels or how Madeleine really feels. Truth is none of us know anything.

Madeleine maybe royalty, she might appear to be the spoiled youngest, yet I see it no reason to judge her on her personal life. She is still a person with feelings, a grown woman who deserves to be respected for privacy. It's clear she takes Childhood Foundation seriously. If she didn't I don't think she would be working at it.

I am sure everyone can agree people deserve their private life, not everything you hear in tabloids is true and I can almost guarantee that Madeleine probably doesn't read here or the tabloids unless it's serious. All this has done is try and make her character seem less than it is, but it's only judging it from the outside not the inside. That until you know a person for who they are despite titles you'll never know anything more than that.

While it is true she hasn't been home to Sweden, she has been home a few times, past holiday, maybe the summer. I can't say it doesn't make her look the best but then again I do not know her as a person all I see is her in pictures. A picture can tell you a thousand words, but Madeleine hasn't said anything about how she feels and it's her right. Chris appears to be a good person, but I don't know him either. If you love someone then make it your own.

Perhaps in her own time she will go home again. The family seems to pull together in times of issues, from what I've ever watched they seem like a family and that above all things shouldn't be forgotten--they are a family, royal or not.

I totally agree with you.

In Aftonbladet:
Exclusive
Madde lives with Chris
They have lived together in secret for months
http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/special/ettan/ettan_vnav.jpg?201211811b1

According to the finnish press quoting Aftonbladet and Expressen during the week, Madeleine and Chris have been seeking a bigger apartment for a long time. And now they found a great five-room apartment and will move there during the next two weeks. Iltalehti also told that Madeleine and Chris were invited to the wedding of Madde´s friend last weekend. But they didn´t come. Jonas and Stephanie were at the wedding.

Last edited:
i don't beleive this in the next two week she should come to see the new born baby

I think she will come home to see the newborn baby. I doubt she will wait until Easter.

Court´s informationschef, Bertil Ternert confirmed to Aftonbladet, that Madeleine and Chris have lived in the same address for a quite long time. Accorcing to Aftonbladet´s sources they moved together in November. From the blog of Jenny Alexandersson in Aftonbladet:
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris är sambos « Hovbloggen

Last edited:
I don't think he's really handsome - but if he's nice that's all that really counts. He has a vague resemblance to Clive Owen (who weighs far less and is taller). I wonder if she's really over the former fiance - that's a ton of baggage there. Not easy to let go of one's first love, especially if met during one's teens, as it seems that was the case with her.

A very wise someone told me once that we are always caught in the aura of our first love's kiss. I believe that is true - and it would be especially true so close on the heels of one's first love. Transition guy.

I would be VERY surprised if Princess Madeline would not come home right when the baby is born.....

Aftonbladet has put the story of Madeleine and Chris living together to it´s website.

Madeleine and Chris have lived together in an apartment in Manhattan since November.
"Both the king and queen have understood that it's serious between Madeleine and Chris. In late January, he followed the princess to a royal representative task in the Carnegie Hall - a clear statement from Madeleine. Prince Daniel, for example, wasn´t seen in official contexts until the engagement with Crown Princess Victoria in 2009.
That the court now also confirms that Madeleine and Chris are cohabiting suggests that the American financier may soon become part of the Swedish royal family.
- This definitely shows that it is very serious. Now I do not think that it is impossible that there will be engagement in a year or two, says royal expert Roger Lundgren".

The article also tells that until year a ago Chris was an employee at Steinberg Asset Management on 48th Street and Park Avenue. Today he is a partner in a firm that manages hedge funds and he travels frequently to London for work.
Flyttade ihop – i hemlighet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
They you guys is it me or I am just over thinking this picture of Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Chris O'Nell. Is Princess Madeleine look sad in this picture of them at a event for the Swedish National Youth Orchestra at Carnegie Hall in New York City.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h836mc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They you guys is it me or I am just over thinking this picture of Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Chris O'Nell. Is Princess Madeleine look sad in this picture of them at a event for the Swedish National Youth Orchestra at Carnegie Hall in New York City.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h836mc.jpg
She looks serious, not sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like she is trying avoid the glare of cameras and photographers, serious perhaps but not sad.

Now that Victoria´s healthy daughter is born I wonder how things will develop between Madeleine and Chris. Maybe an engagement after the baptism?
I think Chris in the latest photos looks puffy and worn-out. Jonas is/was at least good looking.....

"More than a passing resemblance"? I see no resemblance between Chris and Jonas at all, as the Daily Mail thinks.

"More than a passing resemblance"? I see no resemblance between Chris and Jonas at all, as the Daily Mail thinks.

It is maybe less the bones structure, but the fact, that they are both (brown-haired) business-men with the aura of success.
BYe Bine

LadyFinn, what friction is the article referring to. ?

Her relationship with Chris by the reading of the headline. Probably involves money as well, and her "living" in NY.

LadyFinn, what friction is the article referring to. ?

Finnish Iltasanomat writes about the story in Klick!
The king and the queen are worried about Madeleine, about the criticism of her not working enough for her royal status. They would like everyone to focus on the little princess and they don´t want negative headlines, tells Jenny Alexandersson. The king and the queen didn´t care about that some people criticized the name of Estelle, but it is different with the criticism towards Madeleine.
Madeleine has explained her being away from Sweden by saying that she is working in Childhood. But according to newest information, she doesn´t spent so much time in Childhood as she says.
- Only few people know, how much Madeleine is seen at work. She doesn´t thrive there as much as she makes people believe. She lives a luxurious life with Chris, sits in coffee houses and classy restaurants, tells a source to Klick!.
Ruotsissa ihmetellään: Käykö Madeleine ollenkaan töissä? - Ilta-Sanomat

Last edited:
:previous:
That article isn't going to do Princess Madeleine any favours. What with the already existing criticism of her work ethics (or lack of them), people are bound to ask more questions of what precisely her role for and in the country is. And if she doesn't have a role, why does she receive money from the King?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom