Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagMil

Heir Presumptive
City
Skopje
Country
Macedonia
The wedding of Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill will take place on Saturday, June 8, 2013 in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace.

Ha, ha, ha, I guessed well!

The wedding of Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill will take place on Saturday, June 8, 2013 in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace.

Perfect! It's one day after my birthday. So I can't forget the date. ;)

Right after the National Day 6th June, so the happy couple and the rest of the royal family will have busy days.

Bertil Ternert says that the royal couple, in consultation with the couple decided the place and date. Further details about the wedding will be updated regularly until the big day.
Datumet klart – då gifter sig Chris och Madeleine Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

And to Aftonbladet Ternert tells that Madeleine has self chosen the date and that they are very happy and waiting for the wedding. Royal expert Roger Lundgren says that they chose that date has primarily to do with almost all the weddings in the Bernadotte dynasty took place in June and they wanted to have a summer wedding. He thinks the Archbishop Anders Wejryd together with the Head of the Royal Court Parish will be the priests.
There is currently also no information on where the wedding party takes place.
- It will probably be at Drottningholm. It will not be like Victoria and Daniel's wedding, perhaps a third as large with a different guest list than in Victoria's and Daniel's wedding, they had to invite certain people at their wedding, as always when a future head of state gets married. There will of course be the royals there, but maybe not so many kings and queens, but more princes and princesses, says Lundgren.
Då ska prinsessan Madeleine gifta sig Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Perfect date and place IMO. I am really looking forward to the wedding and I am dying to see Madeleine in her wedding dress. I am sure she will be a beautiful and happy bride.

I don't know about Sweden, but here in Finland the 1st June is summer, for me 15th May is already summer...

I had predicted a June wedding too.
I do hope she'll have royal bridesmaids/boys, but I doubt it as I can't recall her having any royal godchildren like her sister. Isabella & Sverre sure would have been adorable as flower girl and ring bearer though :wub:

Last edited:
So glad it's on my weekend off. Now I can watch it all via the web.

Another June wedding for the Swedish. Look forward to this celebration. I imagine it will not be on the scale of Victoria's, but I do hope we have a few Royals invited.

I do hope she'll have royal godchildren, but I doubt it as I can't recall her having any royal godchildren like her sister.
As far as I know the only godchild Madeleine has is one of her cousin Patrik Sommerlath's children.

Another royal wedding! Hooray! I know that Madeleine will be a beautiful bride. And, The Swedish Royal Family has already shown that they know how to do things outstandingly well! I hope that there are lots of royals there dressed to the nines! :)

A royal wedding for 2013! Swedish royals announce the date when Princess Madeleine will marry her 'soulmate', British-American banker Chris O'Neill
After 12 months of royal revelry that was the Queen's Jubilee year and the excitement of Wills and Kate's wedding, the people of Britain - and the world - have been rather overcome with a new fondness for all things royal. So we can expect more than the usual eager anticipation at the news that Princess Madeleine of Sweden will this summer marry the man she calls her soulmate, British-born banker Christopher O'Neill. The 30-year-old princess and her 38-year-old fiance will wed on 8 June in the church inside Stockholm's gilded royal palace, its opulent interior cast in Carrara marble with sweeping staircases, and ornate columns.

Will Madeleine have to wear the same ugly tiara that Victoria wore for her wedding?

You mean the Cameo Tiara?
Madeline doesn't have to wear anything; she will choose the tiara that she likes the best or the one that suits her most.

On the other hand, the Cameo Tiara has been worn by several generation of Swedish royal ladies for their wedding days - Princess Birgitta, Princess Desiree, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria - so it's quite possible Madeleine opts to continue the tradition.

I must admit, I'm not a fan of The Cameo Tiara either. It's not so much that it is a big gun (I adore The Poltimore Tiara and like The Luxembourg Empire Tiara when it's worn right) as it is that there's too much to focus and look at. It's just too much. I hope Madeleine will opt for another tiara.

Archduchess Zelia said:
I must admit, I'm not a fan of The Cameo Tiara either. It's not so much that it is a big gun (I adore The Poltimore Tiara and like The Luxembourg Empire Tiara when it's worn right) as it is that there's too much to focus and look at. It's just too much. I hope Madeleine will opt for another tiara.

I dont care for the cameo tiara at all either.

I had to chuckle because June 8 is my birthday AND my 28th wedding anniversary! :lol:

Wow the Swedish Royal Family seems to LOVE June weddings! lol Congrats to Madeleine and Chris! Can't wait to watch!

Wow the Swedish Royal Family seems to LOVE June weddings! lol
Not just the royal family, June is the third most popular month for weddings in Sweden, July and August are more popular, but many Swedes have their summer holidays in July and early August, and it would cost extra and maybe be difficult to have the security and other necessary arrangements when it comes to a royal wedding then. Late May and June are also often perfect when it comes to the weather here and during that period the nature is usually at its best with lots of plants in bloom, hopefully the lilacs will be at their best when Madeleine is getting married.

They're pretty popular in the US too - June to August is considered "wedding season". I didn't realize it was the same in Europe.

And in Poland there is a proverb: "Wedding in May, a grave is prepared":lol:
In Armenia (as well as Russia and probably most post-Soviet countries), they say brides who marry in May will be unhappy for the rest of your life. There is even a proverb "в мае жениться – всю жизнь маяться" (roughly translated, "marry in may, suffer for the rest of your life"). Mind you, my parents married in may and they'll soon be celebrating their 35th anniversary, so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom