Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I must say, he handled that pretty well.

Handled well, while walking against red lights?

Bertil Ternert has told to Expressen why Olle and Ewa Westling are not among the invited guests:
- Their names are not on the guest list because they want to be helpful and take care of Estelle, says Bertil Ternert.
Johan T Lindwall tells of the relations between the royal couple and the royal children's spouses' parents in general:
- Silvia met Chris O'Neill's mother after three months in Manhattan. The king and queen met Prince Daniel's parents only after eight years.
Princess Estelle has, since shortly after his birth, had a nanny, Elisabeth Zimmermann, who takes care of her. And any other form of child care than just Grandma and Grandpa seems to get even tomorrow:
- It will not just be Prince Daniel's parents who take care of Estelle. They should rather be there as preparedness, says Bertil Ternert.
Swedish Damtidning's Johanna Lejon thinks Olle and Eva Westling themselves have been reluctant to participate in the wedding festivities:
- Olle and Eva Westling are very particular about their private life. I simply do not believe that they feel so comfortable in this situation and in situations like this, she says.
Därför kommer inte Daniels föräldrar | Prinsessbröllopet | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

This is ridiculous, both from Ternert and Johanna Lejon. The Westlings handled the media fuss and cameras at their son's wedding with Victoria brilliantly, surely they would manage in this wedding, where they are not in the limelight.
Ternert refers that Olle and Ewa are not capable of taking care of Estelle alone, they need someone else there too...

I noticed that Elisabeth Zimmerman is invited to the wedding (only the ceremony in the church, I guess). Since Victoria and Daniel are going to be there, it might be possible that Olle and Ewa offered to take care of her during the day. Like you said, Lady Finn, they can handle the spotlight well, but doesn't seem that interested in it.

I am sad to see that there are not many royals really for this wedding -- yes, I know she is the third child of the king and its not an important wedding really according to some. In the end, she is still the daughter of a king and I would assume that there would be more representatives in the royals department than just four or so families! It saddens me.

Will Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding be like this or will he get more because he is the only son and second child of the king?

Bertil Ternert has told to Expressen why Olle and Ewa Westling are not among the invited guests:
- Their names are not on the guest list because they want to be helpful and take care of Estelle, says Bertil Ternert.
Johan T Lindwall tells of the relations between the royal couple and the royal children's spouses' parents in general:
- Silvia met Chris O'Neill's mother after three months in Manhattan. The king and queen met Prince Daniel's parents only after eight years.
Princess Estelle has, since shortly after his birth, had a nanny, Elisabeth Zimmermann, who takes care of her. And any other form of child care than just Grandma and Grandpa seems to get even tomorrow:
- It will not just be Prince Daniel's parents who take care of Estelle. They should rather be there as preparedness, says Bertil Ternert.
Swedish Damtidning's Johanna Lejon thinks Olle and Eva Westling themselves have been reluctant to participate in the wedding festivities:
- Olle and Eva Westling are very particular about their private life. I simply do not believe that they feel so comfortable in this situation and in situations like this, she says.
Därför kommer inte Daniels föräldrar | Prinsessbröllopet | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

This is ridiculous, both from Ternert and Johanna Lejon. The Westlings handled the media fuss and cameras at their son's wedding with Victoria brilliantly, surely they would manage in this wedding, where they are not in the limelight.
Ternert refers that Olle and Ewa are not capable of taking care of Estelle alone, they need someone else there too...

I do think he handled the questioning pretty well.

I noticed that Elisabeth Zimmerman is invited to the wedding (only the ceremony in the church, I guess). Since Victoria and Daniel are going to be there, it might be possible that Olle and Ewa offered to take care of her during the day. Like you said, Lady Finn, they can handle the spotlight well, but doesn't seem that interested in it.

It could be true that Olle and Ewa wanted to be with Estelle, Ternert could just have said: They want to spend time with their granddaughter. But Ternert always babbles something stupid like now that there are other people too and like Olle and Ewa can't manage as just the two of them. Ternert can't be respectful to people. I didn't see Elisabeth Zimmermann's name at the official guest list, but maybe those who work for the royal family aren't there.

Where is Sofia?

What do you mean? She is probably home and will be at the Grand Hotel dinner this evening, and she is invited to the wedding tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean? She is probably home and will be at the Grand Hotel dinner this evening, and she is invited to the wedding tomorrow.

I didn't see pictures of her arriving at this event! That is all.

It could be true that Olle and Ewa wanted to be with Estelle, Ternert could just have said: They want to spend time with their granddaughter. But Ternert always babbles something stupid like now that there are other people too and like Olle and Ewa can't manage as just the two of them. Ternert can't be respectful to people. I didn't see Elisabeth Zimmermann's name at the official guest list, but maybe those who work for the royal family aren't there.

I doble checked. She - and lots of other employees of the Royal Court - was included on the list that Aftonbladet published earlier this week. She's not on the list that the Court published today. Strange that a whole category of people (court employees) are missing on the later version.

And since Bertil Ternert is who he is, he has spoken totally differently to Aftonbladet:

There might be no wedding to Princess Estelle. While mom and dad the crown princess and the prince party in the Royal Chapel and at the Drottningholm Palace gets the little princess stay home at Haga Palace. Everything depends on how princess Estelle feels and the decision will be taken at the last moment.
- We do not know yet if she will attend, it depends on what the princess's parents decide. But we have not written anything on the calendar yet, says Bertil Ternert.

If Princess Estelle stays home, she has already sitters clear: Prince Daniel's parents Olle and Eva Westling. None of them is written on the wedding guest list that Aftonbladet wrote on Wednesday. According to Bertil Ternert it is because they are ready to take care of Estelle. But there is a possibility that both Prince Daniel's parents and Princess Estelle will attend the ceremony.
- We'll see how it goes, the princess is with on certain activities. Much depends on how she feels, she's only a year and a half old, says Ternert.
Prinsessan kan missa bröllopet Bröllopet Aftonbladet

I didn't see pictures of her arriving at this event! That is all.

Those guests have been arriving, who stay at the hotel during the wedding. Sofia of course arrives from her home to the dinner which starts at 19.00. Or maybe she arrives with the royal family from the Royal Palace, we will see.

I have thought for years that the Swedes need a new press secretary or chief information officer. Ternert has no idea what he's doing or saying. Please take notes from Denmark or Britain. Theirs is the best I've seen. I think Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton could handle just about anything and teach Ternert a thing or two.

The guests and the Royal Family should arrive at 18:00/18:30 right? Since it starts at 19:00...if so, then we're almost there!

Will some site stream live of today's festivities? At least the guests arriving to the dinner?

The guests and the Royal Family should arrive at 18:00/18:30 right? Since it starts at 19:00...if so, then we're almost there!

Will some site stream live of today's festivities? At least the guests arriving to the dinner?

There will be official photographers inside the Grand Hotel to take photos of the guests arriving.
I think both Aftonbladet and Expressen will have a Live-TV outside the Grand Hotel, we have an own thread to the dinner.

The king, queen, Victoria and Carl Philip were today at the Royal Palace and the Royal Chapel at the rehearsal. Carl Philip arrived very late, he came from the Solvalla motor track where he and the king were watching the test session of STCC. The king and Daniel have not been seen there, and not Sofia Hellqvist.

Carl Philip leaving the Royal Palace
http://media.shootitlive.com/QV06ZZH8kufdousmGL3nV3Xiu7q/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1425

Last edited:
Why would anyone expect Madeleine to invite her sisters in laws to her wedding? The Westlings are not members of the SRF and are not related to either Madeleine or Chris. Honestly it looks like people are looking to make problems out of thin air.

Why would anyone expect Madeleine to invite her sisters in laws to her wedding? The Westlings are not members of the SRF and are not related to either Madeleine or Chris. Honestly it looks like people are looking to make problems out of thin air.

Daniel's sister Anna Westling Söderström and her husband are invited. Most of the royal experts were sure earlier, the Olle and Ewa Westling will be invited, because they are the parents of a member of the Royal Family.

Photo gallery of Chris and Carl Philip partying last night
Pian entinen poikamies Chris biletti Tukholman yössä Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

:previous:

And to me. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to be so negative about this couple apart from the fact he is not Swedish, Noble, or Swedish speaking; not taking any money; not taking a title and plans to continue their lives together in the US. Oh yes, and he doesn't smile a lot. ;)

There will be official photographers inside the Grand Hotel to take photos of the guests arriving.
I think both Aftonbladet and Expressen will have a Live-TV outside the Grand Hotel, we have an own thread to the dinner.
Thank you! Now is just wait. I'm watching Tennis Semi-final Djokovi VS Nadal, so it helps the time goes faster.;)

First: I truly hope that this couple is happy together and has a long and happy marriage.

Second: I agree that no one outside of a relationship can really know what goes on between a couple, and yes, I know a lot of people who are happy together but I look at them and wonder "what on earth makes that one work?" and yet it does.

Third: Chris O'Neill may well be the type of quiet, reserved man who does not bubble over with happiness in public. In the engagement pictures he certainly looked very stolid -- compared to the engagement pictures of William and Kate, for instance.

Fourth: I'm not too fussed about who does the wedding dress; Queen Maxima of the Netherlands also had Valentino do her dress and it was beautiful for her and perfect for the occasion.

Now. Having said all that, I am certainly entitled to my own reactions and impressions and to me Chris looks like a very tough cookie -- American slang for somebody who's demanding and wants everything on their own terms. I get that feeling from the pictures of him with Madeleine and the royal family, as if he calls the tune in their entire relationship. In the pictures I saw of him at Swedish National Day he looked like he not only didn't want to be there himself, but didn't get why anybody was bothering with it. Most of us who are not master-of-the-universe hedge-fund managers are expected, when we don't want to attend a party but have to anyway, to make nice and enjoy ourselves.

the language issue bugs me, too. Sure, we Yanks love our own language, but jeez, if you're marrying somebody who comes from another country wouldn't you want to make some effort to learn their language? At least a little bit of it?

I hope it works out for them both, I really do, but I can certainly see having some misgivings.

Some of the guests told to Svensk Damtidning what they are going to wear at the wedding:

Vicky Andrén, the fiancée of Gustaf Magnuson
- she is wearing a dress designed by Lars Wallin. He has designed 8 dresses to the wedding (some of them are Madeleine’s friends and some the king’s and queen’s)
Countess Marianne Bernadotte
- Because I have loaned all my gala dresses to the summer exhibition “Haute Couture från Paris” in the Östergötlands Museum, I’m going probably loan a dress from Fadi el Khoury
Ylwa Westerberg, the wife of the Speaker of the Parliament
- I’m going to have a powder rose dress from Milagro de Nahrin. It has bare shoulders. The dress has feathers and sequins. That’s is why I have only a little jewellery. I haven’t chosen the shoes yet, they should be both beautiful and good to wear.
Princess Birgitta
- I have had a dress chosen from January. It has been sewn here in Mallorca, but I’m not going to tell how it looks, it shall be a surprise
Countess Gunnila Bernadotte
- I will wear the dress I had the day before Victoria’s and Daniel’s wedding at the dinner and concert. It is done by Thalia. It is grey silk with an overlay of red and grey flowers
Frida Bergström, the fiancée of Victor Magnuson
- I’m just trying to choose. I have appropriate dresses: a long champagne coloured from Malene Birger, a grey one from Malina, or perhaps a cerise one…
Barbro Holmberg, the governor of the Gävleborg County
- I have been invited only to the church, so I chose a short silvery dress, and a cobalt coloured hat.
Nina Eldh, the former director of the press department
- I have been invited only to the church, I will have a dress of a shade of green, with a magnolia coloured coat, and a coiffé from the best modist in Skåne, Huvudsaken in Skillinge.

Whats the forecast like for Stockholm tomorrow,I hope its sunny and warm like Eire (26C today).

Whats the forecast like for Stockholm tomorrow,I hope its sunny and warm like Eire (26C today).

The weather should be sunny, about 20-22C in Stockholm tomorrow, to Sunday it is predicted rain.

I am surprised that at the wedding will not be present Princess Benedikte's husband Princes Richard and childrens: Prince Gustav (with his lovely girlfriend Carina), Princess Alexandra with her husband and Princess Natalia also with her husband... For me more would be expected that there won't be Wassex than their.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom