Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind if Chris doesn't speak swedish at all. I see no special value in that he learns some sentences in swedish and puts them in his speech. What he wants to say to his bride, he can say in english, since they are speaking english with eachother.

Do you guys think that because of prince philip's hospitilisation the earl and countess of wessex will cancel their appearance at the royal wedding?

Do you guys think that because of prince philip's hospitilisation the earl and countess of wessex will cancel their appearance at the royal wedding?

I hope not. My best guess is that they will attend, as long as the DoE's condition doesn't get worse over the next 48 hours.

Unless the Duke's condition gets worse or after this operation its clear there are problems I doubt they would cancel but I suspect if they can maybe Edward and Sophie will make a quiet visit before they leave. maybe cut short their time in Sweden and not stay over night.

Unless the Duke's condition gets worse or after this operation its clear there are problems I doubt they would cancel but I suspect if they can maybe Edward and Sophie will make a quiet visit before they leave. maybe cut short their time in Sweden and not stay over night.

They saw and talked to Prince Philip today. The operation is tomorrow and no one will visit him (except maybe the Queen) post op - he'll be either asleep or resting. The wedding is Saturday - I think they will go as planned. BRF don't normally change plans unless it is really serious. Have a look at the pix on the BRF current events site of HMQ and DoE at todays Garden Party. You would never know he had an operation in the offing!

According to Expressen and Aftonbladet, there is a party for friends of Chris and Madeleine this night. They get started rather late, since the reception at the Royal Palace is just ending.

I would imagine Edward and Sophie would really only cancel their attendance if Philip had passed away. The BRF are one for protocol and "keep calm and carry on" and all that.

Madeleine may be a Swedish princess, but she is marrying an American. We happen to love our language as much as the Swedes love theirs. This is NOT a state wedding. This is a wedding that happens to be between a princess and a commoner from another country, which, by the way, Madeleine has adopted as her second home. So, I think it only fitting that each does his vows in his native language. By the way, Chris and Madeleine speak English all the time when together.

When it comes to the time to take their vows and declare their assent, do we know if the officiate of the wedding will be asking Chris his in English and Madeleine in Swedish? To me it makes sense that they're asked and they respond in the language most comfortable and understood so there is no question that they didn't know what they were saying or agreeing to.

No one form Belgium, Netherlands or Spain?

Interesting,we might get a Charléne in a tiara photo or 2 if its true.

No one from Belgium,Netherlands or Spain.

Pardon my ignorance but no one from Belgium, Netherlands or Spain? :ermm: Why is that? Is it something political? Is it a royal thing?

I don't know about Belgium or Spain, but WA and Maxima probably can't attend due to their own upgraded royal duties. I doubt it's due to any kind of slight.

I am looking forward to seeing Princess Khaliya Aga Khan and Princess Takamado.
It is understandable that the neighbouring countries such as Denmark and Norway are fully represented. Perhaps Belgium has decided not to send anyone because they want save some money. Spain could have sent Infanta Elena.

Last edited:
:previous:Your point came to my mind also. If anyone asked me anything in Swedish, i wouldn't know what it was!;)

I assume they made the choice that was right for them.

Chris and Carl Philip went last night at 23.00 to a famous restaurant Sturehof to party with about 30 of friends. Madeleine wasn't with them. At midnight they left to a night club The Wall. At 01.30 Chris went home to the Royal Mews.
Photos
Festar på Stureplan Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

We were served a wonderful dinner, but Madeleine wasn't with him, told one of the guests. Chris was smoking and hugging his billionaire friends. Chris was partying happily, among the guests was super model Marcus Schenkenberg.
Här börjar bröllopsfirandet Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Glad he had a good time. Bet he looking forward to getting back to normal life in NYC and away from media circus and prying eyes in Sweden.

Anyone knows the time (Swedish Time) for today's gala? I'm looking forward to it but I need to adjust my schedule for today just in case anything happens.

Anyone knows the time (Swedish Time) for today's gala? I'm looking forward to it but I need to adjust my schedule for today just in case anything happens.

Svensk Damtidning wrote that it is at 19.00, but we will see.

Norwegian TV2 saw Chris walking near the Royal Palace and got an "interview"
Maddes forlovede - Er litt nervøs - TV 2 Play

It looks that he is walking against the red light while he passes the street at the end of the video.

They have been rehearsing the cortege today.
Här generalrepeterar bröllopskortegen Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweden is 1 hour ahead of the UK, right? Do we know who is invited to the Gala? Is it all the invited guests or just select friends? I am sure this question has been answered.

I wonder if Edward and Sophie along with the Greek Royals will travel together on the plane... I would love to be on a plane and a royal walked on. I'd probably hyperventilate a little bit. I would be so busy going, "It's her! It's him! Look!" and whomever I was with would be like, "Who? Shush."

Last edited:
That confirms the no attendance of Belgians, Spanish or Dutch royals.

I'd actually like it the other way round (Madeleine saying yes in English and Chris in Swedish) like it was done for the civil wedding in Luxembourg. I thought it was a sweet touch that Guillaume married Stephanie in her language (French), while she married him in his language (Luxembourgish).

Yes!!! I also like this way:flowers:......
cause everybody on his own language.....it's somehow strange and separately.....:cool: nothing touching abd exiting

That confirms the no attendance of Belgians, Spanish or Dutch royals.

I'm surprised, this is a third child wedding I understand but it is still a royal wedding and European royals have always been close.

I'm surprised, this is a third child wedding I understand but it is still a royal wedding and European royals have always been close.

I'm surprised too, especially thinking that they all have "second/third children" to send: Laurent and Claire, Constantijn and Laurentien, Elena.

Well Constantijn and Laurentien have a full planned weekend. Appointments made a long time before the swedish weddingdate was set.
Besides they have the birthday of their daughter Eloise.
Princess Beatrix attends the Bilderberg Conference which she actually never misses.

Maybe that they will have to ask their cousins van Vollenhoven in the future

Is it known who will lead Princess Madeleine down the aisle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom