Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.

You are spot on! Full-heartedly agree with you.

I would guess she is a friend of Chris' mother both circulating in the same Austrian-German society circles.

Khaliya Aga Khan, Kim Heirston Evans, Luisa Beccaria and Eva O'Neill at Hope for Depression Research Foundation Annual Luncheon Seminar, November 13, 2012
Patrick McMullan Company

Daniel is such a lovely guy!! As for Chris; the Jury is still out!! Bit of a cold fish! Nice if they both gave each other the best wedding present; pack up smoking!!

Last edited:
Interesting,we might get a Charléne in a tiara photo or 2 if its true.

No one from Belgium,Netherlands or Spain.

It's true that Charlene is attending, I got it confirmed from the Princely Palace (in an email).

It's true that Charlene is attending, I got it confirmed from the Princely Palace (in an email).
Thats nice, her second Swedish royal wedding. I wonder if she will opt in or opt out on wearing a tiara. If she does wear one I would guess it would be the smaller diamond Foam tiara.

Expressen writes that Patrick Sommerlath's 4-year old twins Chloe and Anais will be bridal children. Madeleine was seen yesterday at a cafe with Katharina von Horn, her daughter Lillie, 5, will also be among the bridal children according to Expressen. They don't know many children there will be. Royal expert Sten Hedman thinks at least four, if the trail is long. He also thinks there could be royal bridal children, the danish and norwegian are of right age
But the royal children aren't at the guest list, Chloe,Anais and Lillie are.

Were Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and Christian on the guest list at Victoria's wedding? If they were, I think it's unlikely that Madeleine will have royal bridal children and not have them on her guest list.

Khaliya Aga Khan seems to be attending the wedding according to the list! Thats great, I didn't know these two, Madde and her, knew each other. Although it makes sense, Khaliya Aga Khan being from NY, where they live. I bet they frequent the same friendship circles and that's how they came to know each other.

Were Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and Christian on the guest list at Victoria's wedding? If they were, I think it's unlikely that Madeleine will have royal bridal children and not have them on her guest list.

If I remember correctly they were. The relevant royal houses also announced they were attending along with their parents.

I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I have been to weddings and thought these 2 are made for each other and they never made it to 5 yrs, and other weddings where I thought "what do these 2 see in each other" and they are now at the 20 yr mark and going strong. I well remember how people would comment on Joachim and Alexandra being so obviously in love right up to the day they announced their separation and plans to divorce. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.

well said. I am getting so tired of people criticising this couple. I saw some pix of Chris around town today, grabbing a cab - living life as a normal. I like that. As for AngieUKs comment that he is a "cold fish" - he just doesnt like cameras maybe, or fails to see the need to grin like a loon in public.

PS - there are too many threads and lots of stuff is being repeated

I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I have been to weddings and thought these 2 are made for each other and they never made it to 5 yrs, and other weddings where I thought "what do these 2 see in each other" and they are now at the 20 yr mark and going strong. I well remember how people would comment on Joachim and Alexandra being so obviously in love right up to the day they announced their separation and plans to divorce. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.
How true. My husband and I knew each other 3 days when we got engaged and were married in 3 months. That's going on 60 years ago, but there was a lot of negative talk. My brother-in-law and his wife just celebrated 67 years. They were 18 and 16 when they married. Lots of negative comments there. Another couple we are friends with married at 17 and now are at 64 years. You can't judge from the outside.

Khaliya Aga Khan seems to be attending the wedding according to the list! Thats great, I didn't know these two, Madde and her, knew each other. Although it makes sense, Khaliya Aga Khan being from NY, where they live. I bet they frequent the same friendship circles and that's how they came to know each other.
I think some of quests are Eva's friends, like some queast at Will&Kate's wedding were Charle's friends or partners.

Patrick McMullan Company

Mrs Anne Barish is also on the list.

I can't warm to Madeleine either. I get the impression that she wants all the VIP perks, parties and events that come with being a royal but without any of the work ethic.

Add my name to Team Non Madeleine Fan. She and Chris are about as unappealing a couple as I can think of in the Gotha.

My only interest in her wedding is to see what everyone will wear. And I've no doubt that she will be a stunning bride.

I couldn't translate it into English for some odd reason :(

I didn't see anyone from Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia or any of the Balkins (with the exception of Greece). Interesting as I thought that CP Aleksander and HM King CG were close. Or, at least knew one another well.

I couldn't translate it into English for some odd reason :(

I didn't see anyone from Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia or any of the Balkins (with the exception of Greece). Interesting as I thought that CP Aleksander and HM King CG were close. Or, at least knew one another well.

I meant the link from her page to the guest list

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's refrain from using abusive terms to describe the bride and groom, thanks!

Last edited:
Aftonbladet's Mattias Sandberg told just that Chris will have some kind of a gathering with his friends this evening. His friends, the von Ribbentrops are already arrived and others are coming.
So that is perhaps why it isn't sure yet if Chris will attend at the National Day celebration in Skansen...

Sandberg also told that one of Chris' friends will read a text at the wedding.

Chris will answer "Yes" or "I do", Madeleine speaks swedish.
Chris O'Neill säger inte ja till sin prinsessa Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Chris' mother and sister Natascha have arrived to Stockholm
Här upptäcker Chris familj Stockholm Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Lots of flowers taken to the Royal Palace today
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...2px&guid=d2fd65e5-bda9-48c8-921d-a53d10c0cf61
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...2px&guid=8185096f-bb9f-40e2-8b63-bf85e57d9c74
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...2px&guid=9698d54e-b827-488f-aa92-0595a8336fea

Aftonbladet writes that Louise Gottlieb and Lovisa de Geer arrived to the Drottningholm wedding tent and stayed there for a quite long time. "It's nice that you are asking, but we don't answer", said Lovisa to Aftonbladet. The friends are preparing their surprises.
Also the king, queen, Victoria and Carl Philip visited the tent. The king and queen stayed for five minutes, Victoria and Carl Philip were longer. And also Victor Magnuson was there. "It feels nice. But I don't know more than you", said he to the reporter.
Vännerna övar inför festen Bröllopet Aftonbladet

Wedding rehearsal today, three of the bridal children are now known, they are Jasper D'Abo and Chloé and Anaïs Sommerlath.
Här gifter sig Madde och Chris - på prov Bröllopet Aftonbladet

Chris took his friends and mother in the afternoon to newly opened pub Michelle van der Milles.
Chris tog med vännerna till Milles Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Last edited by a moderator:
(Moved to the correct thread).

One of the many stories that has spilled over from Sweden and hit the Danish press are some details in connection with the wedding: http://www.bt.dk/royale/her-er-madel...-bryllups-valg

Apparantly a part of the wedding will take place in English, with Madeleine saying "Ja" at the altar and Chris O'Neil saying: "I do".

It may be a small detail in a nice marriage, that will hopefully last a lifetime, but I don't think it's elegantly handled and I would like to hit Chris O'Neil on the head with a shovel.

Good greif, the man is marrying a genuine Princess from a genuine monarchy, - in Sweden on top of that! Is it really too much to ask that he respects the Swedes by at least learning to say one word in Swedish? It's pronounced like Ya in Ya'll. Surely he can learn that.

He may not give a hoot about royalty, and he may roll in money and he may be an important man in his own right but he is marrying a princess, and princesses are public property of their countries.
Sorry, it's not elegant and it's not a good way to endear himself to the Swedes.

Last edited:

One of the many stories that has spilled over from Sweden and hit the Danish press are some details in connection with the wedding: http://www.bt.dk/royale/her-er-madel...-bryllups-valg

Apparantly a part of the wedding will take place in English, with Madeleine saying "Ja" at the altar and Chris O'Neil saying: "I do".

It may be a small detail in a nice marriage, that will hopefully last a lifetime, but I don't think it's elegantly handled and I would like to hit Chris O'Neil on the head with a shovel.

Good greif, the man is marrying a genuine Princess from a genuine monarchy, - in Sweden on top of that! Is it really too much to ask that he respects the Swedes by at least learning to say one word in Swedish? It's pronounced like Ya in Ya'll. Surely he can learn that.

He may not give a hoot about royalty, and he may roll in money and he may be an important man in his own right but he is marrying a princess, and princesses are public property of their countries.
Sorry, it's not elegant and it's not a good way to endear himself to the Swedes.

Maybe - just maybe - they realise that it is not just the wedding of a Swedish princess but the wedding of Madeleine and Chris and they are giving equal value to both lives, not just the royal one.

It is all geting very exciting this is the part I like best those few days prior to any wedding really but a Roayal one were flowers get delivered people arrive there is an air of excitement and it's infectious.

Maybe - just maybe - they realise that it is not just the wedding of a Swedish princess but the wedding of Madeleine and Chris and they are giving equal value to both lives, not just the royal one.

But that's the point. He is marrying a Swedish Princess, in Sweden and she will still be a Swedish Princess after the marriage.

If he was marrying sweet Madeleine Svensson from Göteborg, it would be another matter. Other rules apply for royals.

I'd actually like it the other way round (Madeleine saying yes in English and Chris in Swedish) like it was done for the civil wedding in Luxembourg. I thought it was a sweet touch that Guillaume married Stephanie in her language (French), while she married him in his language (Luxembourgish).

I completely disagree and think this perspective assumes that this wedding is for Sweden and not for the couple.

My husband and I (admittedly and decidedly non-royal) said our vows in our respective native languages. It is an honest expression in the language of your heart - and it's a nice nod to your family.

I agree SydneyLux. It was a very beautiful and symbolic way that Guillaume and Stephanie exchanged their vows.

But Chris and Madeleine have chosen to do it this way, so I hope it will be just as moving as the Luxembourg ceremony was.

Maybe they are setting up a surprise were he hold a speach in the church or as a greeting to all bystanders completly in Swedish and the media gives the speach +++++ no matter what he say just as its in Swedish

I'd actually like it the other way round (Madeleine saying yes in English and Chris in Swedish) like it was done for the civil wedding in Luxembourg. I thought it was a sweet touch that Guillaume married Stephanie in her language (French), while she married him in his language (Luxembourgish).

Yes, a nice compromise at two ceremonies. If the wedding was taking place in USA I would find it a bit odd if Madeleine was to say "Ja". When in Rome....

I completely disagree and think this perspective assumes that this wedding is for Sweden and not for the couple.

My husband and I (admittedly and decidedly non-royal) said our vows in our respective native languages. It is an honest expression in the language of your heart - and it's a nice nod to your family.

And that's a beautiful and nice thing to do - for commoners.
My point is that this is very much a wedding for Sweden. Diplomats and foreign royals are attending, it's being televised and there are national celebrations and the happy couple will drive through Stockholm being cheered by the people - in other words this is a national event.
The Ja/I do will be shown many times over the years, so a nice little (and endearing) gesture towards the Swedish hosts (i.e. the people) would be to accept marrying the love of his life in Swedish.

They can have a second ceremony in English in USA if it's really that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom