Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pity that the Dutch House is not represented. You can compare Madeleine´s wedding to Märtha´s and there Maxima and WA attended. The situation now will be a result of the WA`s kingship and Amalia still being too young.

Amalia is not the first child heir. The innaugeration of Bea, Benedikte and one of JC's sisters attended since Fred and Felipe were too young.

What a diference an Heir makes compared to a spare...People will always be more interested in their Future Monarch rather than secundary royals, the Media is also responsable for this as well (not all of course).
Amalia is not the first child heir. The innaugeration of Bea, Benedikte and one of JC's sisters attended since Fred and Felipe were too young.
Exactly.
And at this exact moment, Amalia is not the only child heir, Crown Prince Moulay Hassan (he was born the same year as Amalia) has been a Crown Prince since birth and so far he didn't attend any of this foreign events, he's too young for that.

Someone a few posts ago said that Madeleine has been the one of the royal siblings most uncomfortable with the media. I find it interesting that if that's the case she still wants to hold onto her HRH and not take her husbands name. Personally I have never got the impression that Madeleine dislikes the press. But I don't know her personally so understand that could be wrong.

A gallery from today of the Drottningholm Palace, with the big party tent. It doesn't look very nice though.
APA-Picturedesk

The king, queen, Madeleine, Chris, Carl Philip and Sofia leaving the Royal Palace today. No Victoria and Daniel at the photos.
IBL Bildbyrå gallery

Last edited:
Other interesting names on the list:

Emma Pernald (Prince Carl Philips ex-girlfriend)
Susan Sangster (rich, brittish ex-wife of a bunch of rich guys)
Princess Khaliya Aga Khan
Anders Bagge, Andreas Carlsson (famous swedish music producers)
Mr Valentino Garavani (Guess who designed the dress....)
Marcus Samuelsson (famous swedish chef)
Princess Takamado of Japan

I've just got it confirmed by Laetitia Pierrat that Princess Charlene is representing the Grimaldis at the wedding. The guest list published above seems to be quite accurate!

Also interesting to me is Lady Sophie Hamilton, daughter of the Duke of Abercorn, and Countess Bianca Arrivabene Valenti Gonzaga, former Princess of Savoy-Aosta.

The lists consists mostly of very rich people.

Aftonbladet has published a guest list which apparently they got from the royal court, the official guest will not be published until the morning of the 7th of June by the press department of the royal court and could be a bit different from aftonbladet's one, as guests may cancel or confirm their attendance in the near future. Their guest list includes Princess Charlene of Monaco and Princess Takamado of Japan,and Princess Nikolaos, princess Tatiana, Princess Theodora, Prince Philipos Crown Prince Pavlos, and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal from Greece

unfortunately not representatives from Belgium Spain and the Netherlands www.aftonbladet.se/brollopet/article16900679.ab - Translator

I'm still holding out hope for some Balkin royals (Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, ect)

Someone a few posts ago said that Madeleine has been the one of the royal siblings most uncomfortable with the media. I find it interesting that if that's the case she still wants to hold onto her HRH and not take her husbands name. Personally I have never got the impression that Madeleine dislikes the press. But I don't know her personally so understand that could be wrong.

That someone would be me :flowers:
Johan T Lindwall, the tabloid Expressens royal reporter, has written a book called "Madeleine - princess private". I think that's telling.

Yes, Victoria had her moments with the press, especially when she was younger. But she grew into a down to earth young woman with a strong sense of duty. She's able to handle the press very well. Madeleine is a more glamorus princess, but she's also the one who doesn't seem to like the public part about being a royalty. Glamour, yes. Attention, no.

SVT were setting up the lights today in the church
https://www.facebook.com/...pe=1&relevant_count=1
Photo taken by HRH herself
modify_inline.gif

Expressen wrote yesterday: The Honeymoon "almost a state secret"

The secrecy surrounding Princess Madeleine's and Chris O'Neills honeymoon is great.
- Not even Princess Madeleine knows where they're going. Chris keeps this with a very small crowd, only a few friends in Germany knows it. Friends who he trusts to one hundred percent, says Johan T Lindwall.
Johanna Lejon from Svensk Damtidning says also that it is very secret.
- They are extremely keen to be at peace on the honeymoon, almost more anxious than Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were. They were found quite fast and gave interviews but I have trouble seeing that Princess Madeleine would do it. It is planned almost as a state secret.
The court has also put the lid on about everything related to the upcoming trip.
- We will not tell you anything. It is a public wedding in every sense but just the honeymoon they want to have for themselves, says Bertil Ternert.
The court doesn't want to answer if the honeymoon will happen right after the wedding.
- I can not comment, says Ternert.
Both Johan T Lindwall and Johanna Lejon think Caribbean is the most likely destination.
- I believe in the Caribbean. There one can travel around a lot between the islands while being very difficult to detect. It would not surprise me if they make as Prince William and Kate who like to go to the islands as Mustique. There can only be reached by private plane and there are hardly any resorts but you can rent houses, says Johanna Lejon.
When the king and queen married in 1976 they went to Hawaii.
- It is very possible that they decide to do just like the royal couple. In Hawaii there are many resorts that are well protected and have high discretion. That's the main thing - they know that they can be at peace and be on a beach or by the pool without being photographed. They will never go with a regular flight, they will go with a private plane somewhere and then go further, says Lindwall.
Bröllopsresan nästan en statshemlighet Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

That someone would be me :flowers:
Johan T Lindwall, the tabloid Expressens royal reporter, has written a book called "Madeleine - princess private". I think that's telling.

Yes, Victoria had her moments with the press, especially when she was younger. But she grew into a down to earth young woman with a strong sense of duty. She's able to handle the press very well. Madeleine is a more glamorus princess, but she's also the one who doesn't seem to like the public part about being a royalty. Glamour, yes. Attention, no.

Lindwall has also written earlier a book "Victoria - Princess private"...

I think that Madeleine is a very contradictory person. It is said that she doesn't like publicity and her role as a royal. But when you see her posing at those glamorous events, you can see that she loves every moment of it. Madeleine hasn't haf to do the normal (some would say boring) royal work hardly at all, just the glamorous events.
The guest list tells a lot about Chris' life - and now also about Madeleine's life. There are billionaires, successful financiers, party people from New York's high society elite, fashion designers, sports figures, jewel designers and friends from private school in Switzerland.

Last edited by a moderator:
How nice that Anna Söderström Westling and her husband are also invited.

Since this wedding is private and not a state event like Victoria's, the president of Finland isn't invited. Finland is represented by the ambassador of Finland in Sweden. He told to the Finnish press that he is invited to the church only, not to the dinner.

TBH I think it is nice of her that she does any public events at all. In the end she doesn't receive a dotation from the state and she is free to do with her time whatever she wants. The issues the Swedish press has with her living in NYC seem rather narrow minded and appear envious. When Constantijn and Friso moved abroad for work nobody in the Netherlands minded. It also was less of an issue for the Norwegian royals in London or even Infanta Cristina in Washington.

The problem was that it has been told in Sweden that the king gives a part of the apanage to Carl Philip and Madeleine, Victoria has her own household. The press and people became interested if Madeleine's life in New York is paid from the apanage, although she hardly works for Sweden. Then the court and Bertil Ternert told that only trips and things which are connected with Madeleine's official work duties, are paid from the apanage. Madeleine pays her living on NY from her private property.

Isn't it the king's own business what he does with his money? Werther he decides to throw it all in the Baltic sea or decides to give some of the money to his younger children? In the end it is his appanage, his money, as long as it is legal it seems to me that he is free to do with it whatever he wants. No other civil servant AFAIK is being told to spend his/her income a certain way. The amount he receives as appanage is decided independantly from his children's activities. If the Swedish state would decide to give Madeleine her own appanage, as is the case in Belgium, then they will have the right to demand something in return. Why Tennert feels the need to comment on the RF's private expenses is a mystery to me, as are most of his comments.

Anyway, I think it is advisable for most monarchies to limit the amount of members 'working' for the royal firm thus to evade the impression that everybody is freeloading on the tax payers expenses. Chris has his own carreer, Madeleine seems to be working for the childhood foundation, let's hope that CP and his future wife will follow suit and get regular jobs too.

Last edited:
The apanage isn't the king's money, it comes from the taxpayers. The court tells at the annual report part of where the money is used but not all. The demands of bigger knowledge of how the money is used are growing all the time. The king can't use the apanage to private expenses, but of course he can do with his own money whatever he wants.

Expressen writes that Patrick Sommerlath's 4-year old twins Chloe and Anais will be bridal children. Madeleine was seen yesterday at a cafe with Katharina von Horn, her daughter Lillie, 5, will also be among the bridal children according to Expressen. They don't know many children there will be. Royal expert Sten Hedman thinks at least four, if the trail is long. He also thinks there could be royal bridal children, the danish and norwegian are of right age
But the royal children aren't at the guest list, Chloe,Anais and Lillie are.

Here is the official information from the police of the wedding. After the wedding the couple will come to Södra valvet and wave to the people.
Prinsessbröllopet den 8 juni 2013 - Aktuellt - www.polisen.se
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a sweet story. Princess Madeleine is the patron of "Min stora dag" (My big day), a foundation that gives very sick children a chance to fulfill some of their dreams. A nine year old girl, Tilde, has been given a seat in the church. She will be accompanied by her idol Amy Diamond. Amy is also a hairdresser, so she'll fix Tildes hair before they're off to Slottskyrkan.
Tilde, 9, får sin dröm uppfylld | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Madeleine's and Chris' children can also have Bernadotte as their last name, at least according to the swedish laws.

According to Expressen, the cortege route is 2 kilometers long, at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding it was 6,8 kilometers.

The Swedish Republican Association about Madeleine's wedding
Om Madeleine Bernadottes bröllop - Republikanska föreningen
Translation

According to Expressen's sources, Madeleine snobs the Swedish fashion houses and has chosen a wedding dress from Valentino.
This spring Madeleine turned to her best girlfriends - Louise Gottlieb, Emma Pernald, Katarina von Horn, Ellen Dinkelspiel and Charlotte Cederlund for help with the choice. Her friends have, reportedly to Expressen, been in both Milan and Paris for work on dress and representatives from Valentino have been in Stockholm. According to Expressen's knowledge the future sister in law Sofia Hellqvist is the only one in the circle of Madeleine who had not been involved in the process.
Madeleine's future mother in law, Chris's mother Eva O'Neill wore a dress by Valentino at the banns.
Madeleine har valt klänning till bröllopet Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

The names will be just like the family names as used in the Magnusson family,Princess Christina is known just as well as Mrs. Tord Magnusson and no further pump and ado for nothing..

On another note...there's something about the groom that makes me think we will see a change in partners within the next 5 years..he isn't,well...kosher...I don't trust him at all...Jonas was freeloader on the RF's expense..but this one is a sad choice too..Sorry Madde,I hope I am to be proved wrong...

On another note...there's something about the groom that makes me think we will see a change in partners within the next 5 years..he isn't,well...kosher...I don't trust him at all...Jponas was freeloader on the RF's expense..but this one is a sad choice too..Sorry Madde,I hope I am to be proved wrong...

Well, lucien, you are not the only one. I think so too, and so many people in different forums and message boards all over the world.

Well, lucien, you are not the only one. I think so too, and so many people in different forums and message boards all over the world.

Oh thank goodness for that LadyFinn!!!I thought I was the grumpy old fart again,but no...there are more of us...grin!

To make matters even worse...I'm not even lukewarm to both let alone their wedding..It's a mistake..It must be really something substantial that holds me from having any interest at all in either of them.Very unlike me.Madde changed.

Oh thank goodness for that LadyFinn!!!I thought I was the grumpy old fart again,but no...there are more of us...grin!

To make matters even worse...I'm not even lukewarm to both let alone their wedding..It's a mistake..It must be really something substantial that holds me from having any interest at all in either of them.Very unlike me.Madde changed.

I can't warm to Madeleine either. I get the impression that she wants all the VIP perks, parties and events that come with being a royal but without any of the work ethic.

Nope, I'm a grumpy old fart too! If this lasts more than 5 years I would be shocked. I'm thinking 2 children, then a divorce. Madde comes back to Sweden with the kids and lives with Mom & Dad or they "lend" her a small house somewhere. That's just how I see it happening. Neither one of them gives me the jumpy claps for any reason, especially Chris.

Nope, I'm a grumpy old fart too! If this lasts more than 5 years I would be shocked. I'm thinking 2 children, then a divorce. Madde comes back to Sweden with the kids and lives with Mom & Dad or they "lend" her a small house somewhere. That's just how I see it happening. Neither one of them gives me the jumpy claps for any reason, especially Chris.

I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I have been to weddings and thought these 2 are made for each other and they never made it to 5 yrs, and other weddings where I thought "what do these 2 see in each other" and they are now at the 20 yr mark and going strong. I well remember how people would comment on Joachim and Alexandra being so obviously in love right up to the day they announced their separation and plans to divorce. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.

It is interesting to see Princess Khaliya Aga Khan in the guest list. But here comes a little confusion, earlier it was written that she divorced Hussein Aga Khan and they have never been seen together since the statement. Or is there a possibilty she is in a friendly relationship with anybody from Swedish royal family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom