Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown prince Haakon, crown princess Mette-Marit, princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will attend the wedding. Because of her trip to Asia Mette-Marit arrives on the wedding day and won't attend the pre-wedding party on Friday.
This is confirmed by the palace's Communications Manager Sven Gjeruld Gjeruldsen.
Mette-Marit blir forsinket til Madeleines bryllup - Showbiz, kjendiser, blogger, spill og moro
Translation

Ah pity, but great that she will attend the wedding itself. I wonder which Asia-trip they mean.

MM will attend the Women Deliver Conference in Malaysia until 30 May.

I thought that perhaps the queen might attend or Infanta Elena,I know Felipe and Letizia can't attend everything its a shame really.

Right, this is a shame.
Is it because Infanta Elena cannot attend, as she has been "downgraded", i.e. she is no longer able to represent the RF abroad?
Bye Bine

Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that Philippe and Mathilde were invited, but according to the Belgium Royal House, they can't attend because their planned trip to USA.

Right, this is a shame.
Is it because Infanta Elena cannot attend, as she has been "downgraded", i.e. she is no longer able to represent the RF abroad?
Bye Bine

There's nothing official from Spain regarding who's going or not yet, but given the harsh economic climate that prevails in Spain members of their RF attending a lavish royal wedding might not go down too well and perhaps they have been advised decline.

Who knows!

:previous:The last time that Letizia wore a tiare (Dutch Inauguration), the Spanish press jumped on the fact that the floral tiara was a present from dictator Franco. No wonder that the SRF keeps away from foreign royal bling.

Has anything been heard from the Netherlands and Luxembourg? The new Dutch King and Queen might be too busy. But I'm still hoping to see Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Isn't Princess Benedikte of Denmark a godmother to Princess Madeleine?

Right, this is a shame.
Bye Bine

Exactly what happened to Elena? Could someone please elaborate?

Isn't Princess Benedikte of Denmark a godmother to Princess Madeleine?
Yes, that's probably the reason why her attendance was amoung the first to be confirmed.

Another godparent is Prince Andreas of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha. His attendance has also been confirmed. I wonder if his wife Karin will wear the beautiful SCG turquoise tiara which Princess Kelly has worn at Princess Victoria's wedding.

Balkin royals?

Greece? Serbia? Romania? Bulgaria?

Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark will attend the wedding!

I know, but as you say: until 30 May - maybe she stays there longer (privately)? :ermm:
There is a World Economic Forum in Myanmar until 7th June. Perhaps MM will attend that as well? If it were a private holiday there would be no reason why she couldn't return earlier to attend the dinner IMO.

Exactly what happened to Elena? Could someone please elaborate?

Well, maybe someone else can explain better, but due to the recent scandals and most probably also the economic crisis, the RF announced last year, that the "inner circle" of the RF is the King/Queen, as well the the PoA and their children only.

BYe Bine

Yes, that's probably the reason why her attendance was amoung the first to be confirmed.

Another godparent is Prince Andreas of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha. His attendance has also been confirmed. I wonder if his wife Karin will wear the beautiful SCG turquoise tiara which Princess Kelly has worn at Princess Victoria's wedding.

Don't think Princess Carin will attend as she suffers from MS and seats in a wheelchair. also at the Wedding of her son Hubertus some years ago she entered the church through an side entrance.

Benedikte told herself to BilledBladet that she is going to the wedding.
The new photos - Madeleine looks to have a dress suitable for the mother of the bride.

Don't think Princess Carin will attend as she suffers from MS and seats in a wheelchair. also at the Wedding of her son Hubertus some years ago she entered the church through an side entrance.

Who is princess Carin?

Not loving that seafoam green color on Madeleine. She also wore that color at the Banns ceremony last Sunday. The cut of both outfits is quite matronly.

Madeline looks STUNNING!!! Just lovely!

Can't say the same for the groom though -he just looks uncomfortable :(
I don't see anything uncomfortable about Chris. He has a somber face just like the King. Perhaps not a coincidence that husband-to-be and father has similar expressions. As a Swede I am very comfortable with not everyone feeling like putting on a big grin. A big smile is not anymore sincere or comfortable than a somber face. Chris looks just fine to me.

I love the new official photos!!! this royal family always published official photos, I love that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom