Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
Let the game begin:

My guesses for a daughter: Isabella Eva Silvia Victoria O'Neill

My guesses for a son: Carl Paul Antonio Daniel O'Neill

For the Godparents:

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
Patrick Sommerlath

Girl : Amelie Christina Silvia Eva

Boy : Carl Paul Daniel Christopher

Victoria Sylvia Margaret Eva O'Neil

Carl Patrick Christopher Bjorn O'Neil

For a girl: Emma Margaret Sylvia Eva.
They can also put Lilian somewhere in her name. Or Victoria or maybe Madeleine.

For a boy: Carl Adolf Christopher Daniel.
Carl will def be there!

For a boy : Hugo Gustaf Paul Johann O'Neil
For a girl : Alva Birgitta Ragnhild Louise O'Neil

Godparents :
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (maternal aunt)
Countess Nathscha Abensberg - Traun (paternal aunt)
Princess Maria Laura of Belgium
Couple's One of friends

Lillian Eva Josephine Renate O'Neil
Paul Christopher Gustaf Bertil O'Neil

Godparents:
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
CP Victoria or Carl Philip
Chris's best man from the wedding (can't remember his name :( )

I would say Lillian is top of the list.

I wouldn't be surprised if Madeleine and Chris only give their children three names.

Boy:
Carl-Johan Gustaf Paul (Bertil), Hugo (Fredrik) Gustaf Paul, Oscar/Oskar Paul Gustaf (Johan) or Theo Gustaf (Oscar/Oskar) Paul. I'd love if they used Bertil as a given name, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Victoria might use that for a future boy (either that or Carl-Johan, but I would put my money on Bertil).

Girl:
Alice Eva Silvia (Desirée), Alma Silvia (Lilian) Eva, Saga Silvia Eva (Josephine) or Sofia Eva Silvia (Alice). I don't know if they're going to avoid a 'Silvia Eva' combination because Estelle has practically the same combination in her name.

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria
Tatjana d'Abo
Two/three friends of the couple

Last edited:
Boy:
Carl-Johan Gustaf Paul (Bertil), Hugo (Fredrik) Gustaf Paul, Oscar/Oskar Paul Gustaf (Johan) or Theo Gustaf (Oscar/Oskar) Paul.

Girl:
Alice Eva Silvia (Desirée), Alma Silvia (Lilian) Eva, Saga Silvia Eva (Josephine) or Sofia Eva Silvia (Alice). I don't know if they're going to avoid a 'Silvia Eva' combination because Estelle has practically the same combination in her name.

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria
Tatjana d'Abo
Two/three friends of the couple

I think Silvia and Eva are included in the name for a girl because these are the names of the babies grandmothers.

I think Silvia and Eva are included in the name for a girl because these are the names of the babies grandmothers.

I think so too, but I doubt they will be put together as 'Silvia Eva' because that's basically the same as Estelle (the only difference being Estelle's Eva being spelled 'Ewa'). Perhaps they'll switch them around or put a name in between.

Girl:
Lillian Louise Victoria

Boy:
Alexander Christopher Paul

GoodParents:
CP Victoria of Sweden
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Two friend of the couple

Boy:

Carl Christopher Paul O'Neill.

Girl:

Lilian Alice Victoria O'Neill.

Godparents.

Princess Victoria
either Prince Carl Phillip or Sophia
One of Chris' siblings and/or his mother
friends of the couple.

I've no idea what the name could be. I've stopped guessing royal baby names since I was totally blindsided by Estelle, lol.

Last edited:
Boy:
Joseph Christopher Carl O'Neill

Girl:
Theresa Victoria Laura O'Neill

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
One of Chris' sisters
A male cousin of Madeleine
A friend of a couple

Boy: Adolf Frederik Gustav Paul
Girl: Desiree Birgitta Lilian Margaretha
God Parents:
The Duchess of Vastergotland
Countess Natasha (Christopher's sister)
Prince Joachim of Denmark
Princess Martha Louise of Norway
A mutual friend of the couple

I too was completely surprised by 'Estelle' :) so i'm going to go with that 'genre' of naming (which ofcourse is silly because this is a different couple), so:

Girl: Sybilla Therese
Boy: Gustav Paul

Godparents: her brother, one of his sisters, 1 friend of each

For a boy, Carl will definitely be the first name.

Madeleine's royal aunts have one son named Carl or Carl in other european languages translated:

Princess Margaretha: Charles Edward Ambler
Princess Birgitta: Prince Carl Christian Friedrich Johannes Meinrad Maria Hubertus Edmund of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen
Princess Désirée: Baron Carl Otto Edmund Silfverschiöld
Princess Christina: Carl Gustaf Victor Magnuson

The King is named: King Carl XVI Gustaf Folke Hubertus of Sverige.

Madeleines brother is named Prince Carl Philip Edmund Bertil of Sverige.

I guess that if Princess Estelle would have been a boy he would be known as Prince Carl ... of Sweden. If there will be a brother for Estelle I am sure that he will be named Carl.

Definitely not Adolf!:eek::bang: This name all associate...I don't have to say with whom.

You are so right. I don't think in a millions years they would even consider it. What a horror.

Definitely agree about Adolf, I don't think they would touch that with a barge pole. Also, if they were to honour the King's father, I would say that Edmund is much, much, much more likely since that was what he went by.

Girl:

Ok, whilst a link to Sofia of Nassau would be wonderful (which was what I thought of when I wrote it down), this obviously is not going to happen (I always forget about Sofia Hellqvist, it must be because I couldn't care less about her). I'm gonna swap Sofia with Josefine/Josephine.

Last edited:
My suggestion is to take names that are pronounced the same way in swedish as in english.
Oscar for a boy
Louise for a girl

Is it expected that this child will have as many godparents as Estelle? How many godparents do the children of Carl Gustaf's sisters have?

Definitely not Adolf!:eek::bang: This name all associate...I don't have to say with whom.
i had forgotten about the connotations associated with this name....,i included it because some of Sweden's greatest kings had adolf as one of their names

i had forgotten about the connotations associated with this name....,i included it because some of Sweden's greatest kings had adolf as one of their names

And several posters forgot about it when suggesting Baby Cambridge be named "Adolphus". An honest mistake, let's all just move on and not gang up on Baron B.

Wow - both Madde and Victoria have M-I-L's named "Eva/Ewa" And on top of it that Silvia Eva/ Eva Silvia and if you add Victoria in a string of four, that's a real tongue twister. Eva Silvia Victoria. A battle of the V's.

Madde and Chris could split the Silvia and Eva up in the string of names - Mary and Frederick did it for Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe - don't those two names sound alike in Danish?

Emma Therese for a girl
Eric Christopher for a boy

I've been wanting a Emma for sooooo Long :)

Girl:
Lillian Louise Victoria

Boy:
Alexander Christopher Paul

GoodParents:
CP Victoria of Sweden
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Two friend of the couple

I really love the potenital names you've chosen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom