Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty confident they will name her Lilian. The late Princess Lilian was a greatly beloved grandmotherly figure for Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

The only reason I don't see them using Lilian IMO, is if Victoria wishes to use it for another daughter. Id be shocked if neither used it, considering how close they were to Lilian before she died.

I think Madeleine was very very close to Lilian (perhaps closer than Victoria was) so I guess Lilian will be somewhere in the baby's name.. Maybe not her 1st but as a middle name

:previous: I agree, I think there is a 99% chance that Lillian will feature in the baby's name combination. However, CyrilVladisla, I love your suggestion. Very beautiful names which haven't been used in the SRF for a while.

Though after all this time I'm still sticking with Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta.

I think Madeleine was very very close to Lilian (perhaps closer than Victoria was) so I guess Lilian will be somewhere in the baby's name.. Maybe not her 1st but as a middle name

According to the swedish royal experts and swedish press, Victoria was the closest to Lilian after queen Silvia and Carl Philip was very close to prince Bertil (he was CP's godfather) and therefore to Lilian too. Some experts have said that Madeleine was the one of the siblings who had the most distant relationship to Lilian, but of course she loved her. The swedish press has pointed out many times that Lilian supported Victoria and Daniel right from the beginning. Svensk Damtidning told that long before it was official that Victoria and Daniel were a couple, Lilian had a photo of them at her table. Lilian had told to her friend: "The king doesn't want me to keep it there, but I keep it there anyway".

Because Madeleine sees her mother as her idol, I would expect Silvia as one of the names, and Maria from the O'Neill site and possibly Victoria.

Last edited:
I personally like the name Cassandra.

While I would not normally pay too much attention to a tabloid's announcement, Madde has been known to put personal details out over the internet - Facebook, the due date and gender on the baby registry. So I would not necessarily be surprised if the tabloids picked it up over the internet.

Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses:

Lillian Silvia Eva Victoria
Amelie Lillian Silvia Alice
Josephine Silvia Eva Lillian
Ingrid Silvia Eva Lillian

Here is my final guess:

Désirée Silvia Eva Victoria

I don't see Desiree or a name in use by any of her close family really. I think she will want something of her own, maybe a nod to her family but not so near, like Estelle. Along with Princess Desiree, her Aunt, I believe she has at least one cousin named Desiree. I could be wrong, but think she will stray away from it.

Lilian Marie Silvia Victoria (the last if Vic is godmother which she likely will be)

Amelie Eva Silvia Lilian

Josephine Maria Silvia Victoria
Cecilia Maria Silvia Sibylla
Louisa Maria Alice Victoria

I wouldn't be so certain on Lilian either. As LadyFinn so well said, it's well-known that Victoria was the one who was closest to Lilian and I could easily imagine them using the name for a potential second daughter, but I don't think Madeleine and Christopher will use it - at least not as a first name.

My final guesses will be:
Alice Silvia Pauline (Maria)
Pauline Silvia (Lilian) Maria
Saga Alice Pauline (Maria)
Helene Silvia (Alice) Pauline
Amelie Silvia Eva (Pauline)

And I reckon she will be Duchess of Uppland or Duchess of Medelpad.

Last edited:
Sibylla Maria Renate Victoria

Lilian Victoria Eva and then another 4th name

Lily for short.

They will not choose Maria as one of the names. It is catholic so would upset the protestant Swedes ;-)

I think Lilian stands a good chance of featuring in the little Princess's name combination. Although I would think as a middle name - that way CP Victoria can still use Lilian as a first name if she has another daughter in the hopefully near future. My last minute guesses are:

Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta
Eleonora Ulrika Silvia Madeleine
Alice Lovisa Lilian Ingrid
Adelaide Mathilde Josephine Anna

My final predictions for new princess of Sweden :bounce:
(Top 2 names)

1. HRH Princess Alva Birgitta Lovisa Maria of Sweden
or
2. HRH Princess Lilla Maria Amélie Désirèe of Sweden

Last edited:
Final predictions:

Alice Ingrid Maria Lovisa
Charlotta Alice Lilian Silvia
Sophie Lilian Alice Victoria

I like the idea of Amelie and the name is suitable for both the Swedish and American sides of the family.

I think baby girl's name will be Lilyan (at least one of names), and little possibility of " Sophia" included, but I might be wrong of course.

Watch them come up with something completely different than what we are all thinking. Kind of like what CP Victoria did with Estelle.

I'm sure it will be a complete unique name and not a family name. At least not the first name. I'm also sure it will be more on the american side (because they live there) than on the swedish side. Maybe it will even go a little to the german/austrian side because of Chris' mother.

I may be a little on the wild side with my guesses but here are my bets:

"American":

Samantha
Charlotte
Tiffany
Isabelle
Madison

"German/Austrian":

Franziska
Alexandra
Annabelle

Or maybe they choose a "swedish" name that's easy for american ears and tongues like:

Greta
Elsa
Selma

But I doubt the letter. Maybe they don't even choose the normal "American" or "German/Austrian" names I listed. I can easily picture them going to the wild side and name the girls something like ... Karlyn Anastacia or ... Luna Clementine or ... Amber Pearl or ... Kyra Mackenzie. ;)

Princess Isabelle of Sweden would be nice....:flowers:

Last edited:
'm going with Christina ............:flowers: he deserves it and a name of a Swedish Queen

Name: HRH Princess Alice Victoria Silvia Maria of Sweden, Duchess of Uppland.

Godparents:

Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip, one of Chris' sisters, one of his friends and one of Princess Madeleine's friends.

What is strange is how many posts seem to totally ignore Chris's family - they are totally SRF orientated. And this is for a child that will never inherit the Swedish throne.

..... And this is for a child that will never inherit the Swedish throne.

Does it make that into something less beautiful and unique ...... I think not! Succession to the throne is not important in this context. All here are just happy for the new parents.

They will not choose Maria as one of the names. It is catholic so would upset the protestant Swedes ;-)
Maria is the most common name in Sweden, it's boring rather than upsetting. ;)

Quite a lot of people seem to be suggesting some very very royal sounding names, that sound unlikely to me - she's not from the 18th century! My bet for the first name would be something that's classy enough for a princess but also fashionable enough both in the US and in Sweden. Alice, Bianca, Clara, Eloise, Elsa, Lilian, Matilda, Norah ... And then some family middle names, such as Maria.

Alice is a nice name but it hasn't been popluar in the US for about 100 years, kind of like Estelle!
Clara and Elsa and very nice names as well as Nora.
I hope she is named Eva after his mother.

Alice is a nice name but it hasn't been popluar in the US for about 100 years, kind of like Estelle!
Clara and Elsa and very nice names as well as Nora.
I hope she is named Eva after his mother.
Alice was the 127th most common name for newborn American girls in 2012, making it rather popular actually. It's been on its way up for some years now. ;)

She was born in New York and I've never known of another princess to be born in New York. I think they should run a poll in the Daily News and let the good people of the Big Apple come up with a name.

God only knows what they'll name her.... probably Princess Brooklyn or something equally bad. :eek:

She was born in New York and I've never known of another princess to be born in New York. I think they should run a poll in the Daily News and let the good people of the Big Apple come up with a name.

God only knows what they'll name her.... probably Princess Brooklyn or something equally bad. :eek:

Probably most New Yorkers who aren't royalty watchers would say, "Princess Who?" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom