Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the name Estelle was so unexpected, I feel quite confuse about suggesting names for the new baby. I would love if they chose Alice for the girl, after Queen Silvia's mother. For the boy, Edmund, Oscar or Paul. if they don't choose a name after a late relative, I would be very surprised.

Since almost all of the O'Neill women have Maria on their name, it seems a big possibility that Maria will be on the child's name too, if it is a girl.
Eva Maria O'Neill
Tatjana Maria Margareta Nina d'Abo and her daughters
Anoushka Maria Violet
Celina Maria Isabel

Natascha von Abensperg und Traun's daughter
Milana Maria Tatiana

I couldn't find the other names of Natascha or her daughter Chiara.

Since almost all of the O'Neill women have Maria on their name, it seems a big possibility that Maria will be on the child's name too, if it is a girl.
Eva Maria O'Neill
Tatjana Maria Margareta Nina d'Abo and her daughters
Anoushka Maria Violet
Celina Maria Isabel

Natascha von Abensperg und Traun's daughter
Milana Maria Tatiana

I couldn't find the other names of Natascha or her daughter Chiara.

Lilian Maria :flowers:

Alice Madeleine Lillian Silvia

Amelie Louise Victoria Eva

Pauline Therese Silvia Lillian

Josephine Estelle Lillian Eva

How about, Lillian Victoria Catherine Eva? I thought Catherine sounds good in there, dont you guys agree?

How about, Lillian Victoria Catherine Eva? I thought Catherine sounds good in there, dont you guys agree?

Yes! Catherine is one of those very pretty names that seems to go with a lot of other names nicely.

Since almost all of the O'Neill women have Maria on their name,.

OT but are the O'Neils a Catholic family?
I only ask because the inclusion of Maria or Mary in all names in a family often points to that.

It's got to be Lilian, unless Crown Princess Victoria has a hold on that.
I read that Chris came from a Catholic family but is non-observant. When children come long, traditions tend to revive, so Maria might be a middle name, don't you think?

Lilian Maria sounds just fine, with whatever names should follow it--I don't know all the names of relatives and friends whom the couple have.

I'm pretty sure there will be a LILIAN somewhere in the name. Because it's a family name for Madeleine and it's an english name which is nice for Chris.

Other names? Maybe a name from a future godparent? LOUISE (Gottlieb) or even EMMA (Pernald)? VICTORIA, SILVIA and EVA are also very high on the "could be" list.

Male names? Even though it's a pretty name it's absolutely sure a boy wouldn't be named JONAS. A CARL or a PHILIP could be in there somewhere because Madeleine and her brother are very close. Maybe Carl Philip also will become Godfather to this new baby.

But I have this very big suspicion that we will be as surprised by the name as we were when Estelle was born.

I just thought about something. Do you think Madeleine will give one of the "Childhood"-kids a chance to be a godparent (or some kind of honory godparent)? Maybe one who she has a very close relationship to and who's life got a change to the better thanks to Childhood? That would be such a nice gesture and something alike to the children choir when she entered the church on their wedding day.

Boy:
Paul Edmund Gustaf

Girl:
Amélie Eva Renate

Godparents:
one of Christopher's sisters
Crown Princess Victoria
Prince Carl Philip
a close friend of the couple

In the Royal Baby Names thread, I suggested these combinations for Madeleine and Chris's child:

Boy

Carl Gustav (f) Johan Arthur

Girl

Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta

I have also thought of the following name combinations:

Girl:

Lilian Eva Silvia Maria
Sofie Lovisa Josephine Victoria
Amelie Louise Madeleine Ingrid

Boy

Frederick Carl Gustaf Paul
Gustaf Arthur Frederick Christopher
Oscar Carl Gustaf Christopher

My choices:

For a Girl:
Lillian Christina Bernadotte O'Neill
Amalie Christina Bernadotte O'Neill

For a Boy:
Carl Christopher Bernadotte O'Neill
Paul Christopher Bernadotte O'Neill

No hyphens in the last two names. No titles for now (maybe given later if needed).

Perhaps it needs to be remembered that this child will probably be brought up (raised) outside Sweden in the English speaking world of his/her father. I think that a name that is the same in English and Swedish is more likely so names like Gustav are unlikely in that form. Not sure what the English equivalent of that name is.

The name Lillian if the baby is a girl would be a nice name.

I think they should do something American like combine their names:

Chatelaine.

Perhaps it needs to be remembered that this child will probably be brought up (raised) outside Sweden in the English speaking world of his/her father. I think that a name that is the same in English and Swedish is more likely so names like Gustav are unlikely in that form. Not sure what the English equivalent of that name is.

I agree that the name will probably not be a name like Gustav, which has no English equivalent.

I think this child will be raised partly outside Sweden so i don't expect any titles. But i think the child will be born in Sweden, Christened in the Church of Sweden (maybe in Räpplinge Church close to Solliden Palace at Öland next summer) and have a place in the line of succession.

As many of you said, the name Estelle surprised us all so it's more difficult since then to predict the names. My guesses are

If a girl

Lilian Maria Victoria O'Neill

Or if a boy

Paul Carl Christopher O'Neill

Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses:

Lillian Silvia Eva Victoria
Amelie Lillian Silvia Alice
Josephine Silvia Eva Lillian
Ingrid Silvia Eva Lillian

Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses: Silvia Philippa Lilian Margrethe

My guess:

Lilian Victoria Silvia Mary.

But I still don't know for sure if she will be Miss Lilian O'Neill, HRH Princess Lilian, Duchess of [someplace in Sweden] or HH Princess Lilian of Sweden.

I would rather prefer Countess Lilian O'Neill, but I know it's not possible.

I don't know if they'll choose Lilian as a first name, but it will most likely be in there.

Also - they should go with the more used "Lillian," otherwise the poor kid will spend her life explaining it's one "L" not two.

I somehow doubt that Lilian will be the first name of the little girl, although I'm pretty sure the name is going to be somewhere in there. I'm thinking something along the lines of Alice, Amelie, Eleanor, Elise and Josephine. I initially had high hopes for a little Saga, but if they're going all in with this title thing and make her a Princess, it's just not going to work (a little Saga O'Neill would have been smashing though) - same goes for Alma, which was one of my big contenders as well.

With the title of Princess:
Alice Silvia Lilian Eva/Maria
Amelie Silvia Pauline Eva/Maria
Josephine Silvia Lilian Maria

Without the title of Princess:
Alma Pauline Lilian (Eva/Maria/Silvia)
Clara Alice (Eva/Maria/Silvia) Pauline
Saga Lilian (Silvia) Maria

I'm so happy for her she's having a little girl as it's what she was hoping for!!! :) :) :) <3

I bet she'll have Lilian somewhere in her name. Not sure about the 1st name though, Victoria would be nice.

I like Astrid and Annika personally.

Princess Estelle having a little female cousin!! Wow :wub:
I'm so happy for them!
These names are my predictions for Madeleine's little girl

Alva Birgitta Ragnhild Louise
or
Clara Amélie Désirèe Lilian

I hope they break the four name tradition and choose only three names.
Louise Maria Victoria
Louise after Madeleine's best friend, Maria is a family name on Chris' mother's side and Victoria because she is Madeleine's sister and especially since she is the future Queen.

In the Royal Baby Names thread, I suggested these combinations for Madeleine and Chris's child:

Boy

Carl Gustav (f) Johan Arthur

Girl

Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta

I have also thought of the following name combinations:

Girl:

Lilian Eva Silvia Maria
Sofie Lovisa Josephine Victoria
Amelie Louise Madeleine Ingrid

Boy

Frederick Carl Gustaf Paul
Gustaf Arthur Frederick Christopher
Oscar Carl Gustaf Christopher

:ohmy: Lovisa ? :whistling:

Lovisa is an old Swedish name that as been used in the Swedish Royal Family before. Excuse me, and I may be missing something here, but I don't see what is wrong with this name?

Well, Madde doesn't have to go out and buy a baby name book.

She can just read this thread!

I suppose Madde will be conferring with Victoria about which names Victoria will NOT use for a future child. If Victoria has dibs on Lillian, perhaps then Rhagnild? Or Ragna. I think Ragna is a Swedish name which a classmate had but maybe it's Norwegian. That is pronounced Rahgna. In Seattle we had many Scandinavians. I admired the tallest girl in my school of 1700 students, Solveig Ivarson. (I was the second tallest, I think). Solveig (sunshine) is a great name, but I'm not sure if it's Swedish or Norwegian. We had lots of both in Seattle. Some of those Scandinavian names hop back and forth between Norway and Sweden.

I think Solveig is prounced Sol-Vay, but in Seattle the unfamiliar name was usually pronounced with the harder "g" sound. Solvay O'Neill sounds good. But I'm still ready for Lillian, Lilliana, or just plain Lily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom