Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting about the name Tiffany -- I'd always assumed it was a fad related to naming girls after the famous jewelry store, much as people name their daughters "Chanel."

Thanks for noting it!

I realize that both Caroline and Charlotte are the feminine of Charles (or Carl), but I was curious which is the traditional Swedish use.
Carolina - Nordic Names Wiki - Name Origin, Meaning and Statistics
Charlotte - Nordic Names Wiki - Name Origin, Meaning and Statistics
plenty of choice :flowers:

My reasoning is:
Chris seems to be closer to his maternal sisters.
Eva was born in Czechoslovakia. As Sudeten Germans, her family had to leave, and yet...
They seem to have a theme going with the names of the women in their family. Celina is also used in Eastern Europe. Of course it could all be a coincidence or just me reading too much into it.
Anyway, if they were to incorporate an Eastern European name, it wouldn't be the main name.

Celina is latin/greek name that is very popular in western Europe. It doesn't have eastern origins even if becoming common there.

Eva's daughters had fathers from Germany or German descent, and Natasha's husband is Austrian. In their cases the names are very likely family names. I highly doubt, unless they name of his maternal sisters a godmother and use her name like Estelle has Mary, we will see any Eastern European names. The only O'Neil name I see being used, could be wrong, is Eva or Maria.

my guess:Christina Sibylla Alice Lilian
and i think Emma Penald will be one of the godmother of Princess Madeleine's daughter.and Natasha or Tatjana will be too.

I would love to see Sofia's face if Emma and CP were godparents.

I think Vic and a sister for Chris, and then not sure who. Not sure we will see any royals. I'd like Emma, but fear because of CP, she wont be chosen which is a shame considering how close she and Maddie are.

I am often proved wrong but think the two sure bets in the name are Eva and Sylvia.

Victoria may be included if she is godmother, like Estelle has Mary.

Princess Alice Eva Silvia Victoria

Princess Lilian Eva Silvia Christina

Princess Amelie Eva Silvia Lilian

Last edited:
yes I fear that Emma won´t be chosen. But I´m pretty sure Louise will be among the godmothers.

my guess:Christina Sibylla Alice Lilian
and i think Emma Penald will be one of the godmother of Princess Madeleine's daughter.and Natasha or Tatjana will be too.

I would love to see Sofia's face if Emma and CP were godparents.

I think Vic and a sister for Chris, and then not sure who. Not sure we will see any royals. I'd like Emma, but fear because of CP, she wont be chosen which is a shame considering how close she and Maddie are.
Why on earth would Madeleine even think of doing such a thing. Not only would it hurt her brother and insult and hurt the woman he loves but cause humiliation to her own family by giving the the media yet more really nasty scandalous fodder.

My guess for the godparents, some candidates: :)

Princess Victoria
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Princess Märtha-Louise
Princess Mette-Marit

Prince Carl-Philip
Chris' bestman
Prince Joackim
Prince Frederik
Prince Constantijn

:previous: I dont think so. To much royalty for a child that far away from the throne. I think the godparents will be close family members and close friends.

Last edited:
Why on earth would Madeleine even think of doing such a thing. Not only would it hurt her brother and insult and hurt the woman he loves but cause humiliation to her own family by giving the the media yet more really nasty scandalous fodder.

Possibly because Maddie and Emma have been best friends for many years, apart from her brother once dating her. It should not cause any kind of scandal. The only thing that would happen is CP getting his feathers ruffled

Royal expert Roger Lundgren (who wrote queen Silvia's Jubilee Book) writes at this blog that he thinks that there will be five godparents: Victoria or Carl Philip, one of Chris' sisters, Madeleine's best friend Louise Gottlieb, Chris' friend Cedric Notz and someone from either the norwegian or danish royal family, maybe crown princess Mette-Marit or prince Joachim.
Snart får vi veta barnets namn och titlar « KUNGLIGT – bakom kulissen med Roger Lundgren

Royal expert Roger Lundgren (who wrote queen Silvia's Jubilee Book) writes at this blog that he thinks that there will be five godparents: Victoria or Carl Philip, one of Chris' sisters, Madeleine's best friend Louise Gottlieb, Chris' friend Cedric Notz and someone from either the norwegian or danish royal family, maybe crown princess Mette-Marit or prince Joachim.
Snart får vi veta barnets namn och titlar « KUNGLIGT – bakom kulissen med Roger Lundgren

Makes sense, considering how close the Scandi royals are.

I could see

Victoria
Tatjana
Louise
Cedric
Joachim

Hoping for Vik and not CP but

CP
Cedric
Marie/Joachim (see Joachim if they decide to like Estelle, 3 men, 2 women)
Tatjana/Natasha (or one of his paternal sisters)
Louise

I honestly doubt that Joachim will be godfather. I just can't see it happening. If anyone from the DRF, Marie or Frederik. It would also be nice if they chose one of Princess Benedikte's children as Benedikte is her godmother. However, I somehow doubt we'll see anyone from the DRF be godparent. Mette Marit is much more likely than any of the Danes, but I think they will choose family and friends rather than foreign royals.

My guess:
* Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (since she is the oldest)
* Tatjana d'Abo (see reasoning above)
* A Bernadotte cousin or Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Princess Marie of Denmark, Hereditary Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg or Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway
* A friend of Christopher
* A friend of Madeleine (probably Louise Gottleib, I agree)

As for the little one's name, my top contenders remain to be Alice and Pauline (not only does Pauline honour Christopher's late father, Sofia of Nassau's mother was Princess Pauline of Württemberg, so it has Bernadotte-roots as well). I have been toying around a bit with Astrid, Augusta (Joséphine of Leuchtenberg's mother and grandmother were both named Augusta - and Madeleine's own fourth name is after Joséphine), Cecilia, Elisa and even Ingrid lately, but I'm not sure. Should the unlikely happen that she wont be titled, Saga is my top contender. Saga O'Neill is absolutely precious.

Ok so today it is time to reveal the "secret". My last bid is Paula Eva Maria Silvia Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom