The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Commoner

Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

I have not a clue or cannot out in a guess for the first name but I definitely think that Lillian will be in there somewhere for sure. Ella is also quite a sweet name so maybe that? I really do not know....I also like the idea of Alice being in the name.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

For Madeleine and Christopher's daughter: Cecilia Helena Maria Frederica

Old 01-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Would it be weird for the little girl to be a Princess if her father doesn't have a title?
The sons of the Dutch princess Margriet are princes while her husband has no title, the ties between the Dutch and Swedish royal families are close.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gossip magazine Se & Hör "knows" the name, on it's cover:
Four weeks remaining for Madde
That's why the baby will be called Cassandra
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SOH.jpg
Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Gentry

Huh Cassandra??? Anyone know why?

I must say I don't like the name at all.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

How do Se & Hör know what will babys name will be? Personally I don't believe it will be Cassandra.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Just out of interest, were Se & Hor or any of the other Swedish gossip magazines speculating on Estelle's name before she was born?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Huh Cassandra??? Anyone know why?

I must say I don't like the name at all.
Well Se & Hor is a gossip magazine, and gossip magazines usually just speculate and spread rumours, so don't worry, it may not be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
How do Se & Hör know what will babys name will be? Personally I don't believe it will be Cassandra.
Agreed. Unless Se & Hor have been told by Madeleine and Chris themselves, then I can't think how they know the name of their baby girl. On a slightly different note, I have nothing against the name Cassandra, but I hope it's just a rumour as I'm really hoping for a little Lovisa or Alice! Cassandra is also the last name I expected Madeleine and Chris to choose -- in fact, I didn't think about it. It doesn't sound very Swedish either. (But I guess since Madeleine and Chris are lower down in the line of succession, it doesn't really matter how Swedish-sounding the little one's name is.)
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Courtier

I don't think she will be Cassandra (the name is hideous!)
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

It is possible that Chris and Madeleine may have not even chosen a name yet, they may have some names picked out, however may still have to make their final decision. I am sure they will choose a nice name.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Nobility

Why not Lilian ??? I think it would be a lovely choice in memory of Princess Lilian. The name is beautiful.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Gentry

I'm pretty confident they will name her Lilian. The late Princess Lilian was a greatly beloved grandmotherly figure for Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Nobility

The only reason I don't see them using Lilian IMO, is if Victoria wishes to use it for another daughter. Id be shocked if neither used it, considering how close they were to Lilian before she died.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Courtier

I think Madeleine was very very close to Lilian (perhaps closer than Victoria was) so I guess Lilian will be somewhere in the baby's name.. Maybe not her 1st but as a middle name
Old 02-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree, I think there is a 99% chance that Lillian will feature in the baby's name combination. However, CyrilVladisla, I love your suggestion. Very beautiful names which haven't been used in the SRF for a while.

Though after all this time I'm still sticking with Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I think Madeleine was very very close to Lilian (perhaps closer than Victoria was) so I guess Lilian will be somewhere in the baby's name.. Maybe not her 1st but as a middle name
According to the swedish royal experts and swedish press, Victoria was the closest to Lilian after queen Silvia and Carl Philip was very close to prince Bertil (he was CP's godfather) and therefore to Lilian too. Some experts have said that Madeleine was the one of the siblings who had the most distant relationship to Lilian, but of course she loved her. The swedish press has pointed out many times that Lilian supported Victoria and Daniel right from the beginning. Svensk Damtidning told that long before it was official that Victoria and Daniel were a couple, Lilian had a photo of them at her table. Lilian had told to her friend: "The king doesn't want me to keep it there, but I keep it there anyway".

Because Madeleine sees her mother as her idol, I would expect Silvia as one of the names, and Maria from the O'Neill site and possibly Victoria.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree, I think there is a 99% chance that Lillian will feature in the baby's name combination. However, CyrilVladisla, I love your suggestion. Very beautiful names which haven't been used in the SRF for a while.

Though after all this time I'm still sticking with Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta.
HereditaryPrincess, Thank you!!
Princess Cecilia of Sweden (1540-1627) was the daughter of King Gustav I.
Helena Sverkersdotter (1190-1247) was the daughter of King Sverker II of Sweden.
Princess Maria Elisabeth of Sweden (1596-1618) was a daughter of King Charles IX.
Frederica of Baden (1781-1826) was Queen Consort, wife of Gustaf IV Adolf. They had a daughter, Princess Cecilia (1807-1844).
Old 02-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

I personally like the name Cassandra.

While I would not normally pay too much attention to a tabloid's announcement, Madde has been known to put personal details out over the internet - Facebook, the due date and gender on the baby registry. So I would not necessarily be surprised if the tabloids picked it up over the internet.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses:

Lillian Silvia Eva Victoria
Amelie Lillian Silvia Alice
Josephine Silvia Eva Lillian
Ingrid Silvia Eva Lillian
Here is my final guess:

Désirée Silvia Eva Victoria
Old 02-21-2014, 03:13 AM
Nobility

I don't see Desiree or a name in use by any of her close family really. I think she will want something of her own, maybe a nod to her family but not so near, like Estelle. Along with Princess Desiree, her Aunt, I believe she has at least one cousin named Desiree. I could be wrong, but think she will stray away from it.

Lilian Marie Silvia Victoria (the last if Vic is godmother which she likely will be)

Amelie Eva Silvia Lilian
Old 02-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Nobility

Josephine Maria Silvia Victoria
Cecilia Maria Silvia Sibylla
Louisa Maria Alice Victoria

Tags
chris o'neill, godparents, names, princess madeleine