Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess:

Lilian Victoria Silvia Mary.

But I still don't know for sure if she will be Miss Lilian O'Neill, HRH Princess Lilian, Duchess of [someplace in Sweden] or HH Princess Lilian of Sweden.

I would rather prefer Countess Lilian O'Neill, but I know it's not possible.

It will be HH for the little girl. The courts solicitor confirmed it a few weeks ago.

Would the name of the little girl be announced in the announcement of her birth or later in an other announcement?

It will be HH for the little girl. The courts solicitor confirmed it a few weeks ago.

The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning, that the child will be a prince or a princess. Because Madeleine is still HRH, the child will also be a HRH.
SDT1338_

Would the name of the little girl be announced in the announcement of her birth or later in an other announcement?

I think it'll be announced the day after the birth, l
as with Princess Estelle.

The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning, that the child will be a prince or a princess. Because Madeleine is still HRH, the child will also be a HRH.
SDT1338_

OK, then my source was not entirly correct. They wrote the baby would be a HH. But I tend to believe a swedish magazin more than a german one. Because A: German magazines are always writing more (completely ridicoulus) fiction than fact. And because B: the swedish magazines do not have to translate the words of the solicitor and thus they have space for errors. Thanks for that link which corrected my words.

I do not think they will give Mini-Maddie a name that sounds very Swedish, like Astrid or Raghnild.

If you want your kid to have an international upbringing and potential schooling in NY, you should give it an international name.

Also, my bet is on 3 names, as Chris has only 2 so you would not want your kid to outshine the dad.

I would go for Lilian as a first name. Very international and modern. I just cannot foresee if Madeleine's relationship to princess Lilian was so close that she would name Mini-Maddie after her.

As second, third and potential fourth names, my bet is on Eva, Sylvia and Victoria.

SDT1338_

Thanks for the update Lady Finn,at least we now know it will be a Princess.

I would go for Lilian as a first name. Very international and modern. I just cannot foresee if Madeleine's relationship to princess Lilian was so close that she would name Mini-Maddie after her.

I heard from a swedish friend of my parents that Princess Lilian was very close to Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine, like a grandmother.

I believe the little Princess will be named Lilian.

Lilian would be a nice name, I believe. My mother's name was Lillian. Pretty name that isn't common. I also like the name Christine or Christina.

If the baby is a boy, Christopher or Nicholas.

Thanks for the update Lady Finn,at least we now know it will be a Princess.

So it looks that the king has made a decision about this very early. But of course we get the final decision when the child is born. Nothing is certain before that. But it would be odd if the child would't get a title when the king's solicitor has said so.

Last edited:
How about a slight variation, but still an homage..Princess Lilliana Christina

I'm quite confused by this post.

Lovisa is an old Swedish name that as been used in the Swedish Royal Family before. Excuse me, and I may be missing something here, but I don't see what is wrong with this name?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't see anything wrong with the name Lovisa, I personally find it rather pretty and pleasing to say. I also like "unused" (or names that haven't been used for a while) family names which is why I suggested it.

scooter, I love your suggestion of Lilliana Christina. It sounds elegant and beautiful. :flowers:

Now we know that Madeleine and Chris are having a girl; here are my suggestions:

Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta (I'm still sticking with this one)
Amelie Maria Silvia Victoria
Sophie Emma Madeleine Louise
Helena Victoria Silvia Maria
Désirée Sibylla Ingrid Anna

As much as I like traditional names, part of me thinks that Madeleine and Chris might choose a more modern name, so I checked last year's most popular Swedish girl's names (there isn't an update yet) and they are:

1. Alice
2. Elsa
3. Julia
4. Ella
5. Maja
6. Ebba
7. Emma
8. Linnea
9. Molly
10. Alva
11. Wilma
12. Agnes
13. Klara
13. Nellie
15. Isabelle
16. Olivia
17. Alicia
18. Ellen
19. Lily
20. Stella

Out of the list I like Alice, Ella, Emma, Alva, Klara, Olivia, Alicia, Ellen, Lily and Stella.
How about: Alice Josephine Thérèse Alva?

Last edited:
I could totally see them using a popular Swedish name that has a bit of regality to it. Alice is spot on. It's regal, it's popular in Sweden and it was the name of Queen Silvia's mum. I'm pretty sure that is going to be in the combination somewhere. I hope that they will use a name that is suitable with the title of Princess. I mean, I am the biggest fan of Saga, but Princess Saga just sounds like some video game. Same with Tindra (which I believe is quite popular in Sweden as well?), Princess Tindra just sounds off.

Julia, Emma (would Emma Pernald rule that one out?) and Isabelle fit the same criteria.

However, at the same time I could see them go untraditional as well. I would really like Pauline after Christopher's father. That would also honour the French origins of the SRF.

Out of that list I like Ebba Ella Emma as the full name.

To the English speaking ears it sounds like someone reciting the alphabet in Swedish.

P.S. Given all of these -es and -el sounds, Estelle does not seem that far off in modern Swedish naming patterns, does it?

Would it be weird for the little girl to be a Princess if her father doesn't have a title?

Would it be weird for the little girl to be a Princess if her father doesn't have a title?

King Edward VII of United Kingdom gave the title of Princess and the style of Highness to his granddaughters by his eldest daughter, The Princess Royal. Their father was a Duke.

The Prince of Wales and The Princess Royal are a Prince and Princess since their births (1948 and 1950), but The Duke of Edinburgh only became a Prince of the United Kingdom in 1957.

But I don't think there's a precedence in Sweden.

Lilian Solveig (pronouned Sol-vay) With nickname Lili. Sunshine (Solveig) in the name is for happiness and lightness. Eva has already been used by Victoria but perhaps it should be added to honor the paternal grandmom. She is little discussed, looked so single at the wedding--so alone. She needs to be drawn into the circle. After all, little Lillian could look just like her, depending on genetic roulette.

Solveig is very old-fashioned. My study counsellor is called Solvejg (or among us students, Sunway) and she is nearing 70. It has a lovely meaning though. Eleanor (or Eleonora, like the Swedish Queen Ulrika Eleonora) means "sun ray".

Unless Victoria will use Lilian, I could see Maddie using Lily (on the list of popular names) as a more modern sounding honor to Lilian. And if they want to avoid Eva because of Estelle, Maria for his mother.

Lily Maria Silvia Victoria

or if Lilian is reserved for Vic

Alice Maria Silvia Victoria

godparents:
Victoria
one of Chris' sisters
two friends of the couple (likely male friends to balance the two sisters)

I have no idea. I think she will give the baby 3 names. One of the might be "Lilian" but I don't see it a possible first name. I think she will strike us with an unusual/ unconventional name like Victoria with Estelle :)

I have not a clue or cannot out in a guess for the first name but I definitely think that Lillian will be in there somewhere for sure. Ella is also quite a sweet name so maybe that? I really do not know....I also like the idea of Alice being in the name.

:crown2:For Madeleine and Christopher's daughter: Cecilia Helena Maria Frederica

:previous: I agree, I think there is a 99% chance that Lillian will feature in the baby's name combination. However, CyrilVladisla, I love your suggestion. Very beautiful names which haven't been used in the SRF for a while.

Though after all this time I'm still sticking with Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta.

HereditaryPrincess, Thank you!!
Princess Cecilia of Sweden (1540-1627) was the daughter of King Gustav I.
Helena Sverkersdotter (1190-1247) was the daughter of King Sverker II of Sweden.
Princess Maria Elisabeth of Sweden (1596-1618) was a daughter of King Charles IX.
Frederica of Baden (1781-1826) was Queen Consort, wife of Gustaf IV Adolf. They had a daughter, Princess Cecilia (1807-1844).:princess2::crown2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The sons of the Dutch princess Margriet are princes while her husband has no title, the ties between the Dutch and Swedish royal families are close.

Huh Cassandra??? Anyone know why?

I must say I don't like the name at all.

How do Se & Hör know what will babys name will be? Personally I don't believe it will be Cassandra.

Just out of interest, were Se & Hor or any of the other Swedish gossip magazines speculating on Estelle's name before she was born?

Huh Cassandra??? Anyone know why?

I must say I don't like the name at all.

Well Se & Hor is a gossip magazine, and gossip magazines usually just speculate and spread rumours, so don't worry, it may not be true. :flowers: ;)

How do Se & Hör know what will babys name will be? Personally I don't believe it will be Cassandra.

Agreed. Unless Se & Hor have been told by Madeleine and Chris themselves, then I can't think how they know the name of their baby girl. On a slightly different note, I have nothing against the name Cassandra, but I hope it's just a rumour as I'm really hoping for a little Lovisa or Alice! Cassandra is also the last name I expected Madeleine and Chris to choose -- in fact, I didn't think about it. It doesn't sound very Swedish either. (But I guess since Madeleine and Chris are lower down in the line of succession, it doesn't really matter how Swedish-sounding the little one's name is.)

Last edited:
I don't think she will be Cassandra (the name is hideous!)

It is possible that Chris and Madeleine may have not even chosen a name yet, they may have some names picked out, however may still have to make their final decision. I am sure they will choose a nice name.:flowers:

Why not Lilian ??? I think it would be a lovely choice in memory of Princess Lilian. The name is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom