Madeleine & Chris's 3rd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boy or Girl?

• Boy?

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Girl?

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Twins

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A random guess.

I have no idea about the first name so they are picked randomly:lol:,
Girl:
Josephine/Josefina Victoria Tatjana (aunt)
Boy:
Johan/Johannes Daniel Henry (uncle in law), or having Christopher as one of the middle name (like Chris who has his father's name as his middle names?)

Godparents:
Daniel
Chris's sister from the father side
Chris's niece (I'm not sure are his nieces old enough to be godparents)
Madeleine's cousin
Parents' common friend

Duchy:
Uppland? just because it is next to the duchy of Madeleine and Nicolas:lol:.

I have a feeling that it's a girl they're expecting, but I have no idea about the name. Leonore and Nicolas came totally out of nowhere for me so the only thing I know is that the name will me a long english sounding name.

Godparents? Daniel or Sofia is for sure I think. Apart from that I think it will be a O'Neill relative along with a friend or two.

Duchy? I have a secret wish there. Since Sweden is divided in three parts (Götaland, Svealand and Norrland) I think it would be great that #3 get's a duchy from the last remaining part. Leonores Duchy is from Götaland, Nicolas Duchy is from Norrland, which leaves Svealand for #3.

Värmland, Dalarna and Södermanland is already in use by Carl Philip and his sons, which leaves Uppland, Västmanland and Närke. One of these three duchys would be great for #3.

Godparents I don't think they will break the pattern they have shown so far. They have done 6 godparents for each child, 3 from Chris and 3 from Madeleine. 2 family members and 1 friend each.

Leonor:
Tatjana d'abo (chris sister)
Ernst abensberg von truan (chris' brother in law)
Alice Bramford (chris friend)
Victoria (Madeleine's sister)
Patrick Sommerlath (Maddie's maternal cousin)
Louise Gotlieb (Maddie's best friend)

Nicolas:
Natascha abensberg von truan (chris sister)
Henry d'abo (chris brother in law)
Marco Wajselfisz (chris friend)
Prince Carl Philip (Madeleine's brother)
Gustaf Magnuson (Madeleine's paternal cousin)
Katarina von Horn (Madeleine's friend)

New baby I could see since she has already used a cousin from both sides, Madeleine using both her brother and sister in law (Chris used both his brother in laws on mom's side). Hopefully we will see one of Chris' paternal sisters used this time.

possible:
-Prince Daniel (Madeleine brother in law)
-Princess Sofia (Madeleine's sister in law)
-Stefanie, Annalisa or Karen O'Neil (Chris' paternal half sisters)
-maybe one of Chris' nieces or nephews-the nephews might be a bit young (teens but not sure if they usually go with adults)
-friend each of the couple, maybe we will see Chris' best man Cedric finally

Nicolas and Leonor while unusual do have a certain family link. They are variations at least of family names. Leonor is of course a form of Eleanor/a which is a Swedish royal family. Nicolas is a form of Niclas (Desiree's husband). We may see another name that is a more modern version of a family/royal name. Perhaps a more English sounding form, for Chris. The middle names of the kids so far have been family names. Leonor has Lilian for Princess Lilian and Maria for Eva Oneil. Nicolas is named for both grandfathers.

If a girl I think we will see Silvia/Renee to honor the queen finally. Josephine is highly likely. Not only as a middle name of Madeleine, but it is Chris' paternal grandmother's name. Chris' grandmothers were Maria and Josephine, and we have already seen Maria (both Eva and her mother's name).

Princess (first name) Renee Josephine

I could see them using perhaps Alice as a first name, going direct family, for Silvia's mother. Nice English name for Chris. But would be a change for them.

Princess Alice Josephine Renee

boy:

Prince (first name) Christopher Andreas (Andreas for Maddie's godfather)

My final guesses

Ingrid
Alice
Amelie
Desiree
Catherine
Marie
Louise
Helena

My guess :

Louise Alice Victoria
Josephine Helena Desiree

So happy about our new Princess. I'm thinking it might be a:

Elisa Renate Josephine, Duchess of Uppland
or
Mariette Renate Josephine, Duchess of Västerbotten
or
Esther Renate Maria, Duchess of Närke
or
Bianca Maria Renate, Duchess of Bohuslän

The poll is no closed. Congratulations to everybody who guessed correctly!

Cecilia Is also one of my guesses. I find it beautiful and regal for a royal.

So happy about our new Princess. I'm thinking it might be a:

Elisa Renate Josephine, Duchess of Uppland
or
Mariette Renate Josephine, Duchess of Västerbotten
or
Esther Renate Maria, Duchess of Närke
or
Bianca Maria Renate, Duchess of Bohuslän

Sorry, I cant help it but when I read this one, all that pops in my head is Estelle and Esther, the two old ladies of the Swedish royals.?

Since her name is being announced on Victoria's name day, I would love to see Victoria included.

Princess Alice Victoria Renee

Princess Renee Josephine Victoria

Princess Sibylla Josephine Renee

Here are my guesses (only the name):

Julia Sibylla Renate
Teresa Renate Alice
Isabella May Victoria

Duchess of Öland

I keep forgetting that Silvia's middle name is Renate not Renee. Oops :sad: Well I love the name Renate :flowers:

I wonder if they will do like Nicolas, and choose a province which has never been given as a royal duchy before. There are six provinces of the 25 which have still never had a royal duke. Nicolas is the first holder of his.

Duchess of Medelpad would make sense if they chose a new one. Leonor's province borders one of her mother's. And there is only one province between Nicolas' and his mother's other province, and that is Medelpad.

If they choose to use one that has been used previously Duchess of Vasterbotten might be a nice nod to the king's parents.

My Final guesses:

Josephine Louise ameile
Louise Alice Josephine
Ingrid Victoria Josephine
Desiree Victoria Alice
Alice Ingrid Josephine
Helena Alice Amelie
Josephine Alice Ingrid
Lovisa Ingrid Alice
Ingrid Josephine Alice
Desiree Alice Ingrid
Cecilia Alice Josephine
Louisa Josephine Alice

With Madeleine I barely take a guess on first name, as hers are usually unexpected variations of family names.

I know everyone hopes for Alice (thinking should have been used already) and while I love the name I am more hoping for an honor to the queen. I find it odd she didn't honor her mother in Leonor.

I really would love to see Victoria Renate or Silvia Victoria as middle names (Victoria since the little princess is getting her name on Victoria's name day).

Since Leonor has Maria for Eva (and Eva's mom), Josephine would be a nod to Chris' paternal grandmother.

Last guesses. First name I doubt I will come close but here goes:

Princess Alice Victoria Renate
Princess Josephine Alice Silvia
Princess Sibylla Alice Josephine
Princess Victoria Sibylla Josephine
Princess Renate Sibylla Josephine

I have a feeling we will again see an original name/or variation of family name like her siblings. And nod to the family in middle, great-grandmothers or hopefully queen. Maybe Victoria.

Maybe even as a variation (and not my forgetting what queen's middle name is actually)

Princess Renee Alice Josephine

I'm hopeless at guessing names but its fun to wonder, so my guess is following:
Princess Johanna Lilian Silvia
Princess Astrid Renata Josephine
Princess Lovisa Sibylla Silvia
Princess Sigrid Renata Thérèse
Princess Helena Amelie Victoria

I'm hopeless at guessing names but its fun to wonder, so my guess is following:
Princess Johanna Lilian Silvia
Princess Astrid Renata Josephine
Princess Lovisa Sibylla Silvia
Princess Sigrid Renata Thérèse
Princess Helena Amelie Victoria

Lilian is one of Leonor's so I wouldn't expect to see again :flowers:

My final guess:

Princess Caroline Alice ? (family name from Chris side), Duchess of Närke

Marielle Victoria Josephine, Duchess of Öland
Pauline Victoria Desirée, Duchess of Småland
Margaret Josephine Renate, Duchess of Medelpad

I don't think I have a chance of guessing correctly but I think they may choose something classic but slightly more modern or simple perhaps similar to the names they chose for Leonor and Nicholas.

Elise, Emma, Emily/Amelia, Olivia, Stephanie,

I am sure the names are completely wrong but it's fun to guess ? but I'm looking forward to seeing what they have selected

Adrienne Josephine Alice - Duchess of Blekinge

Very different from any guesses I could have made

Adrienne is very unusual. I don't think anyone would have guessed that. But I like it, also love Josephine Alice.

A first name completely out of the blue, which seems to be some kind of tradition with all the swedish royal grandchildren. I really like that they all gave their kids a name they really like and add them with traditional family names.

ADRIENNE JOSEPHINE ALICE is a very nice name. Unique but at the same time a beatiful nod to Madeleines french heritage.

Adrienne, that's a pretty name. - And pretty international as well.

I like the name, too!
French flavour like the name Madeleine, too.....
BYe Bine

The Duchy of Blekinge has not been held previously as far as I'm aware ,I don't think any of us guessed it.

Godparents for Princess Adrienne:

Miss Anouska d'Abo
Mrs Coralie Charriol Paul
Mr Nader Panahpour
Baron Gustav Thott
Mrs Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund
Mrs Natalie Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom