Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonore didn't have foreign royals as godparents, so it's quite unlikely her younger brother will get one.
I think Carl Philip is a shoo-in. Natascha von Abensberg-Traun might be too, or maybe they'll choose one of Chris' paternal half sisters.
Then one of Madeleine's cousins from her father's side and two or three friends.

My bet for the godparents: 6 godparents, just like sister Leonore. Madde and Chris each pick 3. As with Leonore, Chris will make sure his 3 godparent picks are good catholics:

Chris's picks:
His sister Natascha
His oldest niece from sister Tatiana
A male friend

Madde's picks
Carl-Philip
A male cousin
A female friend

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Svensk Damtidning speculated on their last week's issue about the godparents and got these candidates, from which Madeleine and Chris can pick the godparents:
Cedric Notz, the friend and bestman of Chris
Lovisa de Geer or Ellen Dinkelspiel, Madeleine's friends
Carl Philip
Daniel
Chris's sister, possibly Annalisa O'Neill from his father's side
Madeleine's cousin

Last edited:
I do not think that it is particularly surprising that it will be Carl Philip godfather. Definitely will be also some sister of Chris. And the others natural friends of the couple.

@Lady Finn - so does Expressen know as fact that Carl Philip is one of the godparents, or is Lindwall speculating? The CIO is not willing to confirm that story.

Of course it isn't a fact. The court hasn't told it at a press release, Margareta Thorgren hasn't confirmed it to the media either.
Lindwall has quite good connections and sometimes he gets it right at the things concerning the royal family, sometimes he doesn't. This time it is quite easy to say that Carl Philip will be a godfather. It would be really surprising if he wouldn't be chosen as a godfather.

I think the Cp is a safe betting! No wonder there are lots of guesses, as Carl Philips is the easiest speculation. The difficult part, would be the guess of the other godparents.

Margareta Thorgren said that the godparents will be told on the day of the christening. But on Leonore's christening, there was a rehearsal a day before and the press got photos of those who were the godparents and speculated, and the court published the godparents then, the day before the christening.

I never understood keeping the names of godparents secret until the day of the christening. Why?

:previous: You beat me to it :D
I find it interesting that Carl Philip told the press now, I wonder if we'll find out the names of the other godparents before the christening or if Carl Philip was just a "one off"?

The choice of Carl Philip doesn't surprise me as I had suspected that either he or Victoria would be chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom