Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. There are a lot of Eleonores (and variants of the name) in Europe and other RFs (I do believe there is a Princess Eleonora in Brazil, but I could be incorrect here) and I think that's one of the most popular names within the royal world at the moment.

Princess Eleonora of Brazil (now the Princess of Ligne) is married to the 14th Prince of Ligne, so she lives in Belgium. She's a younger sister of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil. :flowers:

But the Princess of Ligne is a 61 years old woman, she's far from the age group of the little girls who share a name with her.

Hallo!

I was happy when I heard that Madeleine and Chris are expecting their second child. I wonder if she is going to give birth in Sweden this time, as her brother is going to marry mid June.

Girl:
Josephine Silvia Alice
Katharina Erna Lisanne

Boy:
Frederik Carl Paul
Arthur Walter Anton

I so hope that Victoria will have the same happy news soon. She deserves it.

I think that it will be a boy this time.

As for the name I believe it will be extremely hard to guess. Like with their daughter they won't go for a traditional name but look for something modern und not very common.

Catherine is a great suggestion and I didn't realise there had been Queens of Sweden with that name in the past. However, I'm not sure if it's the same in Sweden, but I read the Scandinavian way of spelling Catherine is Cathrin.
The Swedish way of spelling Catherine is Katarina, not Cathrin (the use use of c and th is not traditional in Swedish names). Katrin and Karin are two Swedish nicknames/diminutives of Katarina. Here's a list of (among others) Swedish queens, princesses and a saint (Katarina Ulfsdotter, daughter of saint Birgitta of Sweden): Katarina – Wikipedia

I think that it will be a boy this time.

As for the name I believe it will be extremely hard to guess. Like with their daughter they won't go for a traditional name but look for something modern und not very common.

I agree on both counts. :flowers: A boy, and the name choice (for them) will be uncommon and unexpected. But I'll take a running guess: Prince Stephan.

I agree on both counts. :flowers: A boy, and the name choice (for them) will be uncommon and unexpected. But I'll take a running guess: Prince Stephan.

I think that if it is a boy, the first name must be Carl, as all of Madeleine's aunts have one son called Carl (or Charles), her father is named Carl and her brother is called Carl.

I also think that if Victoria and Carl Philip will have sons, one of each is called Carl.

Princess Eleonora of Brazil (now the Princess of Ligne) is married to the 14th Prince of Ligne, so she lives in Belgium. She's a younger sister of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil. :flowers:

But the Princess of Ligne is a 61 years old woman, she's far from the age group of the little girls who share a name with her.

Thank you for the confirmation. :flowers: For some reason I've always thought that Princess Eleonora was in her twenties. I'm not that knowledgeable about the Brazilian Imperial Family and am still learning which explains why I thought that.

Hallo!

I was happy when I heard that Madeleine and Chris are expecting their second child. I wonder if she is going to give birth in Sweden this time, as her brother is going to marry mid June.

Girl:
Josephine Silvia Alice
Katharina Erna Lisanne

That's an interesting suggestion. Where do Erna and Lisanne come from? (I'm not asking this in a negative way by the way, just curious.) The only Lisanne I know of who is connected to royalty is Princess Grace of Monaco's sister, who spells her name as Lizanne. But the Monegasque Princely Family isn't related to the SRF.

The Swedish way of spelling Catherine is Katarina, not Cathrin (the use use of c and th is not traditional in Swedish names). Katrin and Karin are two Swedish nicknames/diminutives of Katarina. Here's a list of (among others) Swedish queens, princesses and a saint (Katarina Ulfsdotter, daughter of saint Birgitta of Sweden): Katarina – Wikipedia

Thank you for the extra information. :flowers:

Looking at all of Chris' Nieces names they all have Maria as a middle name. I think if they have a boy one of the middle names will be Christopher.

I think that if it is a boy, the first name must be Carl, as all of Madeleine's aunts have one son called Carl (or Charles), her father is named Carl and her brother is called Carl.

I also think that if Victoria and Carl Philip will have sons, one of each is called Carl.

I was thinking that, too, so maybe Carl Stephan - hmmm...... not euphonious. :p Or maybe just not familiar. It's okay. Prince Carl Stephan. Could live with it. ;)

Or maybe in case they have a boy, they'll use one of Chris's father names.

Or maybe in case they have a boy, they'll use one of Chris's father names.

Exactly so. :flowers: After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? ;) Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?

Exactly so. :flowers: After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? ;) Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?

According to Wiki, it seems to be Paulus, but I'm not sure.

Paulus – Wikipedia

I think it would be troublesome for grandparents to call: "Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, time to go to bed!"
"Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, breakfast is ready!"
"Victoria's Carl, give a teddy bear back to Carl Philipp's Carl!"
"Madeleine's Carl, don't kick Victoria's Carl!" etc...:ROFLMAO::lol:

If I were a grandma of numerous grandchildren I would prefer for each to have a different name.

I think it would be troublesome for grandparents to call: "Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, time to go to bed!"
"Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, breakfast is ready!"
"Victoria's Carl, give a teddy bear back to Carl Philipp's Carl!"
"Madeleine's Carl, don't kick Victoria's Carl!" etc...:ROFLMAO::lol:

If I were a grandma of numerous grandchildren I would prefer for each to have a different name.

They could call them by their second names. :lol:

Or Pauline for a girl, perhaps? Stylistically, Leonore and Pauline are quite similar.

Erik for a boy although I'd rather have Victoria have another and it be Estelle and Erik

Linnea for a girl with Lenore

or else Ewa, Desiree, Sybilla, Alice, Amelie or Katharina

This baby will actually be sixth in line to the throne, and likely to slip down further:

1. Victoria
2. Estelle
3. Carl Philip
4. Madeleine
5. Leonore
6. Baby

Thank you for the confirmation. :flowers: For some reason I've always thought that Princess Eleonora was in her twenties. I'm not that knowledgeable about the Brazilian Imperial Family and am still learning which explains why I thought that.

You're welcome, Hereditary Princess. The Princess of Ligne has a niece called Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, who just turned 30. Maybe that's why you got confused.

But don't worry, there are a lot of Princes and Princesses in the Imperial Family of Brazil and in the House of Orleans-Braganza, which can be quite confusing. Also, they have an awful lot of Princesses called Maria something.

I've just had a thought: since Leonore and Estelle are international names and work well in a lot of countries (as well as having variants of their names, e.g. Leonor for Leonore and Estella for Estelle), I wonder if Madeleine and Chris will name their second child something international or something more Swedish/Nordic. It will be interesting to see.

You're welcome, Hereditary Princess. The Princess of Ligne has a niece called Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, who just turned 30. Maybe that's why you got confused.

But don't worry, there are a lot of Princes and Princesses in the Imperial Family of Brazil and in the House of Orleans-Braganza, which can be quite confusing. Also, they have an awful lot of Princesses called Maria something.

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. :flowers: It must be confusing having all those Marias in the family. I can imagine they mostly go by their other name though.

Pavel is an Old Swedish variant form of Povel, which is an Old Swedish variant form of Pauel (Paul).
Nope, Pavel is the Slavic form of Paul/Paulus. The old Swedish variant is Pål, and Pär is the old Swedish variant of Peter.

That's an interesting suggestion. Where do Erna and Lisanne come from? (I'm not asking this in a negative way by the way, just curious.) The only Lisanne I know of who is connected to royalty is Princess Grace of Monaco's sister, who spells her name as Lizanne. But the Monegasque Princely Family isn't related to the SRF.

Erna Waldau is Silvias Grandmother
Lisanne is a combination of Anna and Elisabeth.
Anna is Chris´Great-grandmother
Elisa is Silvias 2nd Grandmother

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to take a look at Leonore´s ancestry. Thats how I got the Names.

Anna

Erna Waldau is Silvias Grandmother
Lisanne is a combination of Anna and Elisabeth.
Anna is Chris´Great-grandmother
Elisa is Silvias 2nd Grandmother

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to take a look at Leonore´s ancestry. Thats how I got the Names.

Anna

Ah OK, thank you for the information. :flowers: I have looked at Leonore's ancestry before, but mostly her royal ancestors and I'm not very knowledgeable about Chris's family. I was only really aware of his sisters and parents (and also that his mother is in Prince Charles's circle of friends).

I think Lisanne is a very interesting suggestion, and since both Victoria and Madeleine surprised us with Estelle and Leonore (but then again, I guess Leonore isn't as surprising as Estelle, since Eleonora is a historical name for the SRF and the European variants of Eleanor are very popular amongst European Royal Children at the moment) it could be possible.

I have no guesses myself, but I think they will use names easily pronounced/normally spelled in Swedish. So I will give some Swedish input on some of the names here :p

A Girl - Princess Sibylla Victoria Eva Christina

Sibylla, while a good family name, is very unlikely for the simple reason that all over the country there are small huts serving hamburgers and pizzas for cheap called Sibylla. Everyone in Sweden thinks Hamburger when they hear that name. It would be like naming it McDonalds. :ROFLMAO:

I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before. I like the idea of Johan (though out of personal preference I would spell it Johann) however, and Fredrik is an interesting variation of Frederik/Frederick. Is it the Swedish spelling? I've never come across it before.

I agree, no version of Adolph. No way, never.

Johan I highly doubt, since everyone and their mother (father :ROFLMAO:) was named that not long ago. I think people have been fed up with that name. And if it would be that name, it will be spelled Johan. Johann is not a version we use in Sweden.

Yes, Fredrik is the usual spelling in Sweden.

I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.

Catherine is not a name on a Swedish queen. They were Katarina or Kristina or something like that, but might have been translated to other languages when talked about. There is very unlikely for a kid of theirs to be names Catherine since there is almost impossible to pronounce it in Swedish. If they would choose this name it would be the "Swedish" version Katarina. But that name is very much the middle aged generation in Sweden for now.

According to Wiki, it seems to be Paulus, but I'm not sure.

Paulus – Wikipedia

The old Swedish version might be Paulus, but Paul is very much accepted as a "proper" name in Sweden.

I've just had a thought: since Leonore and Estelle are international names and work well in a lot of countries (as well as having variants of their names, e.g. Leonor for Leonore and Estella for Estelle), I wonder if Madeleine and Chris will name their second child something international or something more Swedish/Nordic. It will be interesting to see.

I agree. Especially since Chris is English/American I highly think they will use an international name that is easily pronounced in Sweden and in English.

More guesses for girls:

Desiree Eva Josephine
Josephine Desiree Ingrid
Ingrid Margaret Silvia
Louise Amelie Silvia
Amelie Louise Alice
Alice Silvia Victoria
Anna Silvia Alexandra

I think it's a boy - I have no idea what they will name it, but likely it will be an "international" rather than nordic name.

I also agree he will likely slip at least two spots in the line of succession within the next few years or so. Being so far down, he might not live in Sweden ultimately.

My guesses for a boy:

Carl Bertil Paul
Carl Louis Paul
Louis Paul Gustav
Bertil Paul Gustav
Carl Christian Paul
Christian Paul Gustav

I think it's a girl for some reason. I have no guesses on the name.

For a girl I wouldn't be surprised if they choose a variant of Margareta, there are many to choose from: Margaret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a family name and a common name in Sweden, even if it's not a popular name for babies at the moment. It's a kind of grandmother/great-grandmother name today, and as such they tend to become popular every third or fourth generation, and with an unusual spelling it will also feel modern.

I would love the name Martha for a girl. Also, Crown Princess Martha of Norway was born a Swedish princess.

Last edited:
I would love the name Martha for a girl. Also, Crown Princess Martha of Norway was born a Swedish princess.
The Swedish name Märta/Märtha and the English name Marta/Martha are two different names, even if they look the same written in English as the letter ä doesn't exist in the English language.
Märta/Märtha is an old Swedish variant of Margaret, from Greek and Persian and means "pearl" while Marta/Martha comes from Hebrew (Judeo/Amaraic) and means "the lady".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom