Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To say that someone is a CP in Sweden is to say that the person is an idiot :ermm:
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Because Carl Philip is viewed as an idiot, or some other specific reason?

I wonder what the chance of this boy having a double barreled name is. It seems like there's something of a tradition of boys in the SRF having double barreled names - Carl Philip, Carl Gustaf, Gustaf Adolf, Carl Johan, Oscar Fredrik...

I actually think Gustaf might be a good name for this baby - one of Madeline's father's names as well as one of his father and grandfather's names. Leave Carl for a future son of CP and Sofia.

Because Carl Philip is viewed as an idiot, or some other specific reason?
CP - cerebral palsy, has been used as a taunt in bullying at school for a long time, about children who have been seen as "odd" = as idiots by their peers.

CP - cerebral palsy, has been used as a taunt in bullying at school for a long time, about children who have been seen as "odd" = as idiots by their peers.

Ahh, okay.

Hahah, true. I've onbly recently started writing CP to shorten Carl-Philip in this forum because I can only see it as stupid (or rather, the stupid people using it as a bad word)

I'm still hoping for a Prince Oscar, somewhere in a Scandinavian royal family.

I hope and think we will have an announcement of the name and titles before midsummers, aka friday. After that, lots of swedes go on vacation and almost everything slows down a little.

My wish is Theodore Paul Gustaf, fourth name could be Edmund or Bertil.

Gustav Christophe Bertil Duke of Halland

Eeeh ? Now i think you need to explain what you mean ?

That she would rather select Prince Daniel as a godparent than Princess Sofia ?

She knows Daniel much better than Sofia so i would see it as a natural choice.

SwissRoyal was insinuating that Madeleine respects Daniel more than Sofia - and I'm tired of that endless debate - so I said that I assume that Madeleine was raised to have equal respect > Daniel and Sofia on the same level.

And we don't know whom she knows better. All that I have seen is that people stare blind on years and lengths of time. Of course she knows Daniel longer, but that's all we can be sure about.

I didn't mean anything about whom she'd rather select. I do think it would be too early for Sofia to be a godparent, she's just married. Time will tell the things that need to be known. That's all.

I don't think Madeleine and Chris will choose both Carl Philip and Daniel as godfathers, especially if they want more children, and Madeleine is said to want to have many children. Nor do I think Sofia will be chosen this time, at least not if Carl Philip is to be godfather.

Last edited:
I think another sof Chris sisters will be picked, as well as Carl Philip and/or Daniel.. and some friends of the couple possibly...

My final guesses will be Prince Edmund Paul Gustaf, Duke of Skåne and Prince Oscar Paul Eugen, Duke of Närke (I also like Alexander Paul Eugen and Carl Christopher Paul).

Isn't the name to be announced today?

LaRae

Perhaps Paul Edmund of Skåne?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Ah thanks! I can't do live stream but I can't wait to see it posted!

LaRae

Prince Nicholas Paul Gustav, Duke of Ångermanland

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince Nicholas Paul Gustaf of Sweden, right?

Nicholas Paul Gustav, Duke of Ångermanland

I heard too, beautiful name.
Maybe Prince Nikolai of Denmark will be one of his godparents?

Love it! Prince Nicky!

LaRae

I heard too, beautiful name.
Maybe Prince Nikolai of Denmark will be one of his godparents?

He is too young and Madeleine and Chris chose someone from family and circle of friends...

Nicolas Paul Gustaf – well, at least I got Paul Gustaf right. Nicolas is nice. I would have preferred Oscar myself but Nicolas isn't a bad name. I fall in every time with those family names though. I really should know better than to think that any of the Swedish royals would go for family first names :D I did think Eugen was a possibility – but then again, Madeleine never met the guy, why would she honour him?

He is too young and Madeleine and Chris chose someone from family and circle of friends...

He isn't too young. He has been confirmed which makes it possible for him to be a godfather. He's not going to be though – I'd be surprised if Madeleine and Chris have ever even met him.

Last edited:

Welcome to the family His Royal Highness Nicolas Paul Gustaf, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Ångermanland ???

Welcome to the family His Royal Highness Nicolas Paul Gustaf, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Ångermanland ???
Love the names. Perhaps P. Madeleine's cousin Gustaf will be a godfather, or even better, Prince Daniel. A first duchy for Ångermanland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom