The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What will it be?
Boy 43 55.13%
Girl 34 43.59%
Twins: Boy & Girl 0 0%
Twins: Two Boys 1 1.28%
Twins: Two Girls 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Majesty

I would love if Daniel was one of the godparents.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
This. I hope Madeleine indeed choose Daniel as one of the godparents! But maybe he will also be chosen as best man for CP so who knows?

Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like when close relatives are godparents, they will participate in child's life anyway.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would too. It's about time that he's chosen as a godparent to a royal child. I was actually a bit choked that he wasn't made a godfather to one of the Danish twins because he and Victoria are supposedly quite close to Mary and Frederik (closer than the Duke of Castro *cough* – at least so I thought) and I'm sure Daniel would make an epic godfather

Old 04-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

I think, as the baby will come around the time of the wedding of Carl-Philipp, that he will become one of the godfathers.
BYe Bine
Old 06-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

My gut has always said girl but I don't know, looking at Madeleine at the wedding, I'll go ahead and change my guess to boy. An Alexander, maybe? Or Edmund (although I sort of hope they won't use that, it's my top guess for a potential son of Victoria and Daniel). Names like Maximilian and Arthur would also match Leonore nicely. Should it be a girl, I think they'll go for either Amelie or Pauline.

As for duchy, I think I'll go with what I guessed they would give Leonore, Uppland.

And godparents... CP is a given, I suppose. Although it would be a nice touch to give either Danel or Sofia the honour instead. Some friends, some cousins, no foreign royals *sigh*

Old 06-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's a boy!

Kommuniké från riksmarskalken - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 06-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Congratulations to the 55.13% of our voters who have guessed right!

Now we can happily wait for the name to be announced.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
My gut has always said girl but I don't know, looking at Madeleine at the wedding, I'll go ahead and change my guess to boy. An Alexander, maybe? Or Edmund (although I sort of hope they won't use that, it's my top guess for a potential son of Victoria and Daniel). Names like Maximilian and Arthur would also match Leonore nicely. Should it be a girl, I think they'll go for either Amelie or Pauline.

As for duchy, I think I'll go with what I guessed they would give Leonore, Uppland.

And godparents... CP is a given, I suppose. Although it would be a nice touch to give either Danel or Sofia the honour instead. Some friends, some cousins, no foreign royals *sigh*

I don't think they will use Uppland as long as Countess Marianne Bernadotte, widow of the former Duke of Uppland Count Sigvard Bernadotte is alive. Although Sigvard was stripped of his titles quite early in his life and married Marianne much later it is a tradition to not use dukedoms as long as holders or their wife is alive. Same situation for Dalarna as long as Countess Gunnila Bernadotte, Widow of Sigvards little-brother Count Carl Johan Bernadotte is alive.

Prince Carl-Philip will most likely be a godparent. I would not be surprised at all if Prince Daniel will be selected too.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see my post earlier was perfectly timed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I don't think they will use Uppland as long as Countess Marianne Bernadotte, widow of the former Duke of Uppland Count Sigvard Bernadotte is alive. Although Sigvard was stripped of his titles quite early in his life and married Marianne much later it is a tradition to not use dukedoms as long as holders or their wife is alive. Same situation for Dalarna as long as Countess Gunnila Bernadotte, Widow of Sigvards little-brother Count Carl Johan Bernadotte is alive.

Prince Carl-Philip will most likely be a godparent. I would not be surprised at all if Prince Daniel will be selected too.
Oh, I didn't know that was a tradition. A shame. Uppland and Darlarna are such majestic sounding duchies. As a Swede, which duchy do you think is most likely to be given to the prince (if you don't mind me asking)?

Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am going for Carl Paul, Duke of Västerbotten. I believe the duchy was used by the king's father, so it is a nice thing for his first grandson.

Considering the connection with prince Bertil it may be nice to 'keep' Halland for descendants of prince Carl Philip.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Should this thread now be shut down?
Old 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

When the name, godparents and duchy are known it will be closed indeed. Until that time we can continue guessing.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

I'm going for Paul as a first name as it sounds very modern, or at least it will be one of the names.

Godparents: Chris's other sister or maybe one of his nieces, Carl-Philip and also Prince Daniel. I believe Madeleine respects him very much (more than Sofia) and seeing how sweet he was to Leonore at the wedding I believe the 2 families have a very close bond.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I see my post earlier was perfectly timed

Oh, I didn't know that was a tradition. A shame. Uppland and Darlarna are such majestic sounding duchies. As a Swede, which duchy do you think is most likely to be given to the prince (if you don't mind me asking)?

My 2 "candidates" are Västerbotten and Närke.

The parents of the King, Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla was Duke and Duchess of Västerbotten (the province just north of Jämtland where the King is Duke). I think the King want to use Västerbotten again but maybe they are holding it back for a possible 2:nd child of Victoria and Daniel, given that Gustaf Adolf and Sibylla also lived at Haga Palace it would make a wonderful connection.

Närke is also a possibility with the historically important and Sweden's 6:th largest city Örebro as Residential City. The "Painting Prince" Eugen, great great uncle to the King was the last Duke of Närke.

It is also possible that they will use a Province that no one has held as a dukedom before. Then the following is available from North to South : Lappland, Ångermanland, Medelpad, Dalsland, Bohuslän, Öland and Blekinge.

Available dukedoms that have been used are from north to south : Västerbotten, Västmanland, Småland, Halland and Skåne.

Södermanland is also available but i think they are keeping that for a possible son of Carl Philip and Sofia given that a Duke of Södermanland will according to the will of it's former owner inherite Stenhammar Palace, wich Carl Philip will inherite after the King.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

Leonore and Paul actually sounds kinda nice

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Courtier

They could name him Paulo. Paulo is the Portuguese name equivalent to the English Paul. A nice tribute to Madeleine's Brazilian roots. It also gives a boring family name a face-lift.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Eugen(e) would be a nice choice, as it's 150 years since the birth of prince Eugen of Sweden, but I doubt they will choose it, at least not as a first name, in combination with the surname O'Neill.

Theodor Paul Oscar, duke of Blekinge.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

I guess at

His Royal Highness

Paul Victor Eugen

Prince of Sweden

Duke of Närke

(Prince Eugen was the last Duke of Närke)