Twins: Boy & Girl 0 0%
Twins: Two Boys 1 1.28%
Twins: Two Girls 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Or maybe in case they have a boy, they'll use one of Chris's father names.
Exactly so. After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?

Old 12-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Exactly so. After all, this child will be fourth (and then third) in line to the throne. Not likely for him, if a him, to be monarch, so why fuss with the 'Carl'?

Could we live with a Prince Paul Cesario? Prince Paul sounds very nice, very unique. Is there a Swedish version of Paul?
According to Wiki, it seems to be Paulus, but I'm not sure.

Paulus – Wikipedia

Old 12-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I think that if it is a boy, the first name must be Carl, as all of Madeleine's aunts have one son called Carl (or Charles), her father is named Carl and her brother is called Carl.

I also think that if Victoria and Carl Philip will have sons, one of each is called Carl.
I think it would be troublesome for grandparents to call: "Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, time to go to bed!"
"Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, breakfast is ready!"
"Victoria's Carl, give a teddy bear back to Carl Philipp's Carl!"
"Madeleine's Carl, don't kick Victoria's Carl!" etc...

If I were a grandma of numerous grandchildren I would prefer for each to have a different name.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I think it would be troublesome for grandparents to call: "Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, time to go to bed!"
"Victoria's Carl, Carl Philipp's Carl, Madeleine's Carl, breakfast is ready!"
"Victoria's Carl, give a teddy bear back to Carl Philipp's Carl!"
"Madeleine's Carl, don't kick Victoria's Carl!" etc...

If I were a grandma of numerous grandchildren I would prefer for each to have a different name.
They could call them by their second names.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Or Pauline for a girl, perhaps? Stylistically, Leonore and Pauline are quite similar.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Nobility

Erik for a boy although I'd rather have Victoria have another and it be Estelle and Erik

Linnea for a girl with Lenore

or else Ewa, Desiree, Sybilla, Alice, Amelie or Katharina
Old 12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

This baby will actually be sixth in line to the throne, and likely to slip down further:

1. Victoria
2. Estelle
3. Carl Philip
4. Madeleine
5. Leonore
6. Baby
Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you for the confirmation. For some reason I've always thought that Princess Eleonora was in her twenties. I'm not that knowledgeable about the Brazilian Imperial Family and am still learning which explains why I thought that.
You're welcome, Hereditary Princess. The Princess of Ligne has a niece called Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, who just turned 30. Maybe that's why you got confused.

But don't worry, there are a lot of Princes and Princesses in the Imperial Family of Brazil and in the House of Orleans-Braganza, which can be quite confusing. Also, they have an awful lot of Princesses called Maria something.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've just had a thought: since Leonore and Estelle are international names and work well in a lot of countries (as well as having variants of their names, e.g. Leonor for Leonore and Estella for Estelle), I wonder if Madeleine and Chris will name their second child something international or something more Swedish/Nordic. It will be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
You're welcome, Hereditary Princess. The Princess of Ligne has a niece called Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, who just turned 30. Maybe that's why you got confused.

But don't worry, there are a lot of Princes and Princesses in the Imperial Family of Brazil and in the House of Orleans-Braganza, which can be quite confusing. Also, they have an awful lot of Princesses called Maria something.
Yes, that's who I was thinking of. It must be confusing having all those Marias in the family. I can imagine they mostly go by their other name though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Pavel is an Old Swedish variant form of Povel, which is an Old Swedish variant form of Pauel (Paul).
Nope, Pavel is the Slavic form of Paul/Paulus. The old Swedish variant is Pål, and Pär is the old Swedish variant of Peter.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
That's an interesting suggestion. Where do Erna and Lisanne come from? (I'm not asking this in a negative way by the way, just curious.) The only Lisanne I know of who is connected to royalty is Princess Grace of Monaco's sister, who spells her name as Lizanne. But the Monegasque Princely Family isn't related to the SRF.

Erna Waldau is Silvias Grandmother
Lisanne is a combination of Anna and Elisabeth.
Anna is Chris´Great-grandmother
Elisa is Silvias 2nd Grandmother

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to take a look at Leonore´s ancestry. Thats how I got the Names.

Anna
Old 01-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna2002 View Post
Erna Waldau is Silvias Grandmother
Lisanne is a combination of Anna and Elisabeth.
Anna is Chris´Great-grandmother
Elisa is Silvias 2nd Grandmother

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to take a look at Leonore´s ancestry. Thats how I got the Names.

Anna
Ah OK, thank you for the information. I have looked at Leonore's ancestry before, but mostly her royal ancestors and I'm not very knowledgeable about Chris's family. I was only really aware of his sisters and parents (and also that his mother is in Prince Charles's circle of friends).

I think Lisanne is a very interesting suggestion, and since both Victoria and Madeleine surprised us with Estelle and Leonore (but then again, I guess Leonore isn't as surprising as Estelle, since Eleonora is a historical name for the SRF and the European variants of Eleanor are very popular amongst European Royal Children at the moment) it could be possible.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

I have no guesses myself, but I think they will use names easily pronounced/normally spelled in Swedish. So I will give some Swedish input on some of the names here :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
A Girl - Princess Sibylla Victoria Eva Christina
Sibylla, while a good family name, is very unlikely for the simple reason that all over the country there are small huts serving hamburgers and pizzas for cheap called Sibylla. Everyone in Sweden thinks Hamburger when they hear that name. It would be like naming it McDonalds.

Quote:
I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before. I like the idea of Johan (though out of personal preference I would spell it Johann) however, and Fredrik is an interesting variation of Frederik/Frederick. Is it the Swedish spelling? I've never come across it before.
I agree, no version of Adolph. No way, never.

Johan I highly doubt, since everyone and their mother (father ) was named that not long ago. I think people have been fed up with that name. And if it would be that name, it will be spelled Johan. Johann is not a version we use in Sweden.

Yes, Fredrik is the usual spelling in Sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.
Catherine is not a name on a Swedish queen. They were Katarina or Kristina or something like that, but might have been translated to other languages when talked about. There is very unlikely for a kid of theirs to be names Catherine since there is almost impossible to pronounce it in Swedish. If they would choose this name it would be the "Swedish" version Katarina. But that name is very much the middle aged generation in Sweden for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
According to Wiki, it seems to be Paulus, but I'm not sure.

Paulus – Wikipedia
The old Swedish version might be Paulus, but Paul is very much accepted as a "proper" name in Sweden.

Quote:
I've just had a thought: since Leonore and Estelle are international names and work well in a lot of countries (as well as having variants of their names, e.g. Leonor for Leonore and Estella for Estelle), I wonder if Madeleine and Chris will name their second child something international or something more Swedish/Nordic. It will be interesting to see.
I agree. Especially since Chris is English/American I highly think they will use an international name that is easily pronounced in Sweden and in English.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:10 AM
Majesty

More guesses for girls:

Desiree Eva Josephine
Josephine Desiree Ingrid
Ingrid Margaret Silvia
Louise Amelie Silvia
Amelie Louise Alice
Alice Silvia Victoria
Anna Silvia Alexandra
Old 02-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's a boy - I have no idea what they will name it, but likely it will be an "international" rather than nordic name.

I also agree he will likely slip at least two spots in the line of succession within the next few years or so. Being so far down, he might not live in Sweden ultimately.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Majesty

My guesses for a boy:

Carl Bertil Paul
Carl Louis Paul
Louis Paul Gustav
Bertil Paul Gustav
Carl Christian Paul
Christian Paul Gustav
Old 03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Nobility

I think it's a girl for some reason. I have no guesses on the name.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

For a girl I wouldn't be surprised if they choose a variant of Margareta, there are many to choose from: Margaret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a family name and a common name in Sweden, even if it's not a popular name for babies at the moment. It's a kind of grandmother/great-grandmother name today, and as such they tend to become popular every third or fourth generation, and with an unusual spelling it will also feel modern.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:18 AM
Majesty

I would love the name Martha for a girl. Also, Crown Princess Martha of Norway was born a Swedish princess.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would love the name Martha for a girl. Also, Crown Princess Martha of Norway was born a Swedish princess.
The Swedish name Märta/Märtha and the English name Marta/Martha are two different names, even if they look the same written in English as the letter ä doesn't exist in the English language.
Märta/Märtha is an old Swedish variant of Margaret, from Greek and Persian and means "pearl" while Marta/Martha comes from Hebrew (Judeo/Amaraic) and means "the lady".