Louisa Silvia Victoria
Catherine Silvia Margrethe
Isabella Silvia Therese
Josephine Silvia Eva
Isabella Silvia Desiree
Henrietta Silvia Desiree

Old 12-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Courtier

I suspect if they have a boy, it'll be named after Chris' father.

I have no idea for names if it's a girl, they blindsided me with Lenore

Old 12-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

For a Prince: Johan Fredrik Adolph

Johan was the second name of the first King of the Bernadotte dynasty, Karl XIV Johan.
Fredrik is for King Fredrik I.
Adolph is the middle name of Gustaf V Adolph.
HereditaryPrincess, Fredrik is the Swedish spelling of Frederick.
For a Princess: Cecilia Helena Frederica
Pavel is an Old Swedish variant form of Povel, which is an Old Swedish variant form of Pauel (Paul).
For a Prince: Ulrik Kristoffer Halvar
Duchy of Vasterbotten
Duchy of Dalsland
For a Prince: Valter
Valter, a form of Walter, in honor of Walther Sommerlath, Queen Silvia's father.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a Prince: Johan Fredrik Adolph

Johan was the second name of the first King of the Bernadotte dynasty, Karl XIV Johan.
Fredrik is for King Fredrik I.
Adolph is the middle name of Gustaf V Adolph.
I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before. I like the idea of Johan (though out of personal preference I would spell it Johann) however, and Fredrik is an interesting variation of Frederik/Frederick. Is it the Swedish spelling? I've never come across it before.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Majesty

I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before.
I agree - that name is radioactive. Not sure how many hundreds of years before a royal dusts it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.
I really love the name Catherine too. Simple, regal and underused in royal world. I have the feeling this one might be a boy, however.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Catherine is a great suggestion and I didn't realise there had been Queens of Sweden with that name in the past. However, I'm not sure if it's the same in Sweden, but I read the Scandinavian way of spelling Catherine is Cathrin. Granted, not Swedish, but Princess Astrid of Norway has a daughter who spells her name like this (Cathrin Ferner).

I also like Catharina but I'm not sure if they would choose that as it is the full name of the Princess of Orange, and there's also a Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg Gotha. IIRC the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Family is quite close to the SRF as they attended both CP Victoria and Princess Madeleine's wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
HereditaryPrincess, Fredrik is the Swedish spelling of Frederick.
Thank you. I had thought so, but wasn't entirely sure, so just wanted a confirmation.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I also like Catharina but I'm not sure if they would choose that as it is the full name of the Princess of Orange
Imo the name is general enough and they are quite far removed from the Dutch RF, so that wouldn't be a problem if they like that name (btw, the Princess of Orange is generally referred to as Amalia, even in public by her parents)
Old 12-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Catherine is a great suggestion and I didn't realise there had been Queens of Sweden with that name in the past. However, I'm not sure if it's the same in Sweden, but I read the Scandinavian way of spelling Catherine is Cathrin. Granted, not Swedish, but Princess Astrid of Norway has a daughter who spells her name like this (Cathrin Ferner).

I also like Catharina but I'm not sure if they would choose that as it is the full name of the Princess of Orange, and there's also a Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg Gotha. IIRC the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Family is quite close to the SRF as they attended both CP Victoria and Princess Madeleine's wedding.

Thank you. I had thought so, but wasn't entirely sure, so just wanted a confirmation.
There are many same/similar names between the various royal families (Princess Eleonore of Belgium/Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau/Leonor, the Princess of Asturias) and that's no problem. And how about the past: there were so many Alexandras and Victorias.
In the current Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg, there are even three Jeans and two Guillaumes.

Follow me on Twitter: @royalarjan
Old 12-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Imo the name is general enough and they are quite far removed from the Dutch RF, so that wouldn't be a problem if they like that name (btw, the Princess of Orange is generally referred to as Amalia, even in public by her parents)
I know that the Princess of Orange is often referred to as Amalia. I was just pointing out that Catharina is part of her full name. You're correct about the DRF being quite "distanced" from the SRF, so I doubt Catharina would be a problem, but as I said before the little Princess of Saxe-Coburg Gotha would perhaps be a consideration as as I understand it, the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Family are quite close to the SRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrjann View Post
There are many same/similar names between the various royal families (Princess Eleonore of Belgium/Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau/Leonor, the Princess of Asturias) and that's no problem. And how about the past: there were so many Alexandras and Victorias.
In the current Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg, there are even three Jeans and two Guillaumes.
That's a good point. There are a lot of Eleonores (and variants of the name) in Europe and other RFs (I do believe there is a Princess Eleonora in Brazil, but I could be incorrect here) and I think that's one of the most popular names within the royal world at the moment.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That's a good point. There are a lot of Eleonores (and variants of the name) in Europe and other RFs (I do believe there is a Princess Eleonora in Brazil, but I could be incorrect here) and I think that's one of the most popular names within the royal world at the moment.
Princess Eleonora of Brazil (now the Princess of Ligne) is married to the 14th Prince of Ligne, so she lives in Belgium. She's a younger sister of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil.

But the Princess of Ligne is a 61 years old woman, she's far from the age group of the little girls who share a name with her.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Commoner

Hallo!

I was happy when I heard that Madeleine and Chris are expecting their second child. I wonder if she is going to give birth in Sweden this time, as her brother is going to marry mid June.

Girl:
Josephine Silvia Alice
Katharina Erna Lisanne

Boy:
Frederik Carl Paul
Arthur Walter Anton

I so hope that Victoria will have the same happy news soon. She deserves it.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I think that it will be a boy this time.

As for the name I believe it will be extremely hard to guess. Like with their daughter they won't go for a traditional name but look for something modern und not very common.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Catherine is a great suggestion and I didn't realise there had been Queens of Sweden with that name in the past. However, I'm not sure if it's the same in Sweden, but I read the Scandinavian way of spelling Catherine is Cathrin.
The Swedish way of spelling Catherine is Katarina, not Cathrin (the use use of c and th is not traditional in Swedish names). Katrin and Karin are two Swedish nicknames/diminutives of Katarina. Here's a list of (among others) Swedish queens, princesses and a saint (Katarina Ulfsdotter, daughter of saint Birgitta of Sweden): Katarina – Wikipedia
Old 12-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think that it will be a boy this time.

As for the name I believe it will be extremely hard to guess. Like with their daughter they won't go for a traditional name but look for something modern und not very common.
I agree on both counts. A boy, and the name choice (for them) will be uncommon and unexpected. But I'll take a running guess: Prince Stephan.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I agree on both counts. A boy, and the name choice (for them) will be uncommon and unexpected. But I'll take a running guess: Prince Stephan.
I think that if it is a boy, the first name must be Carl, as all of Madeleine's aunts have one son called Carl (or Charles), her father is named Carl and her brother is called Carl.

I also think that if Victoria and Carl Philip will have sons, one of each is called Carl.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
Princess Eleonora of Brazil (now the Princess of Ligne) is married to the 14th Prince of Ligne, so she lives in Belgium. She's a younger sister of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil.

But the Princess of Ligne is a 61 years old woman, she's far from the age group of the little girls who share a name with her.
Thank you for the confirmation. For some reason I've always thought that Princess Eleonora was in her twenties. I'm not that knowledgeable about the Brazilian Imperial Family and am still learning which explains why I thought that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna2002 View Post
Hallo!

I was happy when I heard that Madeleine and Chris are expecting their second child. I wonder if she is going to give birth in Sweden this time, as her brother is going to marry mid June.

Girl:
Josephine Silvia Alice
Katharina Erna Lisanne
That's an interesting suggestion. Where do Erna and Lisanne come from? (I'm not asking this in a negative way by the way, just curious.) The only Lisanne I know of who is connected to royalty is Princess Grace of Monaco's sister, who spells her name as Lizanne. But the Monegasque Princely Family isn't related to the SRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
The Swedish way of spelling Catherine is Katarina, not Cathrin (the use use of c and th is not traditional in Swedish names). Katrin and Karin are two Swedish nicknames/diminutives of Katarina. Here's a list of (among others) Swedish queens, princesses and a saint (Katarina Ulfsdotter, daughter of saint Birgitta of Sweden): Katarina – Wikipedia
Thank you for the extra information.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Looking at all of Chris' Nieces names they all have Maria as a middle name. I think if they have a boy one of the middle names will be Christopher.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I think that if it is a boy, the first name must be Carl, as all of Madeleine's aunts have one son called Carl (or Charles), her father is named Carl and her brother is called Carl.

I also think that if Victoria and Carl Philip will have sons, one of each is called Carl.
I was thinking that, too, so maybe Carl Stephan - hmmm...... not euphonious. Or maybe just not familiar. It's okay. Prince Carl Stephan. Could live with it.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Or maybe in case they have a boy, they'll use one of Chris's father names.