Madeleine and Chris: Media and Public Opinion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine and Chris: Media Negativity and Public Opinion

Is there a reason people don't think Victoria and Daniel =will have any more children? Estelle is only 3. That's not a long time to wait before another pregnancy. Many people wait even longer. Was the first pregnancy difficult?

I'm not sure about how much we're allowed to speculate about pregnancies here on the forums but yes apparently Victoria did have a hard time conceiving and by now she almost 38. Adding to that is that many men afflicted with the same disease as Daniel have problems conceiving because of all the medicines they have to take.i

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I have no problem with Chris running his own business and just showing up for a few important royal occasions. My problem is that he (just like Madeleine) seems to show up when it suits them, not when they can be expected to.

Take the Nobels. Madeleine chose not to attend in 2010 and 2011. In 2012, Chris was supposed to attend with Madeleine, but he excused himself just a few weeks be. The Nobel celebrations is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) occasions in the royal calendar. In 2013, Madeleine was heavily pregnant - a good reason not to attend. I have no problems with that. But showing up when they feel like it, not regularly, that isn't exactly what I expect from a princess of Sweden and her husband. Either you're in, or you're not.
And what do you base your opinion on that they only do as they please? The royal family and household is a tightly run operation so if you have inside information please share it with all of us.

And what do you base your opinion on that they only do as they please? The royal family and household is a tightly run operation so if you have inside information please share it with all of us.

It's not just my opinion that they change their minds and/or show up when they like what's on the agenda. If you take Chris' participation in the Nobels, it was an official fact that he was supposed to be there for Nobel in 2012, and then cancelled very late. You just don't do stuff like that if you're not seriously ill or something similar.

Like I said many times before, I have no problem with both of them showing up just 2-3 times a year. But we need to know what we can expect from them. At this point, we can't.

Is there a reason people don't think Victoria and Daniel =will have any more children? Estelle is only 3. That's not a long time to wait before another pregnancy. Many people wait even longer. Was the first pregnancy difficult?

I do sincerely hope Victoria and Daniel will have more children. Without any problems, it can take two years before conceiving a child. I don't know - and don't want to know - whether and when Victoria and Daniel had the desire to give Estelle a sibling. I can only hope they won't go through hard times and processes.

Well, well biological clock is ticking...

We are not supposed to be speculating on who is pregnant and who is not I believe or pregnancy matters at all.

Last edited:
Well, well biological clock is ticking...

Much as I am loathe to speculate, I do think a second child for V&D does increasingly appear unlikely.

Much as I am loathe to speculate, I do think a second child for V&D does increasingly appear unlikely.

In any case, the succession is reasonably secure with Estelle, Leonore and her soon-to-come sibling. CP is also getting married now and I assume he would like to have children of his own.

In any case, the succession is reasonably secure with Estelle, Leonore and her soon-to-come sibling. CP is also getting married now and I assume he would like to have children of his own.

I hope they are all close and spend time together an only child can become very lonely if they only mix with adults. I think it's great that Leonore and new baby are back home

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Is it such a big problem?

V&D have proven that they can have children and should they have a few problems having one more the natural way, they can get help nowadays.
So I'd say we don't have to be concerned about Estelle being an only child until Victoria turns 45.
Also people "stay younger" nowadays. A generation ago a woman age 45 was from a childbearing point of view just one step away from the retirement home. Now a 45 year old having a child is just a bit mature.

V&D have proven that they can have children and should they have a few problems having one more the natural way, they can get help nowadays.
So I'd say we don't have to be concerned about Estelle being an only child until Victoria turns 45.
Also people "stay younger" nowadays. A generation ago a woman age 45 was from a childbearing point of view just one step away from the retirement home. Now a 45 year old having a child is just a bit mature.

Just because some people have babies at 45 doesn't mean anyone can. Most babies in older mothers are with donor eggs. I have had a lot to do via family with secondary infertility when you can have 1 or 2 babies but not anymore even after many attempts with IVF. It's a myth that any one at any age can have a baby using IVF. There are many many heart broken women believe me.

Just because some people have babies at 45 doesn't mean anyone can. Most babies in older mothers are with donor eggs. I have had a lot to do via family with secondary infertility when you can have 1 or 2 babies but not anymore even after many attempts with IVF. It's a myth that any one at any age can have a baby using IVF. There are many many heart broken women believe me.

You are right Dear, and the percentage is very low, about 5%.

Plus the risk of birth defects goes up considerably;They have a beautiful healthy precocious little girl so it might not be worth the risk for them.

You are right about that thank you for bringing that up

True, but that's not what I said.

I merely pointed out that it isn't a problem yet. And should V&D have problems they can get help.
When Victoria turn 45 without having become pregnant with the second child, then IMO we can talk about there being a problem.
For all we know V&D may have decided to wait three years before trying again and have their reasons for doing that.
While M&D apparently want their children as soon as possible. Each to their on IMO.

From what I read in earlier centuries there were much more mothers who had their last children around age 45 (it was usually a child number 10+); having already grandchildren and a few babies in cemetery.

I don't know if they are having problems having another child "the natural way", but, if they are, I personally think that, strictly from the point of view of the royal succession and the future of the monarchy, there is no need to seek any kind of "help". After all, they already have a daughter and a niece with an additional brother or sister soon to be born. If they still want to do it for personal reasons, I'm fine with that, but, having seen similar cases recently in my own family that resulted in difficult multiple pregnancies, I don't think it is worth the risk if you already have a child.

Doesn't the line of succession go: Victoria, Estelle and any future siblings, Carl Phillip and any children he may produce, Madeleine, Leonore and any future siblings?

Doesn't the line of succession go: Victoria, Estelle and any future siblings, Carl Phillip and any children he may produce, Madeleine, Leonore and any future siblings?

Yes that's correct it does

That's how I thought it was. Similar to the U.K.

That's how I thought it was. Similar to the U.K.
That's how it is. But if you only count the people existing today, Leonore (and the sibling that arrives soon) is the only spare of her generation.

That's the correct line of succession, but at the time of Leonore's birth, Carl Philip wasn't even engaged. If, as many suspect, the Royal Family knew that Estelle was likely to be Victoria and Daniel's only child, then Leonore would, for the time being, be this generation's "spare," hence her getting the HRH and the duchess title.

That's the correct line of succession, but at the time of Leonore's birth, Carl Philip wasn't even engaged. If, as many suspect, the Royal Family knew that Estelle was likely to be Victoria and Daniel's only child, then Leonore would, for the time being, be this generation's "spare," hence her getting the HRH and the duchess title.

I don't understand, won't Carl Phillip be next in line, no matter what, if something happens to Victoria's children? As long as Carl Phillip is alive [children or not] he would be next in line of succession. Leonore ever being queen would really be quite a stretch and I don't image that ever entered M & C head.

I don't understand, won't Carl Phillip be next in line, no matter what, if something happens to Victoria's children? As long as Carl Phillip is alive [children or not] he would be next in line of succession. Leonore ever being queen would really be quite a stretch and I don't image that ever entered M & C head.

Yes, ofcourse, but often people talk about this matter for "the next generation" meaning that Victoria, C-P and Madeleine are all dead, and who will be in line for the throne then...
As things stand now, there will be only Estelle (who will in this situation be Queen), then Leonore, then Madeleine's soon to be born second child.

Yes, ofcourse, but often people talk about this matter for "the next generation" meaning that Victoria, C-P and Madeleine are all dead, and who will be in line for the throne then...

As things stand now, there will be only Estelle (who will in this situation be Queen), then Leonore, then Madeleine's soon to be born second child.

Then again we have to remember that a line of succession of six people is the longest line Sweden's had since the 1930s.

[....] the Royal Family knew that Estelle was likely to be Victoria and Daniel's only child [....]

Did I miss something?

[....] hence her getting the HRH and the duchess title [....]

Without action by the King, Ms Hellqvist automatically can be addressed with her husband's style and titles, as is the centuries old social custom. See Ms Craig whom became addressed with her husband's style and titles (Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Halland). So in essence Ms Hellqvist "gets" nothing. She will only be addressed as the spouse to Prince Carl Philip.

:flowers:

Did I miss something?

You are taking the words out of context

acdc1 clearly wrote:

If, as many suspect, the Royal Family knew that Estelle was likely to be Victoria and Daniel's only child, then Leonore would, for the time being, be this generation's "spare," hence her getting the HRH and the duchess title.

Then again we have to remember that a line of succession of six people is the longest line Sweden's had since the 1930s.

Yep, I agree, there's no use speculating what the situation will be in 20/30/60 years time, loads of things could happen in between (for instance Estelle herself could have children when all the others who are currently in line are still very much alive and kicking)

But for some reason, people tend to forget all the possibilities and just assume that once Estelle is Queen, Leonore will be the heir; I'd be very surprised if that ever comes to be the case :flowers:

But for some reason, people tend to forget all the possibilities and just assume that once Estelle is Queen, Leonore will be the heir; I'd be very surprised if that ever comes to be the case :flowers:

It could be that once Estelle is Queen and is not married, next in line will be Carl P. and then his children. M & C children will not matter as much. I personally hope that V & D live to old age and little Estelle marries with a large brood. Carl P and M & C would just then enjoy non royal duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom