Madeleine and Chris: Media and Public Opinion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leif Eriksson to Sveriges Radio
- The princess has put in the system to avoid the media. She has avoided it at all official visits to the county. I think it is not the mission she has. She belongs to polity and to the royal family, she is paid by the taxpayers and she has power. In addition, she has a mission in her role as princess.
- She has never given interviews. We should be able to ask the listener's and people's questions to her. She did get a duchy here and we are interested to ask her what she thinks about it, what it means in practice, or is it just a title for her. Could it mean something for business or tourism? How she looks at the county and on developments here? These are questions that we have not even had the chance to ask, says Leif Eriksson.
P4-chefens kritik mot Hovet - Nyheter (Ekot) Sveriges Radio
Translation

A blog at Arbetarbladet, a newspaper in Gästrikland
A reasonable reaction from the P4 manager
Princess Madeleine visited in Gävle on Monday. She refused to give interviews. Now Leif Eriksson, director and publisher of P4 Gävleborg, rages in an open letter to the court. It is a reasonable and refreshing reaction.
- It's great to be back in Gävle, said Madeleine to Arbetarbladet's reporter Anton Emanuelsson.
More was not said.
Princess Madeleine was in fact not interested to talk to the media.
Leif Eriksson's open letter is refreshing, not least because the publishers within the Public Service all too rarely make their voices heard in the public debate.
It is good that Leif Eriksson reacts. I agree with him fully.
Just like Eriksson writes the behavior has so far been accepted by the media.
The question is how we choose to act the next time the Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland visits our county. It remains to be seen.
Is it worth giving to "a show that is unworthy of a modern monarchy" so great media space. After Princess Madeleine's last visit, I am very hesitant about it.
Sund reaktion av P4-chefen nordstrom
Translation

When Victoria and Daniel visited Ockelbo and Gävle in Gästrikland in May 2011, Daniel gave long interviews to Arbetarbladet and Gefle Dagblad.
”Jag har fel och brister – men jag duger” - arbetarbladet.se
http://www.gd.se/gastrikland/ockelbo/prins-daniel-ar-stolt-over-sitt-ockelbo
Daniel's interview for Radio P4 Gävleborg at his visit to Ockelbo camp in 2013
Prins matar prins i Ockelbo - Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel - Victoria och Daniel Sveriges Radio

Last edited:
While I agree that Madeleine should be doing more engagements and show a little more enthusiasm when she perfroms visits like this I really think that the cause of her avoidance of interviews and media interactions is due to the swedish media having it with her and Chris... That's my opinion. They never let them alone and try hard to criticize the couple.

While I agree that Madeleine should be doing more engagements and show a little more enthusiasm when she perfroms visits like this I really think that the cause of her avoidance of interviews and media interactions is due to the swedish media having it with her and Chris... That's my opinion. They never let them alone and try hard to criticize the couple.

She hasn't given interviews at her visits to her duchies in 2004, 2005, 2006...
Radio P4 Gävleborg, Arbetarbladet and Gefle Dagblad aren't Expressen and Aftonbladet. They are not interested to write that Madeleine wore a beautiful blouse and Chris had a Rolex. They want to make interviews with real talk and matter.

Margareta Thorgren today at the Sveriges Radio:
- We really want to show the benefits that the royal family does for Sweden. The family works hard and makes many events per week and day.
What did Princess Madeleine say herself?
- The spontaneous reaction is that she was a little surprised because the princess along with the local organizer, ie the provincial government, was very pleased with this visit.
P4 Gävleborg channel manager Leif Eriksson is far from satisfied with the answers he receives from the court, saying that the princess has not "set aside an hour or more for the media in eleven years." Eriksson is irritated and resembles Princess Madeleine at the movie star Greta Garbo:
- She rises, waves, keeps distance and refuses to be interviewed. And thus the readers, listeners and viewers do not have access to her, says Leif Eriksson.
Radiochef kritiserar prinsessan Madeleine - P1-morgon Sveriges Radio
Translation

Margareta Thorgren isn't any better than Bertil Ternert before her. Thorgren says at the Swedish Radio that the court tries to be as open as they can and tell about the work of the royal family at their website. That is not true. They have a calendar, sometimes the royals to suddenly a work event which wasn't at the calendar and that isn't put at the calendar later even though they make an article of it. And this week they haven't done an article with photos of two Victoria's and Daniel's work events and three Daniel's solo events and the king's and queen's events, just to start... And at the english version they tell at Victoria's page that "she loves to take long walks with her labrador Jambo". Jambo died in 2010! Lousy work.
Thorgren says also that the royals give many times interviews that aren't planned, short ones. So must every interview be planned? Does Thorgren mean that the court wants to know the questions beforehand?

Last edited:
Hi, so I've been a lurker here for a while but this little "controversy" made me want to create an account and post. I think this whole situation is incredible dumb for a few reasons.

1. I would hardly call these radio hosts journalists. (correct me if I am wrong, but are they a talk show or an actual news station? If they are legit ignore this point.) Maybe it is different in the U.S but we would consider them media members but hardly journalists. And most real journalists know that people don't need to speak to them if they don't want to.

2. Let us not forget that Chris has had stuff dug up about him that TMZ wouldn't bother with. I mean blue prints of their apartment? Tax information? Cost of their living? Does it surprise them that they don't want to talk? They want to be critical and not "lovey dovey" but being critical is asking about work schedules, not about watches (seriously WTF?) or apartment size or where they will live.

3. It really hit home when the court suggested they wanted to pre screen the questions. While this is a little controlling, I see no reason for them not to. If any of you are fans of The Good Wife TV show, there is a scene where the main character, Alicia is in a political debate for public office. One of the questioners is there for their own agenda to slam her about her husband's cheating/affairs. Not for the politics and what matters. I almost feel this is a similar situation. Madeleine sits down for an interview, and instead of asking about Childhood projects, they start cornering and attack her by asking about living expenses, money issues and other personal things.

In all this seems like sour grapes more than anything. So sorry if my intro was a rant, but this whole thing is completely ridiculous.

Hi, so I've been a lurker here for a while but this little "controversy" made me want to create an account and post. I think this whole situation is incredible dumb for a few reasons.

1. I would hardly call these radio hosts journalists. (correct me if I am wrong, but are they a talk show or an actual news station? If they are legit ignore this point.) Maybe it is different in the U.S but we would consider them media members but hardly journalists. And most real journalists know that people don't need to speak to them if they don't want to.

2. Let us not forget that Chris has had stuff dug up about him that TMZ wouldn't bother with. I mean blue prints of their apartment? Tax information? Cost of their living? Does it surprise them that they don't want to talk? They want to be critical and not "lovey dovey" but being critical is asking about work schedules, not about watches (seriously WTF?) or apartment size or where they will live.

3. It really hit home when the court suggested they wanted to pre screen the questions. While this is a little controlling, I see no reason for them not to. If any of you are fans of The Good Wife TV show, there is a scene where the main character, Alicia is in a political debate for public office. One of the questioners is there for their own agenda to slam her about her husband's cheating/affairs. Not for the politics and what matters. I almost feel this is a similar situation. Madeleine sits down for an interview, and instead of asking about Childhood projects, they start cornering and attack her by asking about living expenses, money issues and other personal things.

In all this seems like sour grapes more than anything. So sorry if my intro was a rant, but this whole thing is completely ridiculous.
I completely agree with you IMO it is ridiculous especially saying that not answering questions is undemocratic....forcing her to speak to journalists would be undemocratic

The local has now published an article in English about the whole thing

Swedish royal criticized for 'just waving' - Sweden's news in English

Sorry but I think Mr Eriksson has a point. Madeleine has been cherrypicking for years, trying to get the best for her out of both worlds. Regarding the critizism, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and live as Mrs O'Neill in New York.

Sorry but I think Mr Eriksson has a point. Madeleine has been cherrypicking for years, trying to get the best for her out of both worlds. Regarding the critizism, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and live as Mrs O'Neill in New York.

I agree with you. And maybe Madeleine should remember that she needs the press in her work for Childhood. And if she ever takes the job of her mother as the main figure of Childhood, she needs it even more.

Lena Mellin, the Deputy Publisher of Aftonbladet
You don't need to be a princess if you do not want
Princess Madeleine doesn't have to be a princess if she doesn't want. One can withdraw even from inherited titles if you do not like the responsibilities they entail.
Madeleine is the fourth in line to the Swedish throne. That means she is part of the Swedish polity. She is thus expected to appear in official contexts and represent Sweden and the continuity of Swedish history.
This can be done in different ways. But the path Princess Madeleine has chosen is not in tune with the court's own recommendations in the "Advice for organizers" on the court's website. It says: "The organizer is responsible that suitable barrier is made with respect to both the royal guests and to the photographers and journalists to have the best opportunity to do a good job."
To perform a journalistic work the ability to ask questions is basic. It's so the journalists and their audience, get to know something.

It's not that Princess Madeleine doesn't want to communicate, the contrary. But she prefers one-way communication. In January, she published a dozen posts on her official Facebook page, many about childhood conditions. And the film when she announced her engagement to Chris O'Neill is already a classic.
The marriage with him had been an excellent opportunity for Madeleine to withdraw from the limelight if that's what she wants. When the king's sisters married commoner men they got to keep a princess title but slipped out of the royal family.
If Madeleine would have wanted to withdraw from the scene the princess title offers, the wedding would have been a great opportunity. She would have also escaped the other side of the coin, the duties the role as a princess brings.
Chris O'Neill was offered to become a member of the royal family. But he wanted to continue his business and said thanks, but no thanks.
There are choices you can make. But Princess Madeleine has elected to both eat her cake and have it too.
Man behöver inte vara prinsessa om man inte vill Lena Mellin Kolumnister Nyheter Aftonbladet

Royal expert Sten Hedman agrees with Leif Eriksson about the criticism.
- It belongs to her duties so she has an obligation to set up and answer questions, he says.
Hedman thinks that Madeleine as the Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland has a special role and should therefore be extra open for interviews from local media in the counties.
- They want to take her seriously. Here she can show that she doesn't just go around waving but is a woman that is well-informed and able to answer questions.
According to Hedman, there is a natural explanation for the princess's actions. Embarrassment. Which means that she never learned to speak in front of many people.
Hedman believes that Madeleine could learn a thing or two from Prince Daniel who often sets up to media purposes.
- He takes the task seriously and is very professional.
Hovexperten Därför ger inte prinsessan intervjuer - DN.SE

Last edited:
Lena Mellin, the Deputy Publisher of Aftonbladet
You don't need to be a princess if you do not want
Princess Madeleine doesn't have to be a princess if she doesn't want. One can withdraw even from inherited titles if you do not like the responsibilities they entail.
Madeleine is the fourth in line to the Swedish throne. That means she is part of the Swedish polity. She is thus expected to appear in official contexts and represent Sweden and the continuity of Swedish history.
This can be done in different ways. But the path Princess Madeleine has chosen is not in tune with the court's own recommendations in the "Advice for organizers" on the court's website. It says: "The organizer is responsible that suitable barrier is made with respect to both the royal guests and to the photographers and journalists to have the best opportunity to do a good job."
To perform a journalistic work the ability to ask questions is basic. It's so the journalists and their audience, get to know something.

It's not that Princess Madeleine doesn't want to communicate, the contrary. But she prefers one-way communication. In January, she published a dozen posts on her official Facebook page, many about childhood conditions. And the film when she announced her engagement to Chris O'Neill is already a classic.
The marriage with him had been an excellent opportunity for Madeleine to withdraw from the limelight if that's what she wants. When the king's sisters married commoner men they got to keep a princess title but slipped out of the royal family.
If Madeleine would have wanted to withdraw from the scene the princess title offers, the wedding would have been a great opportunity. She would have also escaped the other side of the coin, the duties the role as a princess brings.
Chris O'Neill was offered to become a member of the royal family. But he wanted to continue his business and said thanks, but no thanks.
There are choices you can make. But Princess Madeleine has elected to both eat her cake and have it too.
Man behöver inte vara prinsessa om man inte vill Lena Mellin Kolumnister Nyheter Aftonbladet

Agree 100% !!!

I've been following this discussion for a while now and find it quite interesting.

It seems to me that Madeleine's situation is comparable to that of many celebrities. There are those in Hollywood who are always complaining about the press and yet never manage to stay under the radar. Others seem to be successful at keeping their private lives private, they don't complain or throw fits, they just manage their daily lives without a fuss. Yet when it's time to face the press, they smile politely and give the odd interview.

I think this has everything to do with their personality types and how successful they are at managing the press. Attempting to control the media or appearing hostile toward them is never going to work because no single person can control them.

It is entirely up to Madeleine to handle the situation with more tact and maturity. Appear less hostile and defensive and perhaps her husband should follow suit. Even in the recent documentary about the SRF Chris was hinting that he did not like the media attention. If you're going to adopt a negative attitude from day one then the media is going to pick up on that and be more critical. It's the nature of the beast. Surely when he married his wife he realized that she wasn't severing all ties with her country or giving up all her responsibilities. She still has her title even if he refused his. This is just the beginning. They're going to live their entire lives under media scrutiny.

I think this couple needs a lesson in media relations. Look how cleverly Camilla was rehabilitated in the British media after Diana's death.

Last edited:
I count myself guilty for overlooking the fact that Madeleine is pregnant and, to be honest, while Catherine is getting a fee pass because of it, Madeleine is in the wierd situation of being the cause of a storm of agro with no end in sight.

I think it's that great karma thing, or maybe the biblical reaping of what you sow, but Princess Madeleine is in the gun. No ifs or buts and certainly no free pass. She has treated the press with arrogance and rudeness and, on the rare occasion she is in the public eye, they are going to go for it. Only the timing is unfortunate as she is certainly not undeserving. :ohmy:

This whole thing seems wildly overblown and that a reporter got his nose out of joint and is enjoying his a lot more than fifteen minutes of fame. Sure, they were gunning for her, after the Chris money story of course. These people are really acting like babes in the woods!
Why wouldn't the press office set up interviews ahead of time, like any dignitary who visits a place? You know, got to do the local tv and radio and newspapers to keep people happy. It is always the small fry press who have chips on their shoulder

This whole thing seems wildly overblown and that a reporter got his nose out of joint and is enjoying his a lot more than fifteen minutes of fame. Sure, they were gunning for her, after the Chris money story of course. These people are really acting like babes in the woods!
Why wouldn't the press office set up interviews ahead of time, like any dignitary who visits a place? You know, got to do the local tv and radio and newspapers to keep people happy. It is always the small fry press who have chips on their shoulder

You nailed it.

Does the press in Sweden have a go at Madde and Chris because everyone else is taboo? Did they see a chink in the armor of support for the SRF in Sweden when she married a rich "American" (I know he's not American) wall street tycoon?

I have not followed Madde's attitude with the press over the years some I'm not sure what she's brought on herself.

Does the press in Sweden have a go at Madde and Chris because everyone else is taboo? Did they see a chink in the armor of support for the SRF in Sweden when she married a rich "American" (I know he's not American) wall street tycoon?

I have not followed Madde's attitude with the press over the years some I'm not sure what she's brought on herself.
The attitude has been alot there. Think of her as a non-sympathetic prince Harry. She was the party-princess (at the upclass bars, stureplan all the way) and when her engagement broke she "fled" to the US (which was kind of understandable) but she stayed there and did not do anything for Sweden. Didn't show up to Victoriadagenn and such. That all has bunched up to her image of not caring, socialite. I'm not saying it's true. Just that's the reason for the media-thing.

The director of Radio P4 Gävleborg isn't interested in Chris's tax problems. He is not a gossip journalist. He is just doing his work and sees it as an important issue that when the duchess of Gästrikland finally visits her duchy after many years, she gives an interview and the press can ask her about her thoughts of her visit to her duchy and what she possibly can do for her duchy.
It has been often told that Madeleine doesn't like interviews, so the press doesn't plan them to her. It has also been written earlier that she never gives public speeches. There is not a single speech at her page at the court website.

Last edited:
A Swedish blogger wrote about the interview controversy:
' Pull yourself together Leif!
P4 boss Leif Eriksson yesterday wrote an open letter to the court here, he asked Princess Madeleine to "pull herself together". She had apparently been on a visit in Gävle but did not give journalists enough time and now he questions her and think that she behaves amateurish and it is her duty to give the media time. So sorry, but everything in the Princess's life is medially. She can not take a single step without negatively, assessed. Madeleine devotes her life to represent Sweden and to work for Childhood and help vulnerable children in the world. If people think it is easy so you're wrong. Every single day of the Royal Family's agenda is fully booked, usually one year ahead. That Leif is sour because she does not have time to talk more with the press when she visits a county she's Duchess of, is just childish. Do you think Leif that Madeleine herself decided her schedule that day?

She is doing well as best she can.

I'm incredibly happy about the openness Princess offers. Every day you can follow her on Facebook, where she spends glimpses of her everyday life, both jobs but also family photos. When can you get as close to royalty? The fact that she does not have time for questions on site during a visit, what does it matter? I'm more interested in her job with Childhood than what she thinks about Gävle's business community. Also, I wonder, what the Swedish press did to deserve her time. 99% of what is written about her is negative, Swedish journalists dig evenly with a huge social utopia shovel to find the smallest that can add to the false image of her. With the luggage, I understand that she prefers one-way, I would also have done the same.'
http://blondinbella.se/2015/02/skarp-dig-leif/
Here's an interview she gave in Halsingland, her other Duchy in 2006
https://translate.googleusercontent...yktet/&usg=ALkJrhgWGN1XDoEnvwEXh9H170Knao_JRA

Last edited:
Blondinbella's blog is written by Isabella Löwengrip. She started the blog when she was 14 years old, Blondinbella being an alter ego with a glamorous lifestyle. The blog focuses on fashion and partying. It has been criticised for covertly advertising products for companies such as Elizabeth Arden and Black In. Swedish Consumer Agency (Konsumentverket) has researched her blog many times.
http://jinge.se/allmant/konsumentverket-ska-granska-blondinbellas-reklam.htm
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/blondinbella-utreds-for-smygreklam/
http://www.di.se/artiklar/2013/2/5/blondinbella-anmald-till-konsumentverket/

Here's an interview she gave in Halsingland, her other Duchy in 2006
https://translate.googleusercontent...yktet/&usg=ALkJrhgWGN1XDoEnvwEXh9H170Knao_JRA

The interview was not given on a visit to Hälsingland, the newspaper HD quoted the interview Madeleine gave to swedish newsagency TT. She gave the interview after she had completed her Bachelor of Arts Degree at Stockholm University in January 2006, she wanted to tell about her future plans.
This TT-interview was quoted in many newspapers.

Last edited:
]

The interview was not given on a visit to Hälsingland, the newspaper HD quoted the interview Madeleine gave to swedish newsagency TT. She gave the interview after she had completed her Bachelor of Arts Degree at Stockholm University in January 2006, she wanted to tell about her future plans.

Yea you are right...I accidently understood Helsingborg for Halsingland in the SvD article.....I attached it thinking it was in Halsingland since a reporter said she hasn't given an interview in one of her provinces in 11 years but I suppose it's pointless now since she has given many interviews outside of Gastrikland and Halsingland

Last edited:
Blondinbella's blog is written by Isabella Löwengrip. She started the blog when she was 14 years old, Blondinbella being an alter ego with a glamorous lifestyle. The blog focuses on fashion and partying. It has been criticised for covertly advertising products for companies such as Elizabeth Arden and Black In. Swedish Consumer Agency (Konsumentverket) has researched her blog many times.
Konsumentverket ska granska Blondinbellas reklam | Anders Romelsjö på jinge.se
Blondinbella utreds för smygreklam | Nyheter | Expressen
di.se - Blondinbella anmäld till Konsumentverket

Uhm, minimal fashion and no partying anymore. A soon mother of 2 and a buissnes-tycoon..... Pretty badly fact checked introduction to her :p

The attitude has been alot there. Think of her as a non-sympathetic prince Harry. She was the party-princess (at the upclass bars, stureplan all the way) and when her engagement broke she "fled" to the US (which was kind of understandable) but she stayed there and did not do anything for Sweden. Didn't show up to Victoriadagenn and such. That all has bunched up to her image of not caring, socialite. I'm not saying it's true. Just that's the reason for the media-thing.

It's baffling to me why they dog her when SH has been, thus far, given a free pass with a heck of a lot more titillating baggage to paw through.

It's baffling to me why they dog her when SH has been, thus far, given a free pass with a heck of a lot more titillating baggage to paw through.
Baggage, yes. But she is accepted 1 because she doesn't try to seem better than anyone (Which is a death sin in Sweden, sadly. Google Jantelagen) and also that she works with charity without "needing" to because of her position. Her doing it even before becoming a princess gives result. People with work drive is highly respected.

Baggage, yes. But she is accepted 1 because she doesn't try to seem better than anyone (Which is a death sin in Sweden, sadly. Google Jantelagen) and also that she works with charity without "needing" to because of her position. Her doing it even before becoming a princess gives result. People with work drive is highly respected.

Heidi Klum spoke about this when she was asked why she prefers to live in America - nobody looks down on your success, and I think you are right.

Here in the U.S. it's quite the opposite - nobody would look down on Chris's success but people would have a lot to say about Sofia because she's a woman who took off her clothes.

Heidi Klum spoke about this when she was asked why she prefers to live in America - nobody looks down on your success, and I think you are right.

Here in the U.S. it's quite the opposite - nobody would look down on Chris's success but people would have a lot to say about Sofia because she's a woman who took off her clothes.
I know. I hate that part of Swedish culture.... But it explains alot for people that doesn't know it.

Alice Bah lectures Madeleine
The Minister for Culture and Democracy, Alice Bah Kuhnke, gave an interview to Expressen. She supports Leif Eriksson's criticism about Madeleine.
- I think it is extremely important that all those in power allow themselves to be interviewed, examined and evaluated.
Are the royal family members those in power?
- Yes, definitely. Those in power with a big bag of tax money. Of course the taxpayers have the right to have them evaluated and reviewed.
Alice Bah knows Crown Princess Victoria well. In 2002, she wrote a book about Victoria together with the head of information Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
Bah and Crown Princess Victoria met last week at Auschwitz when the liberation of the prisoners was commemorated. They flew in the government plane along with several survivors of the concentration camp.
- Victoria sat throughout the trip down there, and throughout the trip back, talking with the survivors and asked questions. She has an impressive energy in her work. Victoria is extremely dedicated, intelligent, curious and charismatic person, says the minister.
The Green Party has at their program that the monarchy "in the long term should be abolished." Bah agrees with that. But it is not a question that is on her agenda.
- There is an important democratic stance, that people should be allowed to choose their head of state. It is the foundation of all democratic development.
Shouldn't the question be on your agenda?
- As long as we have the system we have in Sweden, where the monarchy has no power other than symbolic - to represent - then it is important that we have representatives like Victoria than of another kind.
Alice Bah Kuhnke läxar upp Madeleine Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Video of the visit to Gävle
http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/2648257/prinsesspar-pa-besok-i-gavle

Gallery
http://www.royalpress.nl/categories.php?cat_id=1623&sessionid=ucjrsaecdlqk6qoie2i1csfeo3

Expressed is a tabloid, is that right?are we supposed to quote tabloids on this website like the daily fail as accurate Sources?

Expressed is a tabloid, is that right?are we supposed to quote tabloids on this website like the daily fail as accurate Sources?
It's tabloid-ish. But definitely not a tabloid per-se... It's like Aftonbladet. Not super reliable, but not a tabloid.

I know. I hate that part of Swedish culture.... But it explains alot for people that doesn't know it.
In Australia and New Zealand we would probably equate it "Tall Poppy Syndrome", where any high achievers keep getting cut down to size! Either is pretty negative if not downright ugly.

In Australia and New Zealand we would probably equate it "Tall Poppy Syndrome", where any high achievers keep getting cut down to size! Either is pretty negative if not downright ugly.

Interesting. I have always thought that Tall Poppy Syndrome has a lot to do with the attitude of the high achiever: how they behave after achieving success. I think that here it is OK to be successful as long as you don't bung on airs and graces and start behaving as though you are better than everyone else just because you've got money. Successful people who don't flout their wealth and who don't desert their old mates just because they have climbed up the economic ladder aren't cut down. I don't think so, anyway. And though I am no expert on Chris and I may be wrong, I don't think he is a man who loudly and brazenly flaunts his success.

Interesting. I have always thought that Tall Poppy Syndrome has a lot to do with the attitude of the high achiever: how they behave after achieving success. I think that here it is OK to be successful as long as you don't bung on airs and graces and start behaving as though you are better than everyone else just because you've got money. Successful people who don't flout their wealth and who don't desert their old mates just because they have climbed up the economic ladder aren't cut down. I don't think so, anyway. And though I am no expert on Chris and I may be wrong, I don't think he is a man who loudly and brazenly flaunts his success.
In Sweden, him being a "jetsetter" is bad enough. So wearing a Rolex is an eyesore. (I'm not saying I agree. Just stating the mentality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom