The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 02-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The gossip press attacks again, I saw an article "Ten photos where Chris looks like he is having a hangover".
And Stoppa pressarna quotes article in Hänt i Veckan, that some weeks ago Madeleine and Chris were arguing at the restaurant AG.
An eyewitness tells that Chris watched many times Madeleine with "strained eyes". Madeleine didn't sit next to Chris, and didn't smile during the whole evening.
- Chris gestured wildly with his hands. He looked really upset. The atmosphere was a little strange as they sat in the middle of the room and everyone could see and hear them.
Chris ilskeattack mot Madeleine på innekrog i Stockholm Stoppa Pressarna
The cover of Hänt i Veckan
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SOH.jpg
If Madeleine and Chris are indeed having marital problems as the article implies, why would they have another child together ?

Having said that, I am not very optimistic about the long-term prospects of their marriage, not least because of the strain that the press is putting on it. Let's hope I'm wrong !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If that would be the caseLeonorecould still be created a Princess.
In Spain the children of Elena and Cristina did not get titles but Felipe was not marred at that time. The same in the UK When Anne's children whre born none of her borhters was married and had children.
In the UK, only grandchildren of the monarch in male line (i.e. children of one of the monarch's sons) are given princely titles. That is why Anne's children are untitled, but Andrew's daughters are princesses. Applying the same rule, Edward's children should be HRHs too, but were styled instead and are referred to in court circulars as children of an earl in the peerage of the UK.
__________________

  #142  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:15 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 3,686
The King's Aunts (Desirée and Cristina )Husbands and Children are untitled.
There will be to much RHH in Sweden this year 2 more Sofia and Madeine second Child.

Madeleine and Jonas and had to wait I think Princess Victoria's Official Annoncement.

Their Engagment failed , Madeleine went to NY and met Chris.

Very quickly they annonced their Engagement....they married , had to quickly their first Child and now Problems before the birth of their second Child.

Never had a good Opinion about Madeleine , Cris and his Family.
__________________

  #143  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,673
Urgh. So, is it something so dreadful if her first engagement failed and she got a familiy quickly afterwards? i don't understand this.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #144  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
IMHO it would have been better if the children of both CP as Madeleine would be HH Prince(ss) Bernadotte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But unlike the belgian King the swedish King can not create new noble titles. He can only decide about the title of the mbers of the royal Family.
Prince(ss) NN Bernadotte is possible, and there is a precedent. The style of Highness is, I believe, unprecedented in Sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Andrew's daughters are princesses.
In addition, the children of Prince Joachim of Denmark, Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent of Belgium, Prince Félix and Prince Louis of Luxembourg, and Princes Max, Constantin, Philipp, and Nikolaus of Liechtenstein - some of whom were born after the heir to the throne had children - have royal titles.
  #145  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Elena/Cristina's children hold no titles but they are styled 'His/ Her Excellency Don/Doña ' and are Grandes de España,slightly different to the children of the Princess Royal.
That is right:

Su Exelencia Don Felipe de Marichalar y Borbón, Grande de España, Caballero Divisero Hijodalgo del Ilustre Solar de Tejada

Su Excelencia Doña Victoria de Marichalar y Borbón, Grande de España

  #146  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It is sad, that many people read these gossip magazines, and believe them. Of course, if the press continues like this, Madeleine could get the people's sympathy. And there aren't any negative articles about Carl Philip and Sofia, and the articles about Victoria and Daniel are normally guessing if Victoria is pregnant again.
That I find strange. Stranger than strange. Of course, it may be a 'honeymoon period'? The gossip mags will wait until after the wedding to plague them? Might be off-topic because not directly about Chris and Madeleine, but observation still holds.

I also agree about the lack of real evidence about these fights. Strange, too, that no one is spilling the beans about what they are suppose to be fighting about.

BTW I don't recall this kind of press before they decided to leave NYC. Has this always been so? Has Chris been the object of such negative press right along?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #147  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: anywhere, Sweden
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Urgh. So, is it something so dreadful if her first engagement failed and she got a familiy quickly afterwards? i don't understand this.
I agree. It wasnt' even that quick. They dated two years and before announcing their engagement, they have lived together for a year. Imo, you could see if something is working or not, especially if you are are around you thirties.

It's hard to say if they are having problems or not. They could have a stormy relationship, but good for them. Or their fights are just overblown. Or they have issues. One thing is sure, they are adjusting to many things, so it's not that easy.
But Madeleine seems happy in her appearences.

Quote:
BTW I don't recall this kind of press before they decided to leave NYC. Has this always been so? Has Chris been the object of such negative press right along?
Not so strong, but it was there. Around the wedding they made a fuss about something like the Cayman island that is common in finance. They have never liked him.
  #148  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fra85 View Post
I agree. It wasnt' even that quick. They dated two years and before announcing their engagement, they have lived together for a year. Imo, you could see if something is working or not, especially if you are are around you thirties.

It's hard to say if they are having problems or not. They could have a stormy relationship, but good for them. Or their fights are just overblown. Or they have issues. One thing is sure, they are adjusting to many things, so it's not that easy.

But Madeleine seems happy in her appearences.
She is pregnant. Not always the most even-keeled time.

I agree, too, about having a stormy relationship! Good for them (if that's the case!)
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #149  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
BTW I don't recall this kind of press before they decided to leave NYC. Has this always been so? Has Chris been the object of such negative press right along?
Chris was at first seen as a playboy in some articles. And the press, even financial press in Sweden, wrote negative articles about him when it was found out that he worked in a hedge fund, and had connections to Cayman Islands.
Just before the wedding Madeleine was caught of driving at the bus lane and there were big headlines.
After the wedding Chris and Madeleine were angry that their honeymoon photos were published. And the media was angry to them because they didn't give any interviews before the wedding and Madeleine published photos from their honeymoon at her Facebook, even though they claimed that they wanted to be private.

There has also been columns about Madeleine during the years, here is one after Leonore was born:
"Or her wedding which was garnished by young folk musicians from Hälsingland, whom she did not condescend to give a glance."
En sagolik hertiginna - helahalsingland.se

Where do these kind of opinions come? Does a columnist at a newspaper lie? I read this column last year and it has been in my mind ever since.
  #150  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:41 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 3,686
I am glad Mrs Eva Maria Walter did not receive a Swedish Royal Decoration as Mr and Mrs Westling and the Family Sommerlath!
  #151  
Old 02-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But unlike the belgian King the swedish King can not create new noble titles. He can only decide about the title of the mbers of the royal Family. But i think they should have followed the example from Norway. That Madeleine's children get the surname of ther father but are in line of succession. If nneded they could stuill be created Prince/Princess later.
Thanks for that information Stefan. So that is perhaps why some princes received the Bernadotte title from GDss Charlotte of Luxembourg?

In that case, I suppose gender equality means that if CP's children will be HRH Prince(ss) X, so should the children of Madeleine.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #152  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 8,768
I have glanced at this thread with considerable interest and the impression I get is that there is almost media campaign going on in, if not discrediting M&C then certainly being very critical indeed. But is that really the case?

There have been a number of examples of negative stories. But aren't there always an x number of negative stories over a given period?
What is the comparison in regards to negative/critical stories counted against the positive stories? Does the negative coverage far outweigh the positive press?
Who are writing the negative stories/columns? Are they predominantly by republicans or people who have a history of criticizing the SRF anyway?
How credible/influential/respected are the journalists or columnists writing negative stories about M&C?
Are we talking about the politically correct "opinion elite" (whom no one would listen to if the rest of the "opinion elite" didn't they were oh so interesting)?
How many of these articles would make you and Swedes in general sit up and listen? I.e which are most respectable and credible.

And last but by no means least: What is the word on the street in Sweden?

- A lot of questions, I know. But perhaps we should try and turn the issue around in this debate and have a critical look at the press. That would perhaps result in a more nuanced view.
  #153  
Old 02-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
What I really dont understand is the trashing of M and C in the media, where as SH has had a free ride from the press, with a much deeper treasure trove of scandalous pics to mine.
  #154  
Old 02-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
What I really dont understand is the trashing of M and C in the media, where as SH has had a free ride from the press, with a much deeper treasure trove of scandalous pics to mine.
Right-on! 'Tis a puzzle.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #155  
Old 02-13-2015, 12:30 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 628
I think Madeleine's main sin with the media is that she's a young, attractive woman who's not interested in playing their game. She's a potential goldmine if only she'd cooperate with them. They can try and dress things up with pompous articles about Swedish democracy and the apparently beleaguered Swedish taxpayer, but come on. If she was a bland middle aged man the press wouldn't care because bland middle aged men don't sell, no matter what they do, (or don't do).
  #156  
Old 02-13-2015, 04:13 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,479
And what do you think that this makes for the public opinion?
"Chris's unknown fortune at a tax haven"
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/df/...822/502@70.jpg

I put the article to the O'Neill family thread, because his father founded the company in Liechtenstein and his sisters are involved.
The Family of Chris O'Neill

Many people see the cover of Expressen and read it. What does a common Swede who tries to get a long with a small salary, think of this? Even if this wasn't true, people have seen the cover (if it isn't true, Chris must deny it soon). And what it does to the royal family? Maybe people think that if Chris has/has had money at a tax haven, maybe the royal family has money there too?

I can confess that when I see the words "tax haven", I see red...
  #157  
Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: anywhere, Sweden
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I have glanced at this thread with considerable interest and the impression I get is that there is almost media campaign going on in, if not discrediting M&C then certainly being very critical indeed. But is that really the case?

There have been a number of examples of negative stories. But aren't there always an x number of negative stories over a given period?
What is the comparison in regards to negative/critical stories counted against the positive stories? Does the negative coverage far outweigh the positive press?
Who are writing the negative stories/columns? Are they predominantly by republicans or people who have a history of criticizing the SRF anyway?
How credible/influential/respected are the journalists or columnists writing negative stories about M&C?
Are we talking about the politically correct "opinion elite" (whom no one would listen to if the rest of the "opinion elite" didn't they were oh so interesting)?
How many of these articles would make you and Swedes in general sit up and listen? I.e which are most respectable and credible.

And last but by no means least: What is the word on the street in Sweden?

- A lot of questions, I know. But perhaps we should try and turn the issue around in this debate and have a critical look at the press. That would perhaps result in a more nuanced view.
I can answer for myself and while I'm not from Sweden, I'm married to one. The people I meet don't really care about the royal family. And this is quite common in the younger generations. They don't think it's necessary.

About the positive stories, MC dont get any.
About the writers, it's both people that have always been critical and people that write well about the RF. i.e. Lindwall is really positive about Sofia.
  #158  
Old 02-13-2015, 04:27 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fra85 View Post
About the positive stories, MC dont get any.
About the writers, it's both people that have always been critical and people that write well about the RF. i.e. Lindwall is really positive about Sofia.
But Lindwall wrote very positive articles about Chris at least until the wedding. He praised Chris very much when he met Chris, Madeleine and the queen at Childhood event in USA, when Chris had said "but Johan, of course I know who you are". And Lindwall praised Chris's speech at the wedding.
  #159  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: anywhere, Sweden
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But Lindwall wrote very positive articles about Chris at least until the wedding. He praised Chris very much when he met Chris, Madeleine and the queen at Childhood event in USA, when Chris had said "but Johan, of course I know who you are". And Lindwall praised Chris's speech at the wedding.
You are right. I didnt remember.

What makes me curious is why they felt the need to bring back M&C. I don't think Chris was eager and Madeleine could have been happy in London.
While I do think they will move to London next year, it was a mistake to make them come back. This caused a mess and media are attacking them more than if they stayed in USA or UK.
  #160  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,877
Maybe she was homesick and wanted to be with her family.
Especially as she's having another baby all girls need their mums at these times even if they have nannies etc there is no one like your mum.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit october 2016 camillas outfits catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander martha louise member introduction monarchy multiple births new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises