The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,950
This whole thing seems wildly overblown and that a reporter got his nose out of joint and is enjoying his a lot more than fifteen minutes of fame. Sure, they were gunning for her, after the Chris money story of course. These people are really acting like babes in the woods!
Why wouldn't the press office set up interviews ahead of time, like any dignitary who visits a place? You know, got to do the local tv and radio and newspapers to keep people happy. It is always the small fry press who have chips on their shoulder
__________________

  #42  
Old 02-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
This whole thing seems wildly overblown and that a reporter got his nose out of joint and is enjoying his a lot more than fifteen minutes of fame. Sure, they were gunning for her, after the Chris money story of course. These people are really acting like babes in the woods!
Why wouldn't the press office set up interviews ahead of time, like any dignitary who visits a place? You know, got to do the local tv and radio and newspapers to keep people happy. It is always the small fry press who have chips on their shoulder
You nailed it.
__________________

  #43  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:12 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Does the press in Sweden have a go at Madde and Chris because everyone else is taboo? Did they see a chink in the armor of support for the SRF in Sweden when she married a rich "American" (I know he's not American) wall street tycoon?

I have not followed Madde's attitude with the press over the years some I'm not sure what she's brought on herself.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #44  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Does the press in Sweden have a go at Madde and Chris because everyone else is taboo? Did they see a chink in the armor of support for the SRF in Sweden when she married a rich "American" (I know he's not American) wall street tycoon?

I have not followed Madde's attitude with the press over the years some I'm not sure what she's brought on herself.
The attitude has been alot there. Think of her as a non-sympathetic prince Harry. She was the party-princess (at the upclass bars, stureplan all the way) and when her engagement broke she "fled" to the US (which was kind of understandable) but she stayed there and did not do anything for Sweden. Didn't show up to Victoriadagenn and such. That all has bunched up to her image of not caring, socialite. I'm not saying it's true. Just that's the reason for the media-thing.
  #45  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
This whole thing seems wildly overblown and that a reporter got his nose out of joint and is enjoying his a lot more than fifteen minutes of fame. Sure, they were gunning for her, after the Chris money story of course. These people are really acting like babes in the woods!
Why wouldn't the press office set up interviews ahead of time, like any dignitary who visits a place? You know, got to do the local tv and radio and newspapers to keep people happy. It is always the small fry press who have chips on their shoulder
The director of Radio P4 Gävleborg isn't interested in Chris's tax problems. He is not a gossip journalist. He is just doing his work and sees it as an important issue that when the duchess of Gästrikland finally visits her duchy after many years, she gives an interview and the press can ask her about her thoughts of her visit to her duchy and what she possibly can do for her duchy.
It has been often told that Madeleine doesn't like interviews, so the press doesn't plan them to her. It has also been written earlier that she never gives public speeches. There is not a single speech at her page at the court website.
  #46  
Old 02-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Baron Brockdorf's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manteleina, Rabat, Malta
Posts: 549
A Swedish blogger wrote about the interview controversy:
' Pull yourself together Leif!
P4 boss Leif Eriksson yesterday wrote an open letter to the court here, he asked Princess Madeleine to "pull herself together". She had apparently been on a visit in Gävle but did not give journalists enough time and now he questions her and think that she behaves amateurish and it is her duty to give the media time. So sorry, but everything in the Princess's life is medially. She can not take a single step without negatively, assessed. Madeleine devotes her life to represent Sweden and to work for Childhood and help vulnerable children in the world. If people think it is easy so you're wrong. Every single day of the Royal Family's agenda is fully booked, usually one year ahead. That Leif is sour because she does not have time to talk more with the press when she visits a county she's Duchess of, is just childish. Do you think Leif that Madeleine herself decided her schedule that day?

She is doing well as best she can.

I'm incredibly happy about the openness Princess offers. Every day you can follow her on Facebook, where she spends glimpses of her everyday life, both jobs but also family photos. When can you get as close to royalty? The fact that she does not have time for questions on site during a visit, what does it matter? I'm more interested in her job with Childhood than what she thinks about Gävle's business community. Also, I wonder, what the Swedish press did to deserve her time. 99% of what is written about her is negative, Swedish journalists dig evenly with a huge social utopia shovel to find the smallest that can add to the false image of her. With the luggage, I understand that she prefers one-way, I would also have done the same.'
http://blondinbella.se/2015/02/skarp-dig-leif/
Here's an interview she gave in Halsingland, her other Duchy in 2006
https://translate.googleusercontent....h9H170Knao_JRA
  #47  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:07 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,500
Blondinbella's blog is written by Isabella Löwengrip. She started the blog when she was 14 years old, Blondinbella being an alter ego with a glamorous lifestyle. The blog focuses on fashion and partying. It has been criticised for covertly advertising products for companies such as Elizabeth Arden and Black In. Swedish Consumer Agency (Konsumentverket) has researched her blog many times.
http://jinge.se/allmant/konsumentver...las-reklam.htm
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/blon...or-smygreklam/
http://www.di.se/artiklar/2013/2/5/b...nsumentverket/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Here's an interview she gave in Halsingland, her other Duchy in 2006
https://translate.googleusercontent....h9H170Knao_JRA
The interview was not given on a visit to Hälsingland, the newspaper HD quoted the interview Madeleine gave to swedish newsagency TT. She gave the interview after she had completed her Bachelor of Arts Degree at Stockholm University in January 2006, she wanted to tell about her future plans.
This TT-interview was quoted in many newspapers.
  #48  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Baron Brockdorf's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manteleina, Rabat, Malta
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
]



The interview was not given on a visit to Hälsingland, the newspaper HD quoted the interview Madeleine gave to swedish newsagency TT. She gave the interview after she had completed her Bachelor of Arts Degree at Stockholm University in January 2006, she wanted to tell about her future plans.
This TT-interview was quoted in many newspapers.
Yea you are right...I accidently understood Helsingborg for Halsingland in the SvD article.....I attached it thinking it was in Halsingland since a reporter said she hasn't given an interview in one of her provinces in 11 years but I suppose it's pointless now since she has given many interviews outside of Gastrikland and Halsingland
  #49  
Old 02-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Blondinbella's blog is written by Isabella Löwengrip. She started the blog when she was 14 years old, Blondinbella being an alter ego with a glamorous lifestyle. The blog focuses on fashion and partying. It has been criticised for covertly advertising products for companies such as Elizabeth Arden and Black In. Swedish Consumer Agency (Konsumentverket) has researched her blog many times.
Konsumentverket ska granska Blondinbellas reklam | Anders Romelsjö på jinge.se
Blondinbella utreds för smygreklam | Nyheter | Expressen
di.se - Blondinbella anmäld till Konsumentverket



The interview was not given on a visit to Hälsingland, the newspaper HD quoted the interview Madeleine gave to swedish newsagency TT. She gave the interview after she had completed her Bachelor of Arts Degree at Stockholm University in January 2006, she wanted to tell about her future plans.
This TT-interview was quoted in many newspapers.
Uhm, minimal fashion and no partying anymore. A soon mother of 2 and a buissnes-tycoon..... Pretty badly fact checked introduction to her :P
  #50  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The attitude has been alot there. Think of her as a non-sympathetic prince Harry. She was the party-princess (at the upclass bars, stureplan all the way) and when her engagement broke she "fled" to the US (which was kind of understandable) but she stayed there and did not do anything for Sweden. Didn't show up to Victoriadagenn and such. That all has bunched up to her image of not caring, socialite. I'm not saying it's true. Just that's the reason for the media-thing.
It's baffling to me why they dog her when SH has been, thus far, given a free pass with a heck of a lot more titillating baggage to paw through.
  #51  
Old 02-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
It's baffling to me why they dog her when SH has been, thus far, given a free pass with a heck of a lot more titillating baggage to paw through.
Baggage, yes. But she is accepted 1 because she doesn't try to seem better than anyone (Which is a death sin in Sweden, sadly. Google Jantelagen) and also that she works with charity without "needing" to because of her position. Her doing it even before becoming a princess gives result. People with work drive is highly respected.
  #52  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:27 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Baggage, yes. But she is accepted 1 because she doesn't try to seem better than anyone (Which is a death sin in Sweden, sadly. Google Jantelagen) and also that she works with charity without "needing" to because of her position. Her doing it even before becoming a princess gives result. People with work drive is highly respected.
Heidi Klum spoke about this when she was asked why she prefers to live in America - nobody looks down on your success, and I think you are right.

Here in the U.S. it's quite the opposite - nobody would look down on Chris's success but people would have a lot to say about Sofia because she's a woman who took off her clothes.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #53  
Old 02-07-2015, 03:29 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Heidi Klum spoke about this when she was asked why she prefers to live in America - nobody looks down on your success, and I think you are right.

Here in the U.S. it's quite the opposite - nobody would look down on Chris's success but people would have a lot to say about Sofia because she's a woman who took off her clothes.
I know. I hate that part of Swedish culture.... But it explains alot for people that doesn't know it.
  #54  
Old 02-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Heidi Klum is german, not swedish?
  #55  
Old 02-07-2015, 03:55 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,500
Alice Bah lectures Madeleine
The Minister for Culture and Democracy, Alice Bah Kuhnke, gave an interview to Expressen. She supports Leif Eriksson's criticism about Madeleine.
- I think it is extremely important that all those in power allow themselves to be interviewed, examined and evaluated.
Are the royal family members those in power?
- Yes, definitely. Those in power with a big bag of tax money. Of course the taxpayers have the right to have them evaluated and reviewed.
Alice Bah knows Crown Princess Victoria well. In 2002, she wrote a book about Victoria together with the head of information Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
Bah and Crown Princess Victoria met last week at Auschwitz when the liberation of the prisoners was commemorated. They flew in the government plane along with several survivors of the concentration camp.
- Victoria sat throughout the trip down there, and throughout the trip back, talking with the survivors and asked questions. She has an impressive energy in her work. Victoria is extremely dedicated, intelligent, curious and charismatic person, says the minister.
The Green Party has at their program that the monarchy "in the long term should be abolished." Bah agrees with that. But it is not a question that is on her agenda.
- There is an important democratic stance, that people should be allowed to choose their head of state. It is the foundation of all democratic development.
Shouldn't the question be on your agenda?
- As long as we have the system we have in Sweden, where the monarchy has no power other than symbolic - to represent - then it is important that we have representatives like Victoria than of another kind.
Alice Bah Kuhnke läxar upp Madeleine Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Video of the visit to Gävle
http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/2648257/...-besok-i-gavle

Gallery
http://www.royalpress.nl/categories....6qoie2i1csfeo3
  #56  
Old 02-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,950
Expressed is a tabloid, is that right?are we supposed to quote tabloids on this website like the daily fail as accurate Sources?
  #57  
Old 02-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Expressed is a tabloid, is that right?are we supposed to quote tabloids on this website like the daily fail as accurate Sources?
It's tabloid-ish. But definitely not a tabloid per-se... It's like Aftonbladet. Not super reliable, but not a tabloid.
  #58  
Old 02-08-2015, 11:58 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I know. I hate that part of Swedish culture.... But it explains alot for people that doesn't know it.
In Australia and New Zealand we would probably equate it "Tall Poppy Syndrome", where any high achievers keep getting cut down to size! Either is pretty negative if not downright ugly.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #59  
Old 02-09-2015, 12:17 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
In Australia and New Zealand we would probably equate it "Tall Poppy Syndrome", where any high achievers keep getting cut down to size! Either is pretty negative if not downright ugly.
Interesting. I have always thought that Tall Poppy Syndrome has a lot to do with the attitude of the high achiever: how they behave after achieving success. I think that here it is OK to be successful as long as you don't bung on airs and graces and start behaving as though you are better than everyone else just because you've got money. Successful people who don't flout their wealth and who don't desert their old mates just because they have climbed up the economic ladder aren't cut down. I don't think so, anyway. And though I am no expert on Chris and I may be wrong, I don't think he is a man who loudly and brazenly flaunts his success.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #60  
Old 02-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Interesting. I have always thought that Tall Poppy Syndrome has a lot to do with the attitude of the high achiever: how they behave after achieving success. I think that here it is OK to be successful as long as you don't bung on airs and graces and start behaving as though you are better than everyone else just because you've got money. Successful people who don't flout their wealth and who don't desert their old mates just because they have climbed up the economic ladder aren't cut down. I don't think so, anyway. And though I am no expert on Chris and I may be wrong, I don't think he is a man who loudly and brazenly flaunts his success.
In Sweden, him being a "jetsetter" is bad enough. So wearing a Rolex is an eyesore. (I'm not saying I agree. Just stating the mentality)
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene fashion princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises