The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful day yesterday. But agree with the article the image of the Madeleine alone is sad for me.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:26 AM
Majesty

OMG..who cares why Chris was absent?! It's his and Madeleine's business and no one else's. And Madeleine looked perfectly content to me.

Why doesn't the press just back off and leave this man the heck alone??

Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 AM
Royal Highness

Goodness there is a lot of bad will for this couple.
It's like a lot of people are willing a marriage breakdown. I wonder if the person on the street is feeling this way

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Well, I've critizised a lot the inconsistency about Chris attending or not. But it was clear that he would not attend last night. He moved to the UK, so I expect him to be out of the picture in the future unless his attendance is announced.

Madeleine wants to be a princess so she will attend events alone, pregnant or not. Its her choice. I dont get why a husband has to be around her, just because she is pregnant? Obviously she is well enough to attend, no need for somebody to hold her hand for the sake of it.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Exactly. She's pregnant, not ill.

I suspect Chris may be catching up on work to make sure that he is able to be at Madeleine's side when she goes into labor.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I suspect Chris may be catching up on work to make sure that he is able to be at Madeleine's side when she goes into labor.
Good point. There may be some length of time he wants to be with her and Lenore once the new baby is born, so they made a choice: he would be gone either before or after the birth. They chose after. We'll see, anyway. Clearly Madeleine is fine with whatever decision they have made. She looks very good with this pregnancy. I'm hoping for a boy for them, just for fun. But, of course, really hope the babe is healthy and happy.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Good point. There may be some length of time he wants to be with her and Lenore once the new baby is born, so they made a choice: he would be gone either before or after the birth. They chose after. We'll see, anyway. Clearly Madeleine is fine with whatever decision they have made. She looks very good with this pregnancy. I'm hoping for a boy for them, just for fun. But, of course, really hope the babe is healthy and happy.
Also I think it is more important for Madeleine that he shows up for their wedding anniversary tomorrow and her birthday on the 10th, than for an official function which he is not obligated to attend
Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Also I think it is more important for Madeleine that he shows up for their wedding anniversary tomorrow and her birthday on the 10th, than for an official function which he is not obligated to attend
Bingo! It's a question of priorities.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
[...] Madeleine wants to be a princess [...]
Small correction: she is a Princess, a daughter of a King, a sister to a future Queen...

Old 06-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Nobility

I really feel sad for Madie!!! She looks sad, had however the courage to participate partly in the national day celebrations.
Chris has left for London for various reason said the Court press officer, probably but the timing is not appropriate!! Has life in Stockholm become so unbearable to him? or has he been so naive to believe he could live with a princess as an outsider, not doing any effort to attract sympathy, and still not be critised in the press, in addition to questions about his current job.
The royal family is indeed a family business, showing interest in participating and learning Swedish are a must... Couldnīt he at least have some patience, a few months until the baby is born? to avoid bad rumors, and support his wife pregnant.
He appeared to me as being nice on one single occasion: in the January video (year with the royal family) in the part filmed in Solliden. He obviously has difficulties to stand the pressure from paps, who tend to exagerate.
I wish them the best!
Old 06-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Well, I've critizised a lot the inconsistency about Chris attending or not. But it was clear that he would not attend last night. He moved to the UK, so I expect him to be out of the picture in the future unless his attendance is announced.

Madeleine wants to be a princess so she will attend events alone, pregnant or not. Its her choice. I dont get why a husband has to be around her, just because she is pregnant? Obviously she is well enough to attend, no need for somebody to hold her hand for the sake of it.
I agree 100%. A pregnant woman does not require her husband around her all the time. Many husbands are overseas while wife even delivers. She seems a big healthy girl. He has a very nice job. Madeleine knew exactly what her life was going to be like when she married Chris. A good marriage is always give and take. Chris is not insisting that Mattie is with him in UK constantly, but apparently he must be for many good reasons. Just setting up his business in another country permanently is a huge undertaking. Hiring proper staff alone stressful.

I don't believe that there is any great problem with their marriage. It is all just other people that demand their critique of someone else's time. I am getting the strong feeling that many selfish people really want this new marriage to fail. The media most of all. I thought Spain was bad, now I am revising my opinion.

Mattie does not give me the feelings that I should ever feel sorry for her. She can always run back to the palace if her husband has to work late or is involved in a complicated business deal. Not that long via air. Life is not the same for everyone. They are working out theirs together. And if done right and together, it could be a brilliant union. Hope so.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
OMG..who cares why Chris was absent?! It's his and Madeleine's business and no one else's. And Madeleine looked perfectly content to me.

Why doesn't the press just back off and leave this man the heck alone??
I agree! I really can't see what is the big deal! Chris isn't there. So what! This is a non-discussion.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah I really cannot understand what the big deal is. Not exactly uncommon in this day and age for a pregnant woman to attend events without their husbands.

LaRae
Old 06-08-2015, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yeah I really cannot understand what the big deal is. Not exactly uncommon in this day and age for a pregnant woman to attend events without their husbands.

LaRae

Not to mention the fact that maybe he had to choose which big event to miss in order to have things in the UK at least firmly on stable footing before the birth of their child. Now just which event his absence at would create more fuss over? Missing out on attending Sweden's National Day Celebrations or not attending his Brother in Law's Wedding?

Then again, all of that is plain common sense thinking. Something that is sadly disappearing in this World of ours..

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Not to mention the fact that maybe he had to choose which big event to miss in order to have things in the UK at least firmly on stable footing before the birth of their child. Now just which event his absence at would create more fuss over? Missing out on attending Sweden's National Day Celebrations or not attending his Brother in Law's Wedding?

Then again, all of that is plain common sense thinking. Something that is sadly disappearing in this World of ours..

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah cause like most of us he works a 'regular' type of job ...you can't just come and go as you please and if you own a business you really have even less freedom in some ways. Lots more things to keep watch over.

Common sense is not PC nowdays.

LaRae
Old 06-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine and Chris: Media Negativity and Public Opinion

He's an uber privileged investment banker, let's not go making him a Man Of The People.

I don't know if this is a symptom that something is wrong with them privately, but I do think they need to get it together on messaging and PR, especially if they intend to again take a royal title for their next child who will be born soon.

Missing royal family events is well and good if they intend to live privately, but if they want to raise their children as Swedish princesses/princes then probably they should get it together and have him there for any occasion when the whole family appears together.

Madeleine could do other engagements by herself, but it's bad optics not to have him there when the rest of the family is present in a public capacity- especially if they intend to have another child christened as a Prince/princess in a few months. The mixed messaging is what opens them up to criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-08-2015, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Just because he's rich doesn't mean he doesn't work hard...and I have gotten the impression he is not a trust fund baby...he has to work.

I don't know why anyone would think there is anything wrong with them privately. He's not a royal, he didn't take the titles, he doesn't have to attend all the events. He's not paid by the SRF from what I understand.

There's no reason why it should look bad because she's there sans husband....Sweden is supposed to be a progressive country, feminism and everything equal etc etc. Seems rather contrary for them to then turn around and think something of it because she's not got her husband with her while she's at these events.

LaRae
Old 06-08-2015, 02:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Just because he's rich doesn't mean he doesn't work hard...and I have gotten the impression he is not a trust fund baby...he has to work.

I don't know why anyone would think there is anything wrong with them privately. He's not a royal, he didn't take the titles, he doesn't have to attend all the events. He's not paid by the SRF from what I understand.

There's no reason why it should look bad because she's there sans husband....Sweden is supposed to be a progressive country, feminism and everything equal etc etc. Seems rather contrary for them to then turn around and think something of it because she's not got her husband with her while she's at these events.

LaRae

Great post 💐

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-08-2015, 04:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
We don't know how rich he is in terms of substance. People finance a lot on loan and the papers said they they will move into a house in London that is owned by his mother.

I have no problem with Chris not appearing, as long as it stays that way and he doesnt turn up at some other nice event. They need consistency not going back and forth.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine