It's A Girl: HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden: February 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's A Girl - Leonore Lilian Maria; February 20, 2014

To bring some levity into the thread...

We now have two Swedish Princesses who have a Parure in the Family made up of Amethysts, their Shared Birthstone.

Can you imagine sometime in the Future?

Why can't I wear it for the Nobel Ceremony? It goes perfectly w/my Gown!!

Because I'm the Oldest and...

Oh, here we go again...I'm the Oldest, the Crown Princess of Sweden and therefore have more of a right to wear it than I do. That may be true, but you also just wore it two weeks ago for the Banquet held during the State Visit. Which means...

Which means nothing because...

Oh Yeah?

Yeah!!

MOMMY!!

:D

I've been recovering from Olympic Hangover (Loved the live coverage. The time difference, not so much...), so haven't been around to say this...

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris on the birth of their little Princess. She's adorable!! :)

Last edited:
WHY are they bringing the poor little baby outside today!!. Maybe to the doctors,?Well
So glad Madeliene had obviously a fairly easy time.

Most doctors recommend a month at least before a baby fly any distance really. The baby should be old enough to really suck a soother, because it is the best way for their ears not to be hurt by change in pressure. If you have to fly sooner, percautions like nursing during take off can help, but doctors would still suggest waiting unless necessary.

I'd think it would be even longer than that- airplanes aren't particularly good environments as far as germs go... I'd imagine they'd want to wait until the baby had received her first vaccines.

Why yes, I wanted a poll for the readers of the New York Daily News, and said so. They would have come up with Princess Tiffany or Madison (as in the jewelry store or the avenue) or something equally, well, incredible.
Why not just cut to the chase, go for gold and call her Princess Blingalotte!

WHY are they bringing the poor little baby outside today!!. Maybe to the doctors,? Well
And here was I thinking "Ah, Madeleine's Swedish upbringing means fresh air with a little snow, nice". The scandinavians have a healthy approach to winter and do not tend to hole up in the apartment with with the heating cranked up at the sight of the first dropped leaf of Autumn.

With the king's sisters it was not simply they were not in line for succession. Their titles had become courtesy titles by the time they had children. They had lost their HRH status and their actual title, when they married commoners. His one sister who married a prince, lost her HRH and became a HSH as her husband was a HSH. This happened even with males back then. This is why Bertil did not marry until after the king, as his brothers Sigvard and Carl Johan had lost their titles by marriage to commoners. If it wasn't for Charlotte of Luxembourg, they'd have had no title.

No, princess Birgitta didn't lose her HRH when she married Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern. She a is still a HRH and princess of Sweden and Hohenzollern.

Since the name and godparent thread is closed, I put this here:
Svensk Damtidning writes about the possible godparents:
Victoria or Carl Philip, Tatjana or Natascha, possibly Louise Gottlieb and because Madeleine and Chris socialize privately with prince Nikolaos and princess Tatiana, one of them could be a godparent.

More photos of the family out on Thursday
Familjen på utflykt med lilla prinsessan Nyheter Aftonbladet

It's a bit strange that there is no one representing the O'Neill family at Te Deum. It doesn't matter that they don't understand swedish but it is their family member who has become a swedish princess and the Te Deum in held in her honour.

Last edited:
WHY are they bringing the poor little baby outside today!!. Maybe to the doctors,?Well
So glad Madeliene had obviously a fairly easy time.

Swedish babies are taken outside no matter the weather. They are well protected by proper clothes and carriers or prams. No need for children or adults to hide inside because of the weather.

So, I would like to confirm that adorable little Leonore is a princess, or is she simply a Duchess? What is the official decision as I have heard both.

Thanks ;)

Is it a Manolo Blahnik bag that Chris's mom is carrying?
Not a very stylish brand for an older lady, or maybe she bought some shoes for Maddie

So, I would like to confirm that adorable little Leonore is a princess, or is she simply a Duchess? What is the official decision as I have heard both.

Thanks ;)

Her title is H.R.H Princess Leonore Princess of Sweden Duchess of Gotland

It's a bit strange that there is no one representing the O'Neill family at Te Deum. It doesn't matter that they don't understand swedish but it is their family member who has become a swedish princess and the Te Deum in held in her honour.

Does anybody seriously expect them to travel all the way to Sweden to attend a church service of 45 minutes, in a language that they do not understand, while they may not even have had the time to see the baby/ new parents in NY?

Does anybody seriously expect them to travel all the way to Sweden to attend a church service of 45 minutes, in a language that they do not understand, while they may not even have had the time to see the baby/ new parents in NY?

I find it strange that anyone of them isn't attending. Tatjana lives in London and Natascha in Austria and both are married with man from a noble family. Their niece is now a swedish princess. The trip to Sweden isn't a long one.

Maybe the travel isn't that long but it is still a hassle, esp. since they have their own families. I don't know what other plans they have in their agenda's.
And again why on earth would they bother? To go to a Te Deum in a language they don't understand, with people they do not know (well). It seems a bit much for a simple thanks giving service of not even an hour, esp. since Madeleine, Chris and the baby won't be around & they probably haven't visited them yet.
BTW I think many royal families would be grateful if the in-laws stayed on the background actually, so I don't see why this is a problem unless people want to make it one.

Last edited:
I find it strange that anyone of them isn't attending. Tatjana lives in London and Natascha in Austria and both are married with man from a noble family. Their niece is now a swedish princess. The trip to Sweden isn't a long one.

If they didn't attend the baby's Baptism I'd find it very strange, if they lived in Sweden I'm sure they would attend the Te Deum service if invited in the first place.

Madeleine, Chris, Leonore, and Chris's Mother were seen walking yesterday.

Erm.. no, I beg to difffer:)! A 'Te Deum' is celebrated in the honour of God. It's a service in which you give thanks for the birth of Princess Leonore. Leonore's birth is the cause of the service but she's not the object.
The O'Neills need not be present, they can go to their local churches and give thanks there should they want to!

viv

Does anyone else find that outfit that Chris' mother is wearing rather - well strange? I realize women are staying "younger" longer, but that really is a bit much.

Does anyone else find that outfit that Chris' mother is wearing rather - well strange? I realize women are staying "younger" longer, but that really is a bit much.

Yes, this outfit makes her look weird and funny.

Yes I agree with you about the whole outfit...that outfit really strikes the eye, even for a normal visit to the doctor where you suppose to be the most normal has we can...she could be a mucht more low profile but that is not her...:whistling:

Well, she can dress herself the way she wants. If she wants to wear this (hideous) coat she should. But indeed, she looks like a fun lady.
I think she is low profile, you can't blame her for visiting her grandchild. Neither is it her fault that there are paparazzi's around. Apart from that... she isn't even attending the Swedish royal Te Deum, so... :whistling:

I don't think we have seen all that much of her as some of us anticipated before the wedding. Many deducted that she would be like the cat who ate the canary, but she has been very much on the background.

Last edited:
No one is blaming her for visiting her grandchild I'am only issue my opinion on the kind of way she dresses and to me that is a mirror of the kind of women she is...

Principessa, thanks for answering Baron Brockdorf's question regarding the monogram as I was about to ask that myself. :)

You've a Leonor in Netherlands, daughter of Prince Constantin and Princess Laurentien and Eleonore in Belgium, daughter of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde !

If we include the non-reigning houses, we have an Archduchess Eleonore of Austria and in the older generation, an Eleonora, Princess of Leige (Brazil). Altogether, that comes to six royal Leonores including the Duchess of Gotland:

- Infanta Leonor of Spain
- Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau
- Princess Eleonore of Belgium
- Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland
- Archduchess Eleonore of Austria
- Eleonora, Princess of Leige

:previous: Thanks for the correction. :) I get confused between the Princely Title and the Royal Title that the former King Albert held before his accession to the Belgian Throne.

No one is blaming her for visiting her grandchild I'am only issue my opinion on the kind of way she dresses and to me that is a mirror of the kind of women she is...

Well I dress in a classic/conservative manner AND I am older than she is and I think she looks sharp. Nothing dull about this lady and I do not think she is dressed in "bad taste". I AM curious as to "the kind of woman she is" comment. It almost sounds like a moral judgment I am puzzled. :flowers:

Erm.. no, I beg to difffer:)! A 'Te Deum' is celebrated in the honour of God. It's a service in which you give thanks for the birth of Princess Leonore. Leonore's birth is the cause of the service but she's not the object.
The O'Neills need not be present, they can go to their local churches and give thanks there should they want to!

viv

Good point Viv.;) The phrase "Te Deum" literally means "thanks to God" and it is God who is the focus of the ceremony....not a person.

Yes I agree with you about the whole outfit...that outfit really strikes the eye, even for a normal visit to the doctor where you suppose to be the most normal has we can...she could be a mucht more low profile but that is not her...:whistling:
Wow, harsh. OK, I take issue with this creepy attitude. Are women supposed to hit 60 and start wearing the same type of clothes that women of that age wore in the 1950's? Doubly so when they become grandparents? BTW is there really a dress code for visiting the Doctor? If so, I obviously missed the Memo!
OK, so she totally flunked the dress code and doesn't dress like the Queen's grandmother at the same age, does that make her morally inferior, or infer there is something tacky about the woman herself.

I have to admit to not liking quite a few of her outfits . . . there are also quite a few of Queen Sylvia's that I also don't like. What is the difference between these two women? Both are wealthy but one is royal with a royal profile and one is a private person with the character to dress any way she wants because, at the end of the day, the only person that matters is herself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom