It's A Girl: HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden: February 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointed with the name Leonor. There's other Leonor/Leonore around and I think it's too much. You have to understand that in Brazil it's not a common name and even if it was used in the past, the young generations don't think to name the babies as Leonor. And I also think it doesn't sound that good in Portuguese.

Very disappointed with the name Leonor. There's other Leonor/Leonore around and I think it's too much. You have to understand that in Brazil it's not a common name and even if it was used in the past, the young generations don't think to name the babies as Leonor. And I also think it doesn't sound that good in Portuguese.

True. In my entire life, I met only one brazilian Leonor, and her father was a portuguese.

You know, we have a Princess Eleonora on our Imperial Family, she's married to the Prince of Ligne and lives in Belgium. I think she was named after one of her maternal aunts, from the Bavarian Royal Family.

I love the names, especially Leonore :) So beautiful.

Quite funny that they will have the press conference with the marshall of the realm AFTER the King has revealed the names and titles :-D

Leonore is very unexpected and a great name, i love it.
The princess is sooo cute.

Why on earth they release the photo of this baby with the king and the queen, since there hasn't been released a similar one of their first grandchild, the heir to the throne?

And the name: Leonore, not good. Maria, very nice. Lilian, I would have hoped Madeleine wouldn't have used it. I'm disappointed that the girl got a HRH and a duchy. Soon their will be about 10 royal HRH-babies at the swedish royal family.

From the cabinet meeting
http://media.shootitlive.com/5dpCyclq2XU0BXq9l2mP5T2ex1R/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1352
http://media.shootitlive.com/5bkwtPSWfZCBBY6BgrfFEHWD27c/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1352

I agree, Leonore, not a good choice. The photo with the queen and king (who looks as if he wanted to be someplace else), whats the point? No picture with the parents?
The biggest joke is the HRH, I guess it will backfire soon since CP is likely to be treated the same way, plus Madde & Chris should be prepared for the press following their HRH offspring everywhere they go.

So the girl got all possible titles. What do you think that means? Maybe Chris plans to resign from working in the future and become prince?

There have been Swedish queens with the name Eleonora. They went with the French Leonore.

The french form of the name is Eléonore :flowers:

She is an absolute cutie and I love her names but I think she shouldn't have gotten a "HRH". A "HH" would have sufficed

I think she looks like Chris and not Madeleine!

My mother told me once that newborn girls almost always look like their fathers because of a rush of male hormone right before birth. I was apparently the spitting image of my father right after I was born, but by the time I was a few months old I looked just like my mother... and I still do look just like her! :flowers: I always thought that her cousin Princess Estelle looked very much like Prince Daniel when she was a small infant, and now Estelle looks very much like her mother. Things can change over time.

Also, I'm a bit confused about her title. If she has the HRH, does that mean that she has to be raised in Sweden? I thought that Chris and Madeleine were planning on living in New York?

I'm a little surprised that they gave her the HRH and the duchy. I've noticed that many royal families are trying to downsize (look at Norway, for instance).

Also, I'm a bit confused about her title. If she has the HRH, does that mean that she has to be raised in Sweden? I thought that Chris and Madeleine were planning on living in New York?

I'm a little surprised that they gave her the HRH and the duchy. I've noticed that many royal families are trying to downsize (look at Norway, for instance).

The Marshall of the realm Mr Svante Lindqvist just said at the press conference that it has been decided that Princess Leonore will be raised in Sweden from the age of 6 and she will have all her education in Sweden so apparently they have plans to move to Sweden

My mother told me once that newborn girls almost always look like their fathers because of a rush of male hormone right before birth. I was apparently the spitting image of my father right after I was born, but by the time I was a few months old I looked just like my mother... and I still do look just like her! :flowers: I always thought that her cousin Princess Estelle looked very much like Prince Daniel when she was a small infant, and now Estelle looks very much like her mother. Things can change over time.
Yes it's very true! I haven't seen pics of Madeleine as a baby so I can't judge:flowers:

They said that she will be baptized at the start of the summer at this church: Storkyrkan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Expressen they plan to move Sweden when the little one starts school? Is that true?

It's required for Leo to live in Sweden and go to school, the announcer said 6 years in Sweden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Off-topic, but the explanation I've heard is that an infant tends to look more like the father in the beginning so that the father will be more likely to recognize the child as his and take care of it.

She's such a beautiful baby! Quite perfect! Congrats to the parents!!

According to Expressen they plan to move Sweden when the little one starts school? Is that true?

Yes that's true

The Marshall of the realm Mr Svante Lindqvist just said at the press conference that it has been decided that Princess Leonore will be raised in Sweden from the age of 6 and she will have all her education in Sweden so apparently they have plans to move to Sweden

I'm neutral on the name; I think it's better than Estelle, but that's about all I can say for it.

Aaaaahhhhh, what a wonderful sound with these names. Really, really beautiful!. I am sooo happy, that Lilian has been honored....
And (i have to admit), I am happy that it was not Alice, as this name sounds quite harsh.....
So in total I am superhappy about this great choice! :flowers::flowers::flowers:
BYe Bine

I agree, Leonore, not a good choice. The photo with the queen and king (who looks as if he wanted to be someplace else), whats the point? No picture with the parents?
The biggest joke is the HRH, I guess it will backfire soon since CP is likely to be treated the same way, plus Madde & Chris should be prepared for the press following their HRH offspring everywhere they go.
I completely agree with you DOM. Princess Christiana and The Princess Royal's examples would have served Madeleine and Chris well. And the HRH and the duchy is quite too much. Bad call. Leonore is a nice name but there are already several floating around and it's not very Swedish or American. But then again I had a feeling that they would pick something different.

What is with the thing that they are trying to keep this child in the order of succession? This girl will not be Queen, Victoria will probably have more children and Carl-Phillip as well when he gets married, seriously, even Chris didn't want any title, I don't get it.

AND HRH??? seriously? I can pass a duchy or even the title of princess, but HRH? HH would be enough, that way she will have the same title as Estelle and their positions are so diferent. Soon they will be like Jordan and have thousands and thousands of Princes and Princesses. Absurd.

Leonore, another disappoinment. Lilian Maria, I quite like them. I like better Leonor than Leonore, but it's boring and so used already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom