It's A Girl: HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden: February 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Chris did a wonderfull job there - all smiles and kind words. I just didn't like he refers to his wife as 'princess Madeleine' but that's protocol I guess.

Very sweet picture on facebook with the footprint. I assume this was taken last night, since he is wearing a different shirt.

Did anyone get the question when he said "we both did"? Was the question if he cried?

I think that most people find it understandable and actually nice if a proud father is so exited that can not stop talking about his newborn child. Very few will blame them for talking too much.

The comparison with Pss Estelle doesn't really work. Estelle will one day be Queen of Sweden, this girl most likely will not. Also, the Swedish press will have little trouble to go to the Karolinska hospital in Stockholm, but may need more time to travel to New York.

Aftonbladet and Expressen have reporters in New York, their reporters were outside the hospital right after the news of the birth had been told out.

Gallery
Search - Getty Images FI princess madeleine, NY H.R.H. Princess Madeleine Of Sweden And Husband Christopher O'Neill Welcome A Baby Girl

Not only do Estelle and this baby have almost the same birthdays, but if you factor in Swedish local time as time of birth - they were born virtually the same time of day.

:cool:

Tbh, if Chris hadnt talked much, people would have found him rude. It's cute the way he was proud and it was a warm and adorable conference.

There is no coverage here. Why would there be anything other than a paragraph in, perhaps, the NY papers or maybe Yahoo news or something like that. Not many Americans know or care about royals other than the British. That's why I come to this site.

Also, there have been many princesses born in NY over the years. Many of the children/grandchildren of royals who have been thrown out of their countries live and work in NY. We don't hear about them either, except in the gossip pages of the NY tabloids or Vogue, etc.

But this princess is special. She has an american father and the mother is from a reigning monarchy. So I thought that maybe there would be more interest.

Chris had many hours to get ready for the press conference, there had gone over 13 hours after the girl was born. Daniel held the conference 2,5 hours after Estelle was born. Chris looked quite untidy and spoke too much for a person who "respectfully requested to remain a private citizen".

As much as I love your very informative posts LadyFinn, but I really don't understand your repeating comparisons between Madeleine/Christopher and Victoria/Daniel over and over again.

After this truly emotional press conference, all you have to say is, that Christopher looked untidy also he had much more time to prepare himself than Daniel? Well, Christopher is not a Prince and he's not the husband of the future queen of Sweden. He's a normal man, who just became father. for him there are much more important things than to look smart and tidy and to do it much better than Daniel.

Sorry, sweetheart, I use the word native correctly. And I stand by what I said. :D I suggest a remedial viewing of the definition if you wish to challenge me. Not to do the chic at brunch United States political correctness superseding proper use of definitions of words. I was born in the year 1975 on the soil of this country. I am a Native American. :) :flowers:

Acutally to clarify there is a difference--a Native American is someone whi is a member of any of the first groups of people living in North America or South America;

A native American is someone born in the US. So yes, you were incorrect when you capitalized the word native.

Now when there are so many days before the cabinet meeting, the press can speculate about almost everything with every possible expert they can dig out.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh for Madeleine and Chris. But I believe that when you have privileges, you also have responsibilities. And at the moment it feels like Madeleine and Chris want to have the cake and eat it. I'm hoping that in the future Madeleine will increase her attendance in royal duties a lot.

Last edited:
Can someone please provide a link to a video for the press conference:flowers:

Congrats to the royal couple on such an amazing event. There is no greater blessing than a healthy, happy child :)

Sounds like a very happy and proud father and it's good to know that the mother and baby are doing very well.

Thanks for the video link. Chris did a great job and certainly seems over the moon. He also looked tired which is understandable as I doubt he has had any sleep since the birth at least. He may not even have left the hospital. So I would certainly give him a pass on not looking formal. He looked just like he should--a proud pop who couldn't wait to get back to his girls.

Thank you:flowers:

Nothing is quite like a proud father. Chris would talk about that baby girl for the whole day if you allowed him to. He is clearly happy and proud, it's nice seeing him like this.

He looks tired because he has a newborn baby, most likely did most of the work while mother rested. When I did my clinicals in obstetrics, we would let the fathers watch over the baby while mother got some much deserved rest. Even William said the midwives wanted him to do the nappy while Catherine rested. It's only fair, mother pushes, father does first night with baby:whistling:

Maybe I missed: is it already known what is the name of the new princess?

So due to the time difference; in Sweden, it would have been the 21st February.

No we don´t know, but Chris said that they already know....

Thank you. Then I look forward to the public (or TRF ;)) announcement! May God grant the new princess a long and happy life!

Chris was excited and happy nothing wrong with that just like all new fathers. He probably hasn't left his wife or daughters side all night how he was dressed was probably the farthest thing from his mind as it should have been.

About the guessing of the name:
On TV4 their royal experts Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg (the former Marshal of the court) and Claes Larsson wrote 4 names on a paper and put them to closed envelopes with the morning show hosts. The envelopes will be opened after the names are told.
Later on the day they were interviewed on TV4. ETW told that she wrote "Alice" to the paper and Larsson told that he wrote "Alice" and "Victoria".

I have also heard the name will be revealed tomorrow? Can anyone confirm this?

Excellent news! I thought the little one would be late, but here she is!
Congrats to the SRF on it's newest little princess!:ROFLMAO:

Chris looks exhausted and ecstatic, and I bet Madeleine feels the same.

Last edited:
I have also heard the name will be revealed tomorrow? Can anyone confirm this?
I doubt that. As far as I know the King is in NY right now and I doubt there will be a gathering on Saturday...

Swedish media today reported it the following way:
TV had it as second spot during the morning, after the troubles in Ukraine. Later in the day it was relegated to the last spot
Biggest tabloids Aftonbladet and Expressen had it as top news right up until our skicross athlete in the olympic struck bronze. Then it was lower.

What people discussed at work today? How many medals we could take in the olympics in the coming days

I doubt that. As far as I know the King is in NY right now and I doubt there will be a gathering on Saturday...

There's always Skype or use Go to Meeting... I don't think I can take waiting till Monday to hear the name.... :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom