It's A Girl: HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden: February 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting issue.
"A person born in the United States to a foreign diplomatic officer accredited to the United States is not subject to the jurisdiction of United States law. Therefore, that person cannot be considered a U.S. citizen at birth under the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution. This person may, however, be considered a permanent resident at birth and able to receive a green card through creation of record."
Green Card for a Person Born in the United States to a Foreign Diplomat | USCIS

Yes, but all of this is superseded by the fact that she was born to an American citizen, her father. It's moot. :flowers:

The congratulations from the family (the king and queen, Victoria and Daniel and Carl Philip, Eva O'Neill and Chris' sisters Tatjana d'Abo and Natasha von Abensperg und Traun)
Lyckönskningar - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

What a pity that only Chris maternal half-sisters had given a statement and not all his half-sisters. But I think that also his paternal half-sisters are over the moon with this news.

CONGRATULATIONS to Madeleine, Chris, and their entire family on the birth of the new baby!

Very nice that a Swedish princess has given birth to a princess right here in America.

Aww Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris!

Congratulations to Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill and the newest lil' princess!

Beautiful news! Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris and their family! I'm looking forward to see the little Princess and to know her name.
flowers.gif

Congratulations to the new parents, grandparents, auties, uncle and cousins of the little girl!
I'm not a Royal expert, but the gun salutes means that the girl will be a princess? It seems strange that they will do this and not give a title for the little one.

Congratulations!

I had a feeling that something happened yesterday because they named a date for the Te Deum. I'm glad that mommy and baby are okay and am very excited to learn about the name. I think they'll surprise us. And I also don't think that Victoria will be a godmother. I'm more sure about Carl Philip being godfather because he and Madeleine have been closer to each other growing up than Madeleine and Victoria.

A denial in the way by the house of Madeleine's Kingdom of citizenship of the native american or swedish heir is something I don't understand. As I am smiling while I type I am yet to finding the explanation of the mention not of the name of hers who is given birthing but of the inclusion/exclusion of status of rights of the truth in similar portrayal of naturalization, swedish or american.

First of all, directly and foremost I want nothing more than to send my unfaltering and ever enduring admiration for one of earth's most coronated and unforgettable mirror image of mystical or majestical windows upon the eyes of all we call. Yes my friends she is Princess and manifest landing of reigning from her beautiful nation and timeless history and wonderful soul.

I'm happy now and hope her road and marriage and more children swirling formless and apparent with honor solidify the passage of ages. The wait is over for us all except maybe waiting for her name and maybe some wine. Cheers.

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris! :flowers: What lovely news to wake up to. I'm looking forward into finding out the little one's name, and it will be interesting to see what title she gets.

I wonder if any of the European Royals will send congratulatory messages, but I'm guessing it will "just" be the Swedish Royals and possibly Madeleine and or Chris's friends, since the baby isn't in the immediate (not sure if this is the correct word to use) line of succession.

It doesnt get into my head why they would publicly confirm their incompetence. 'we don't know this yet we don't know that yet', why don't they just keep their mouth shut and say something when they actually know.
And yes, Madeleine did not give birth out of the blue, so they should know by now about the citizenship, line of succession etc.

:lol:

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris :swedenflag::princess3:
yay-smiley-1.gif

To the US-Users here: How is the media coverage about the birth in the US? It isn't every day that a real princess is born in the US so I'm sure it will be a media interest in some way. I'm curious if it's just a side note or if it's headline news. Or maybe it's just something in between? :confused:

Fabulous

Absolutely fabulous news for Princess Madeleine and their families and of course the newborn baby girl! Congratulations to everyone!:ROFLMAO::angel::wub::clap::princess3::champagne::rainbow::star::unicorn::heart2::twohearts::heart1::heartflower::fireworks:

To the US-Users here: How is the media coverage about the birth in the US? It isn't every day that a real princess is born in the US so I'm sure it will be a media interest in some way. I'm curious if it's just a side note or if it's headline news. Or maybe it's just something in between? :confused:

I have not seen anything on the CNN or ABC news websites, nor on local news websites. I expect to see something on CNN by the end of the day, but nothing so far.

Congratulations to new parents!! I'm so happy :)

Hoping for little Priness Lillian Bernadotte-O'Neil :)

:fireworks:

Congratulations for Madeleine and Chris!!!! But remember everyone, the new baby is not a princess. :)

Not sure if the baby is a Native American (I use the word native in its CORRECT definition form, having been born on the soil of the United States) because Chris was born in London and his father was born in the United States.

Anyways, they are in love, happy, and have new baby to bring them even more joy! God bless the little girl to have a long, happy, and healthy life!

About the little girl's citizenship:

A similar situation happened to the Imperial Family of Brazil during the first half of the 20th century. Possible heirs to the Throne born on foreign soil.

After the proclamation of the Brazilian Republic, the Imperial Family was exiled and went to live in France. But the Imperial Constitution of 1824 stipulated that heirs to the Brazilian Throne must have Brazilian citizenship. So, every member of the Imperial Family who was born in France was registred as a Brazilian citizen at the Brazilian General Consulate in Paris.

More recently (1984), Princess Amélia of Brazil was born in Belgium and registred at the Brazilian General Consulate at Brussels. The same goes for the two children of The Princess of Ligne (neé Princess Eleonora of Brazil), they were born in Belgium but have dual-citizenship (Belgian and Brazilian).

So, I suppose Sweden has a Consulate General in New York and Princess Madeleine can register her daughter there, as a Swedish citizen.

Just my opinion.

I think we should wait and see what will happen in the coming days with regard to citizenship and titles.

Congratulations for Madeleine and Chris!!!! But remember everyone, the new baby is not a princess. :)

Not sure if the baby is a Native American (I use the word native in its CORRECT definition form, having been born on the soil of the United States) because Chris was born in London and his father was born in the United States.

Anyways, they are in love, happy, and have new baby to bring them even more joy! God bless the little girl to have a long, happy, and healthy life!

I thought it was determined prior to her birth, the wee one would be a princess.

As she was born on US soil, I believe the US government will recognize her as a US citizen.

While you may be using the term "Native American" correctly, those whose genealogical lines date back to before the landing of the pilgrims, may find your use of NA offensive.

As she was born on US soil, I believe the US government will recognize her as a US citizen.

While you may be using the term "Native American" correctly, those whose genealogical lines date back to before the landing of the pilgrims, may find your use of NA offensive.

Sorry, sweetheart, I use the word native correctly. And I stand by what I said. :D I suggest a remedial viewing of the definition if you wish to challenge me. Not to do the chic at brunch United States political correctness superseding proper use of definitions of words. I was born in the year 1975 on the soil of this country. I am a Native American. :) :flowers:

Yes, but all of this is superseded by the fact that she was born to an American citizen, her father. It's moot. :flowers:

In the hospital system that I work with, the mother is the determining person as she is the one who physically gives birth. This was changed from the father because at the birth is that the mother is a physical particiapant. The father participated in the past. The father may or not be the father until a gentic test proves it. This is not to say there is anything going on, just keeps things to the facts. Keeps hospitals out of any famiy disputes also. :)

It will be very interesting to see how this is handled in the US with a diplomatic mother and citizen father.

Sorry, sweetheart, I use the word native correctly. And I stand by what I said. :D I suggest a remedial viewing of the definition if you wish to challenge me. Not to do the chic at brunch United States political correctness superseding proper use of definitions of words. I was born in the year 1975 on the soil of this country. I am a Native American. :) :flowers:

Don't ever call me sweetheart again.

I am older than you, perhaps you should respect your elders.

she will be both American and swedish, that is my opinion----she was born in America, but her family and heritage is in sweden, so she will always be half swedish

I thought it was determined prior to her birth, the wee one would be a princess.

Use of the capital N in Native American indicates a reference to American Indians. A lower case n in native American indicates a person who was American from birth, whether on American soil of any parentage or elsewhere of American parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom