The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 03:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

It's a bit strange that there is no one representing the O'Neill family at Te Deum. It doesn't matter that they don't understand swedish but it is their family member who has become a swedish princess and the Te Deum in held in her honour.
Does anybody seriously expect them to travel all the way to Sweden to attend a church service of 45 minutes, in a language that they do not understand, while they may not even have had the time to see the baby/ new parents in NY?

Old 02-28-2014, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Does anybody seriously expect them to travel all the way to Sweden to attend a church service of 45 minutes, in a language that they do not understand, while they may not even have had the time to see the baby/ new parents in NY?
I find it strange that anyone of them isn't attending. Tatjana lives in London and Natascha in Austria and both are married with man from a noble family. Their niece is now a swedish princess. The trip to Sweden isn't a long one.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Maybe the travel isn't that long but it is still a hassle, esp. since they have their own families. I don't know what other plans they have in their agenda's.
And again why on earth would they bother? To go to a Te Deum in a language they don't understand, with people they do not know (well). It seems a bit much for a simple thanks giving service of not even an hour, esp. since Madeleine, Chris and the baby won't be around & they probably haven't visited them yet.
BTW I think many royal families would be grateful if the in-laws stayed on the background actually, so I don't see why this is a problem unless people want to make it one.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I find it strange that anyone of them isn't attending. Tatjana lives in London and Natascha in Austria and both are married with man from a noble family. Their niece is now a swedish princess. The trip to Sweden isn't a long one.
If they didn't attend the baby's Baptism I'd find it very strange, if they lived in Sweden I'm sure they would attend the Te Deum service if invited in the first place.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Madeleine, Chris, Leonore, and Chris's Mother were seen walking yesterday.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Madeleine, Chris, Leonore, and Chris's Mother were seen walking yesterday.
Yes, there are lots of photos of that in the thread.
According to Svensk Damtidning's sources Sofia Hellqvist will attend at Te Deum.
Chris familj kommer inte till Te Deum – men det finns andra som kommer | Svensk Damtidning
Old 02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Madeleine, in the first revision of its small Leonore
La princesa Magdalena, en la primera revisión de su pequeña Leonore

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...ico%2F&act=url

Quote:
Madeleine and Chris out of Manhattan with grandma and baby
http://svenskdam.se/2014/02/madelein...rmor-och-baby/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...aby%2F&act=url
Old 02-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It's a bit strange that there is no one representing the O'Neill family at Te Deum. It doesn't matter that they don't understand swedish but it is their family member who has become a swedish princess and the Te Deum in held in her honour.
Erm.. no, I beg to difffer! A 'Te Deum' is celebrated in the honour of God. It's a service in which you give thanks for the birth of Princess Leonore. Leonore's birth is the cause of the service but she's not the object.
The O'Neills need not be present, they can go to their local churches and give thanks there should they want to!

viv
Old 02-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Does anyone else find that outfit that Chris' mother is wearing rather - well strange? I realize women are staying "younger" longer, but that really is a bit much.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Does anyone else find that outfit that Chris' mother is wearing rather - well strange? I realize women are staying "younger" longer, but that really is a bit much.
Yes, this outfit makes her look weird and funny.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes I agree with you about the whole outfit...that outfit really strikes the eye, even for a normal visit to the doctor where you suppose to be the most normal has we can...she could be a mucht more low profile but that is not her...
Old 02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Well, she can dress herself the way she wants. If she wants to wear this (hideous) coat she should. But indeed, she looks like a fun lady.
I think she is low profile, you can't blame her for visiting her grandchild. Neither is it her fault that there are paparazzi's around. Apart from that... she isn't even attending the Swedish royal Te Deum, so...

I don't think we have seen all that much of her as some of us anticipated before the wedding. Many deducted that she would be like the cat who ate the canary, but she has been very much on the background.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

No one is blaming her for visiting her grandchild I'am only issue my opinion on the kind of way she dresses and to me that is a mirror of the kind of women she is...
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Principessa, thanks for answering Baron Brockdorf's question regarding the monogram as I was about to ask that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
You've a Leonor in Netherlands, daughter of Prince Constantin and Princess Laurentien and Eleonore in Belgium, daughter of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde !
If we include the non-reigning houses, we have an Archduchess Eleonore of Austria and in the older generation, an Eleonora, Princess of Leige (Brazil). Altogether, that comes to six royal Leonores including the Duchess of Gotland:

- Infanta Leonor of Spain
- Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau
- Princess Eleonore of Belgium
- Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland
- Archduchess Eleonore of Austria
- Eleonora, Princess of Leige
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
- Eleonora, Princess of Leige
She's The Princess of Ligne, Hereditary Princess.

And a Princess of Brazil and of Orleans-Braganza by birth.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the correction. I get confused between the Princely Title and the Royal Title that the former King Albert held before his accession to the Belgian Throne.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
No one is blaming her for visiting her grandchild I'am only issue my opinion on the kind of way she dresses and to me that is a mirror of the kind of women she is...
Well I dress in a classic/conservative manner AND I am older than she is and I think she looks sharp. Nothing dull about this lady and I do not think she is dressed in "bad taste". I AM curious as to "the kind of woman she is" comment. It almost sounds like a moral judgment I am puzzled.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Gentry

I agree with Princess of Durham. Well said!

The Duke
Old 02-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Erm.. no, I beg to difffer! A 'Te Deum' is celebrated in the honour of God. It's a service in which you give thanks for the birth of Princess Leonore. Leonore's birth is the cause of the service but she's not the object.
The O'Neills need not be present, they can go to their local churches and give thanks there should they want to!

viv

Good point Viv. The phrase "Te Deum" literally means "thanks to God" and it is God who is the focus of the ceremony....not a person.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I agree with you about the whole outfit...that outfit really strikes the eye, even for a normal visit to the doctor where you suppose to be the most normal has we can...she could be a mucht more low profile but that is not her...
Wow, harsh. OK, I take issue with this creepy attitude. Are women supposed to hit 60 and start wearing the same type of clothes that women of that age wore in the 1950's? Doubly so when they become grandparents? BTW is there really a dress code for visiting the Doctor? If so, I obviously missed the Memo!
Quote:
OK, so she totally flunked the dress code and doesn't dress like the Queen's grandmother at the same age, does that make her morally inferior, or infer there is something tacky about the woman herself.

I have to admit to not liking quite a few of her outfits . . . there are also quite a few of Queen Sylvia's that I also don't like. What is the difference between these two women? Both are wealthy but one is royal with a royal profile and one is a private person with the character to dress any way she wants because, at the end of the day, the only person that matters is herself!

Tags
birth, chris o'neill, princess madeleine