The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

leonore is a very cute baby, i think she looks like madeleine instead of chris. i also think they chose really nice names. i loved infanta leonor's name when i heard it and it seems madeleine also did!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Sunday 2 March 2014 at 14:00, a Te Deum thanksgiving service will be held in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace of Stockholm in connection with the birth of H.R.H. Princess Leonore.
There will only be a limited photo pool at the beginning of the thanksgiving service.
The invited guests are the immediate family, representatives of the Riksdag, the Government and official Sweden, and the staff of the Royal Court. Princess Madeleine, Mr Christopher O'Neill, Princess Leonore and Mr Christopher O'Neill's family will be unable to attend the Te Deum thanksgiving service.
Te Deum thanksgiving service, 2 March 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 02-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBG91 View Post
The Swedish Royal Family have equal inheritance since 1980! That means that Princess Madeleine has as much right to pass on her titels as for example Prince Carl Philip has! That Chris has no title is irrelevant in this question!

Why the Kings sisters could not pass on their titles was because they had no right to inherit the throne to begin with. They have never been in the line of succession.
Princess Madeleine on the other hand, has been in the line of succession from the day she was born and has every right to inherit the throne, and the same applies for her daughter!

Princess Leonore is the grandchild of a King, of course she should be a Princess! (and their is no way she could have been titled HH, since the HH title doesn't exict in Sweden, only HRH)
With the king's sisters it was not simply they were not in line for succession. Their titles had become courtesy titles by the time they had children. They had lost their HRH status and their actual title, when they married commoners. His one sister who married a prince, lost her HRH and became a HSH as her husband was a HSH. This happened even with males back then. This is why Bertil did not marry until after the king, as his brothers Sigvard and Carl Johan had lost their titles by marriage to commoners. If it wasn't for Charlotte of Luxembourg, they'd have had no title.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gala.de has a report about the astrological destiny of Princess Leonore:

Prinzessin Leonore: Ein Blick auf ihre Sterne | GALA.DE
https://translate.google.de/translat...09_989857.html

Although I never believe in astrology it was a big fun to read it.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On Sunday 2 March 2014 at 14:00, a Te Deum thanksgiving service will be held in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace of Stockholm in connection with the birth of H.R.H. Princess Leonore.

There will only be a limited photo pool at the beginning of the thanksgiving service.

The invited guests are the immediate family, representatives of the Riksdag, the Government and official Sweden, and the staff of the Royal Court. Princess Madeleine, Mr Christopher O'Neill, Princess Leonore and Mr Christopher O'Neill's family will be unable to attend the Te Deum thanksgiving service.

Te Deum thanksgiving service, 2 March 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

It makes sense that Madeleine and Chris and Leonore won't be coming. Madeleine most likely is not feeling prepared to travel and bringing Leonore out expose we to many different things and may overwhelm her. Chris wouldn't want to leave his family- especially if he has not master the language yet. I would have been very very surprised if they were in attendance. Chris's family does not understand Swedish so it is understandable that they do not attend either.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Madeleine, Chirs, Eva and Leonore were seen in New york
Prinsessan Leonores debut på Manhattan | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Cute <3 Do you know when they were taken?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Cute <3 Do you know when they were taken?
apparently today
Old 02-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
It makes sense that Madeleine and Chris and Leonore won't be coming. Madeleine most likely is not feeling prepared to travel and bringing Leonore out expose we to many different things and may overwhelm her. Chris wouldn't want to leave his family- especially if he has not master the language yet. I would have been very very surprised if they were in attendance. Chris's family does not understand Swedish so it is understandable that they do not attend either.
Can see why they are not going for sure. It is not a good idea to fly with an infant this young especially that long of a distance. It isn't even recommended that new mothers fly this soon either. Top that off with yet another major storm bearing down on the Northeast of the US this weekend--good chance for Chris to get stuck trying to get home. No reason for his family to attend if he or Madeleine were not.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Most doctors recommend a month at least before a baby fly any distance really. The baby should be old enough to really suck a soother, because it is the best way for their ears not to be hurt by change in pressure. If you have to fly sooner, percautions like nursing during take off can help, but doctors would still suggest waiting unless necessary.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

It's A Girl - Leonore Lilian Maria; February 20, 2014

To bring some levity into the thread...

We now have two Swedish Princesses who have a Parure in the Family made up of Amethysts, their Shared Birthstone.

Can you imagine sometime in the Future?

Why can't I wear it for the Nobel Ceremony? It goes perfectly w/my Gown!!

Because I'm the Oldest and...

Oh, here we go again...I'm the Oldest, the Crown Princess of Sweden and therefore have more of a right to wear it than I do. That may be true, but you also just wore it two weeks ago for the Banquet held during the State Visit. Which means...

Which means nothing because...

Oh Yeah?

Yeah!!

MOMMY!!

I've been recovering from Olympic Hangover (Loved the live coverage. The time difference, not so much...), so haven't been around to say this...

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris on the birth of their little Princess. She's adorable!! :)
Old 02-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

WHY are they bringing the poor little baby outside today!!. Maybe to the doctors,?Well
So glad Madeliene had obviously a fairly easy time.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Most doctors recommend a month at least before a baby fly any distance really. The baby should be old enough to really suck a soother, because it is the best way for their ears not to be hurt by change in pressure. If you have to fly sooner, percautions like nursing during take off can help, but doctors would still suggest waiting unless necessary.
I'd think it would be even longer than that- airplanes aren't particularly good environments as far as germs go... I'd imagine they'd want to wait until the baby had received her first vaccines.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Why yes, I wanted a poll for the readers of the New York Daily News, and said so. They would have come up with Princess Tiffany or Madison (as in the jewelry store or the avenue) or something equally, well, incredible.
Why not just cut to the chase, go for gold and call her Princess Blingalotte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
WHY are they bringing the poor little baby outside today!!. Maybe to the doctors,? Well
And here was I thinking "Ah, Madeleine's Swedish upbringing means fresh air with a little snow, nice". The scandinavians have a healthy approach to winter and do not tend to hole up in the apartment with with the heating cranked up at the sight of the first dropped leaf of Autumn.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
With the king's sisters it was not simply they were not in line for succession. Their titles had become courtesy titles by the time they had children. They had lost their HRH status and their actual title, when they married commoners. His one sister who married a prince, lost her HRH and became a HSH as her husband was a HSH. This happened even with males back then. This is why Bertil did not marry until after the king, as his brothers Sigvard and Carl Johan had lost their titles by marriage to commoners. If it wasn't for Charlotte of Luxembourg, they'd have had no title.
No, princess Birgitta didn't lose her HRH when she married Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern. She a is still a HRH and princess of Sweden and Hohenzollern.

Since the name and godparent thread is closed, I put this here:
Svensk Damtidning writes about the possible godparents:
Victoria or Carl Philip, Tatjana or Natascha, possibly Louise Gottlieb and because Madeleine and Chris socialize privately with prince Nikolaos and princess Tatiana, one of them could be a godparent.

More photos of the family out on Thursday
Familjen på utflykt med lilla prinsessan Nyheter Aftonbladet

It's a bit strange that there is no one representing the O'Neill family at Te Deum. It doesn't matter that they don't understand swedish but it is their family member who has become a swedish princess and the Te Deum in held in her honour.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
WHY are they bringing the poor little baby outside today!!. Maybe to the doctors,?Well
So glad Madeliene had obviously a fairly easy time.
Swedish babies are taken outside no matter the weather. They are well protected by proper clothes and carriers or prams. No need for children or adults to hide inside because of the weather.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

So, I would like to confirm that adorable little Leonore is a princess, or is she simply a Duchess? What is the official decision as I have heard both.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 AM
Gentry

Is it a Manolo Blahnik bag that Chris's mom is carrying?
Not a very stylish brand for an older lady, or maybe she bought some shoes for Maddie
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos from Thursday
Madde ja vauva bongattiin Nykissä, Chris näytti uupuneelta - katso kuvat! Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi
Old 02-28-2014, 01:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
So, I would like to confirm that adorable little Leonore is a princess, or is she simply a Duchess? What is the official decision as I have heard both.

Thanks
Her title is H.R.H Princess Leonore Princess of Sweden Duchess of Gotland

Tags
birth, chris o'neill, princess madeleine