The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that she will receive the Order of the Serafim at her christening or like her father the Order of the Northern Star?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Not my favorite name choice, but I haven't liked many of the names attached to the royal children (from any country) in recent years. At least she's not a Savannah or an Isla...
those 2 children aren't royal and Isla is a beautiful traditional Scottish name.

I cant believe how some posters are so nasty about the names. Sure, you dont have to like them but have some respect as the parents obviously do.

These are names that will (as one poster mentioned - EDIT Valerie Rose) be suitable and appropriate all her life. I really like them. As for the titles, it seems to me that this is a belt and braces approach. Give her the titles in case she needs to be "actively" in the line of succession some time in the future. I think the King would be cautious in this regard.

EDIT: apparently Leonore is boring - I remember posters saying Estelle was too different!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hello

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill name baby - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Do you think that she will receive the Order of the Serafim at her christening or like her father the Order of the Northern Star?
She will get the Order of the Seraphim, because she is a member of the Royal Family. Estelle got it in the christening, so probably Leonore gets too.
The Order of the Seraphim - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

That is one beautiful baby!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Baby Leonore is very cute!

I also like they included Lilyan as a middle name.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the name Leonore and nice to add Lilian to her name.

I still don't see why she had to get an HRH style, but I don't rule Sweden. :)
Old 02-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Afraid I can't warm to the name Leonore, which is a bit odd, perhaps, because I really love the name Eleanor. I see "Leonore" and envision a male lion, or Leonardo DiCaprio.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svante Lindqvist, the Marshal of the Realm:
- It is important to follow the order of succession which requires her baptized in Sweden in the Swedish Church ti the Protestant faith, and that she is brought up within the Realm says Svante Lindqvist.
According to the Marshal of the Realm the court has interpreted that Princess Leonore must move back to Sweden close her sixth birthday in order to remain in the order of succession.
- She will be brought up from about six years of age and have her entire schooling in Sweden. She will be Swedish, speak Swedish flawlessly and take a Swedish school graduation, says Svante Lindqvist.
According Aftonbladet's royal expert Roger Lundgren:
- I think it is a marker that Madeleine will move back home with his family.
Svante Lindqvist stressed that the order of succession is "extremely vague" to what degree a child in the succession order must be raised and educated in Sweden.
- But then the question is whether they choose to stay in London, could the school there be counted as a swedish school?, Roger Lundgren wonders.
Måste gå i svensk skola Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 02-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Not my favorite name choice, but I haven't liked many of the names attached to the royal children (from any country) in recent years. At least she's not a Savannah or an Isla...
I respect your opinion but I personally think that Savannah and Isla are lovely names, I'm particularly warmed to Isla. Also, I'm going off-topic here but Savannah and Isla will never become Queen unless something terrible happens (which I doubt it will), so I think HM just let them "pick and choose" as it wouldn't really matter whether their name was royal or not.

Whilst I agree that Leonore and it's variants have been a little overused by the Royals, I still think it's a pretty name, but isn't what I expected at all - perhaps the Swedish Royals will start a tradition of surprising us. Lilian wasn't a surprise however and neither was Maria, but they're nice names nonetheless and I like how they continued the O'Neill Maria tradition. This is just a guess but perhaps little Leonore is named after Queen Ulrika Eleonora, as her name is a variant. It's interesting to note that Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherland's daughter (Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau) shares the same name and spelling, could this mean that Leonore is the Dutch variant? Moving on to her title; I still think its strange how Leonore received one and a Duchy, when Chris has none. Also is Estelle's Duchy (Ostergotland) linked to Gotland? I'm not an expert in Swedish - I have very basic knowledge of the language - but I think Oster might mean East, which would mean that Estelle is the Duchess of East Gotland if so.

Princess Leonore is a very sweet baby and already looks like the Bernadottes IMO. I love her blankets, too - she will need to wrap up warm in the cold weather that New York is experiencing at the moment! I hope we get a photo of her and Estelle together, that would be a cuteness overload.

Leonore already has her own Wikipedia page (but I think little George in Britain holds the record as he had a page before he was born! ):

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Will her surname be O'Neill? I mean, where does Chris fit in? His daughter and wife are grand HRHs and he's just Mr. O'NeilI. Prince Phillp was angered when his children were called Windsor with no reference to him and that's why the Queen eventually gave them the name Mountbatten-Windsor. IMO there was no need for all this. Even if Victoria has no more children C-P almost certainly will so this baby did not need these titles. She is far down the pecking order so it seems silly and over the top.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I respect your opinion but I personally think that Savannah and Isla are lovely names, I'm particularly warmed to Isla. Also, I'm going off-topic here but Savannah and Isla will never become Queen unless something terrible happens (which I doubt it will), so I think HM just let them "pick and choose" as it wouldn't really matter whether their name was royal or not.

Whilst I agree that Leonore and it's variants have been a little overused by the Royals, I still think it's a pretty name, but isn't what I expected at all - perhaps the Swedish Royals will start a tradition of surprising us. Lilian wasn't a surprise however and neither was Maria, but they're nice names nonetheless and I like how they continued the O'Neill Maria tradition. This is just a guess but perhaps little Leonore is named after Queen Ulrika Eleonora, as her name is a variant. It's interesting to note that Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherland's daughter (Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau) shares the same name and spelling, could this mean that Leonore is the Dutch variant? Moving on to her title; I still think its strange how Leonore received one and a Duchy, when Chris has none. Also is Estelle's Duchy (Ostergotland) linked to Gotland? I'm not an expert in Swedish - I have very basic knowledge of the language - but I think Oster might mean East, which would mean that Estelle is the Duchess of East Gotland if so.

Princess Leonore is a very sweet baby and already looks like the Bernadottes IMO. I love her blankets, too - she will need to wrap up warm in the cold weather that New York is experiencing at the moment! I hope we get a photo of her and Estelle together, that would be a cuteness overload.

Leonore already has her own Wikipedia page (but I think little George in Britain holds the record as he had a page before he was born! ):

Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since almost an hour there is a "fake" twitter account of Princess Leonore:

https://twitter.com/HKH_Leonore
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Will her surname be O'Neill? I mean, where does Chris fit in? His daughter and wife are grand HRHs and he's just Mr. O'NeilI. Prince Phillp was angered when his children were called Windsor with no reference to him and that's why the Queen eventually gave them the name Mountbatten-Windsor. IMO there was no need for all this. Even if Victoria has no more children C-P almost certainly will so this baby did not need these titles. She is far down the pecking order and it seems silly.
If Carl Philip marries Sofia Hellqvist and she turns down sharing her spouse's titles the way Chris O'Neill did, will their children have the surname Hellqvist?
Old 02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a beautiful baby with such lovely skintone and hair. Love it!
Old 02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
If Carl Philip marries Sofia Hellqvist and she turns down sharing her spouse's titles the way Chris O'Neill did, will their children have the surname Hellqvist?
Yeah, exactly.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
What a beautiful baby with such lovely skintone and hair. Love it!
Absolutely; I can't wait to see her grow into her looks. She looks like a little doll.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
I don't see that happening. End of off topic comment.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Gentry

I think it is perfect..Leonore....sunlight or light from the sun. Very sweet as her cousin, Estelle, means starlight. I think the sisters got together and thought of this. Congratulations to the royal couple on their new daughter. Her name is beautiful!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

Is it possible that Maddie did not want her child to have a rank lower than her brothers children so the king gave the baby the tiles.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Wow. Just wow. I am truly amazed by some of these comments!

Firstly, her name is beautiful. Yes, there are other princesses with the same first name, but who cares? How many of us went to school where there were multiple children with the same name in the same class? For those who critize her name, ever thought Madeleine and Chris really loved the name?

Secondly, why is everyone in uproar with the title? As others have explained, Sweden has equal inheritance. Why should Madeleine's child be excluded from receiving an HRH title? Equality means the same for all. If a prince's child can inherit his titles, so should children of a Princess. And for those stating Sweden doesn't need a big royal family etc, look at other royal family's and you'll see how small SRF really is.

Closed Thread

Tags
birth, chris o'neill, princess madeleine