The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think she looks like Chris and not Madeleine!
My mother told me once that newborn girls almost always look like their fathers because of a rush of male hormone right before birth. I was apparently the spitting image of my father right after I was born, but by the time I was a few months old I looked just like my mother... and I still do look just like her! I always thought that her cousin Princess Estelle looked very much like Prince Daniel when she was a small infant, and now Estelle looks very much like her mother. Things can change over time.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

Also, I'm a bit confused about her title. If she has the HRH, does that mean that she has to be raised in Sweden? I thought that Chris and Madeleine were planning on living in New York?

I'm a little surprised that they gave her the HRH and the duchy. I've noticed that many royal families are trying to downsize (look at Norway, for instance).

Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Also, I'm a bit confused about her title. If she has the HRH, does that mean that she has to be raised in Sweden? I thought that Chris and Madeleine were planning on living in New York?

I'm a little surprised that they gave her the HRH and the duchy. I've noticed that many royal families are trying to downsize (look at Norway, for instance).
The Marshall of the realm Mr Svante Lindqvist just said at the press conference that it has been decided that Princess Leonore will be raised in Sweden from the age of 6 and she will have all her education in Sweden so apparently they have plans to move to Sweden
Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My mother told me once that newborn girls almost always look like their fathers because of a rush of male hormone right before birth. I was apparently the spitting image of my father right after I was born, but by the time I was a few months old I looked just like my mother... and I still do look just like her! I always thought that her cousin Princess Estelle looked very much like Prince Daniel when she was a small infant, and now Estelle looks very much like her mother. Things can change over time.
Yes it's very true! I haven't seen pics of Madeleine as a baby so I can't judge
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

They said that she will be baptized at the start of the summer at this church: Storkyrkan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Expressen they plan to move Sweden when the little one starts school? Is that true?

It's required for Leo to live in Sweden and go to school, the announcer said 6 years in Sweden.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Off-topic, but the explanation I've heard is that an infant tends to look more like the father in the beginning so that the father will be more likely to recognize the child as his and take care of it.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

She's such a beautiful baby! Quite perfect! Congrats to the parents!!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
According to Expressen they plan to move Sweden when the little one starts school? Is that true?
Yes that's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post

The Marshall of the realm Mr Svante Lindqvist just said at the press conference that it has been decided that Princess Leonore will be raised in Sweden from the age of 6 and she will have all her education in Sweden so apparently they have plans to move to Sweden
Old 02-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm neutral on the name; I think it's better than Estelle, but that's about all I can say for it.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
The french form of the name is Eléonore
Thanks! I stand corrected. I guess it's German.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Aaaaahhhhh, what a wonderful sound with these names. Really, really beautiful!. I am sooo happy, that Lilian has been honored....
And (i have to admit), I am happy that it was not Alice, as this name sounds quite harsh.....
So in total I am superhappy about this great choice!
BYe Bine
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They said that she will be baptized at the start of the summer at this church: Storkyrkan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
No, they said that she would be baptized at the Royal Chapel, like Estelle.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's required for Leo to live in Sweden and go to school, the announcer said 6 years in Sweden.
Ah, it is already "LEO"
Just some hours a name, and already a nickname
BYe Bine
Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree, Leonore, not a good choice. The photo with the queen and king (who looks as if he wanted to be someplace else), whats the point? No picture with the parents?
The biggest joke is the HRH, I guess it will backfire soon since CP is likely to be treated the same way, plus Madde & Chris should be prepared for the press following their HRH offspring everywhere they go.
I completely agree with you DOM. Princess Christiana and The Princess Royal's examples would have served Madeleine and Chris well. And the HRH and the duchy is quite too much. Bad call. Leonore is a nice name but there are already several floating around and it's not very Swedish or American. But then again I had a feeling that they would pick something different.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No Leonore will be baptized in this Church at the Royal Palace in Stockholm where her cousin Estelle was baptized and her parents were married :)

http://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slottskyrkan
Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I do prefer Leonor reather than Leonore...
Old 02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

she is very beautiful and perfect
Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I do prefer Leonor reather than Leonore...
It is spelled Leonor without the e
Old 02-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Leonore Lilian Maria

H.K.H. Prinsessan Leonore Lilian Maria, Hertiginna av Gotland | Selda Gökta
Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

What is with the thing that they are trying to keep this child in the order of succession? This girl will not be Queen, Victoria will probably have more children and Carl-Phillip as well when he gets married, seriously, even Chris didn't want any title, I don't get it.

AND HRH??? seriously? I can pass a duchy or even the title of princess, but HRH? HH would be enough, that way she will have the same title as Estelle and their positions are so diferent. Soon they will be like Jordan and have thousands and thousands of Princes and Princesses. Absurd.

Leonore, another disappoinment. Lilian Maria, I quite like them. I like better Leonor than Leonore, but it's boring and so used already.

Tags
birth, chris o'neill, princess madeleine